Reload this Page >

great little utility - the Instant Network Bootdisk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-15-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I'd put this out there for all you IT folks. After all, everyone knows what a headache those network bootdisks can be, especially if you have different types of adapters.

It's a freeware utility that creates the disk from an .EXE (like other bootdisk utilities I've seen). But you don't have to worry about editing PROTOCOL.INI, SYSTEM.INI, etc. - just drop a copy of your particular network adapter's DOS driver onto the floppy. When you boot to it, it walks you step-by-step through all the pertinent information - drvier name, domain name, IP address, etc.

It's available here:
http://www.nick-christou.org.uk/start.htm (then click on "Boot Disks")

I promise, I'm not affiliated with this site at all. This utility saved my butt twice now, so I thought I'd share it. Although some of you may know already, since I got it through the almighty www.bootdisk.com