Reload this Page >

Need some PowerPoint help/advice!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-14-02, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing a 10-page report on "Processor Wars: Intel vs. AMD", with 3 other people, and we need to put together a PowerPoint presentation as an aid to our oral presentation. I've never really used PowerPoint before, and I'm wondering how I should start. Should I use a certain template for this report, or should I use the wizard, or what? If I knew the best way to get started, I'm sure I'd roll on thru it.
Old 04-14-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a collegiate setting, the wizards works wonders because Microsoft was kind enough to provide some templates for you.

You'll just need to play around with the templates -- keep format in mind. Don't use a small font as I assume you're going to use a projector to show your presentation. I usually use a 12 or 18 point font for presentations.

Also, only keep a few main points (no more than three) on your slides, and DO NOT just read your slides to your audience. This just insults their intellegence -- add value to your slides.

If you want to get fancy, use animation on the slides -- that dazzles anybody. It takes some time to understand how to use animation, but it's real easy once you get the hang of it.

Good Luck, and if you have questions, feel free to e-mail me.