Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Do your files in the Recycle Bin ever become hidden?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-12-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW - Windows 2000

This has been happening on and off lately. And it's completely random as to when it happens - the Recycle Bin's properties will keep telling me that there are zero files; but if I do an "Empty Recycle Bin", it will tell me "do you want to delete these 35 items" (or whatever the amount is).

It's the weirdest thing. And if I do empty it, then maybe the next few deletes will show up properly.

Oh, yeah, and it's not involving any kind of "hidden" files, BTW.

While typing this, I just had a thought - this is a dual-boot system, with a third data partition. If I deleted anything to the E: drive's Recycle Bin while in Win98, would that make them unviewable when I go back to Win2000? Just a thought.
Old 04-12-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you check my post below (about corrupt files), you could try that. I had some corrupt files and they weren't showing up in the recycle bin (but were in there somewhere). My computer ran scandisk on boot up and fixed the files. This might be your problem, but I'm not positive.