Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Cookies no longer work

Old 01-03-02, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cookies no longer work

This is more of an annoyance than anything. First of computer info:
Browser: IE 6.0

When I try to go to sites like Switchouse or the forums at Ultimowrestling I can't log in or stay logged in. At Switchouse I get the message saying I need a cookie enabled browser. The thing is I have IE set so all cookies are accepted and I'll see the cookie when I look in the cookies directory on my HD. Some cookies apparently work since Yahoo and Anandtech remember me logging in. All of this happened out of the blue and I have no idea what in the blue hell is going on.

The only thing I changed on my system was installing Morpheus, but that couldn't break my cookies, or could it? Mozilla works fine with cookies btw. If anyone knows how to fix this LMK.
Old 01-03-02, 11:32 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

try looking in the privacy tab in internet options. do this:

internet options-->privacy-->edit (button at the bottom)-->look for urls in the list labeled "block these cookies" or something like that, you'll know it when you see it. if you see the url for switchouse or ultimowrestling or whichever other site is giving you a problem, just click it and hit "remove" (removes it from the list of blocked urls).

if that's not it then i'm not sure what it could be.

--HN
Old 01-03-02, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My cookies are working again but that happened randomly. I only have Switchouse.com in the privacy ->edit panel but it was set for allow (it didn't help before). I'm beginning to think that this is a bug in IE6 since I did a search on it and many people had the same problem I had.