Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP! This is URGENT!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-31-01, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a contest going on right now for the movie Resident Evil where you create a poster and submit it.The Resident Evil Poster Contest ends in a few hours and I have two posters ready to go. The rules say that it MUST be 481 pixels wide by 715 pixels tall. My computer will only let me size it at either 480X648 or 530X715. Which should I use? I don't want to be disqualified, but my computer recognizes 481 X 715 to be incorrect and I don't want to be disqualified. Which sizing should I use? Or if you know how I can resize it to that, please tell me. Whenever I type in 481X715 it changes it to the above mentioned. Please help! I am so sorry that I am posting this here but I don't know where to turn or who to ask.
Old 12-31-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Please?
Old 12-31-01, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know what program you're using, but when you're resizing the image, look for a box that says "Maintain aspect ratio..." or something similar (that's the wording in Paint Shop Pro).

Make sure that box is UNchecked. Hope that helps!
Old 12-31-01, 12:13 PM
Gomez

1) try selecting all before resizing

2) if 1 does not work I would send 480X648 b/c too small will fit their frame, while the other choice is too large for their format

3) Adobe Photoshop can probably do any size, but SOL if you don't already own this software

4) you can email the poster to me and I can give it a whirl - (later deleted to spoil spam-bots, post here again if you want it)

Last edited by Gomez; 12-31-01 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-31-01, 12:14 PM
Gomez

Originally posted by RobCA
I don't know what program you're using, but look for a box that says "Maintain aspect ratio..." or something similar (that's the wording in Paint Shop Pro).

Make sure that box is UNchecked. Hope that helps!
Heehee, kinda like my 16:9 HDTV forcing full mode on progressive scan material, good idea