Norton AV and Windows XP?? Help...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-29-01, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all,

just installed Windows XP today, and my current edition of Norton AV (2001 for WinME) will not run. says i need to upgrade to the XP version or something... i went to the support site, and didn't see any kind of patch or upgrade, only a bunch of stuff for sale...

now, i'm using the norton that came installed on my PC when i bought it, and i just paid for another year of virus updates a month or two ago... is there any way to upgrade it to run on XP without paying any extra fees??
Old 12-29-01, 02:11 AM

I'm using Norton 2001 W/ XP and not having any probs. I had to download a small fix from nortons website. Sorry' no link.
Old 12-30-01, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ran into the same problem, and ended up buying Norton version 8.0 for XP.
Old 12-30-01, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just got this off their web site:

Situation:
You recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows XP or purchased a new computer with Windows XP preinstalled, and you want to know which versions of Norton AntiVirus are compatible with the Windows XP operating system.

Solution:
Only Norton AntiVirus 2002 is compatible with Windows XP and has received Windows XP logo certification from Microsoft. Previous versions of Norton AntiVirus do not support Microsoft Windows XP, and it is highly recommended that you upgrade to Norton AntiVirus 2002.