Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

KVM Switch

Old 12-29-01, 12:55 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KVM Switch

Does anyone has recommendation for a reasonable ($50-60) 2CPUs KVM switch and where can I buy it? Thx.
Old 12-29-01, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Linksys PS2KVMSK ProConnect 2-Port Compact KVM Switch Kit - got it from amazon a few months back. works great. $59.95:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...04SB99/dvdtalk
Old 12-29-01, 06:38 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks. The reviews sounded good. They're out of stock at Amazon.com. Outpost.com has it for $62.95. I'll probably order it tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with outpost.com and if there are any coupons that I can use? Thx.
Old 12-29-01, 06:44 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by glfng
Does anyone have any experience with outpost.com and if there are any coupons that I can use? Thx.
I used them a year ago and they were good. But I believe their ownership has changed and they're associated with (owned by?) Fry's now. I just hope their in-store attitude hasn't carried over.
Old 12-29-01, 08:15 PM
Cool New Member

buy.com also has this for $55.00. Does anyone have any experience with buy.com and if there are any coupons that I can use? Thx.
Old 12-29-01, 08:28 PM

I just had my first experience with Outpost, when they had those razor scooters for $5. It wasn't a good one.

I ordered 7 of them, along with a 50 pack of cd-r's for an additional $9.95. Shipping on the whole order was $12.56--quite reasonable sice the scooters were like 4lbs each. Everything showed as "in stock" when ordered. Anyway, I get an email the next day (Saturday) confirming that my order had shipped: One pack of cd-r's, but the scooters were cancelled because they ran out of stock. And shipping was still $12.56! Needless to say, I would have never chosen to buy 50 cd-r's for $22+, so I called their cs and explained this. Funny, he never offered to credit a portion of the shipping--he just suggested to refuse the order. Whatever. He even suggested to call Airborne and refuse it over the phone (in transit) to simplify the process! So I did. I also replied to the email to create a history of what I'd done. And it was a good thing I did...

A few days later that email gets replied to saying they had received it back and had credited my card "as requested". So I log on to check--indeed, they had credited my card $9.95. So I'm still out $12.56.

Now let me say at this point that I was merely on the receiving end of what began as a simple, honest mistake. I buy a lot off the internet, and these things inevitably happen. I'd have thought it would be a no-brainer for Outpost to fix, so I called their cs again. The guy immediately took the position that since an order had shipped and was 'refused', I was responsible for all shipping costs, regardless of how ridiculous they were to begin with. I explained that I had authorized $12.56 shipping on a $44 order, not $12.56 shipping on a $10 order. It was the shipping charges that made me call to begin with, and it was an Outpost service rep that told me not only to refuse it, but how, as a resolution. The guy didn't budge. So I rather firmly explained (again) that this was all a result their error, and I wouldn't accept a $12.56 charge due to no fault of my own, that this HAD to be a pretty clear cut case of when a policy ought to be bent in order to do the right thing. I also added that this second phone call to them was primarily a courtesy on my part to give them a chance to rectify their problem before I disputed the charges with my credit card company.
At that, he finally (and firmly, I might add) said "All right, Mr. Blanton, here's what I'll do: I''ll just refund the $12.56."
"Thank you," I said.
"Anything else?"
"Not today."
Click.

Then, of course, I immediately logged on to my GM Card account and disputed the remaining $12.56 charges. I attached the email trail to support my claim. No refund yet, but it's only been two days. This is only the second time I have ever disputed any charge on any credit card. We'll see...
Old 12-29-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk God

I give outpost.com as much business as possible.. because they have always been great for me

I have been ordering from them for a couple years now..

they use to give free overnight shipping.. which was great.. because alot of times, I would order something at 6 or 7 pm.. and it would show up at my door the next morning at 10am.. (that always impressed me).. but I guess they were losing quite a bit of money that way..
and they use to always throw in free toys or candy with all orders, but that stopped too

Ive placed about 50 orders with them, and have always had perfect service.. I highly recommend them