Reload this Page >

XP CD Burner Program

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

XP CD Burner Program

Old 12-24-01, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XP CD Burner Program

How is it? Easy CD Creator that came with my burner keeps crashing and messing up my CDRs, so I decided to use Music Match Jukebox. Only problem is I cannot alter the burn speed and I only get 3 more burns before my trial period expires, so I figured, since I'll probably be buying XP when I upgrade my computer, that I'd try it's program, instead of buying XP, plus buy music match. Which is better?
Old 12-24-01, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Easy CD below 5.x is not supported under XP. You need to get version 5, and download the latest upgrade from Roxio (www.roxio.com) as well as the XP update.
Old 12-24-01, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The integrated CD burning ability is fine, although does not feature any controls to fine tune the burn. If you want to just put files on CD, it will do fine.

I switch between three different burning programs, Nero (for general data/audio/VCD burning), DiscJuggler (for image burning), and CDRWIN (when I need to control everything about the burn). I would suggest you purchase Nero for your general burning needs.
Old 12-24-01, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only thing that turns me off with Nero is the $49.99 price tag that I'd have to pay each time an update comes out. Musicmatch was only $19.99 + ~$20 for a lifetime update subscription.
Old 12-25-01, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

EZCD 5.02 runs just fine on XP with my HP burner. Haven't had a coaster in almost 3 years using EZCD software, and I just think it's getting a bad rap because of not-so-good hardware being used.
Old 12-25-01, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lampei
The only thing that turns me off with Nero is the $49.99 price tag that I'd have to pay each time an update comes out. Musicmatch was only $19.99 + ~$20 for a lifetime update subscription.
If the version you buy works with your burner, there's no reason to upgrade. The version updates mainly fix burner compatability problems, and sometimes will add new features (such as Super VCD.. feel a need to make SVCDs?).

Nero is the best all around burning program (I have used quite a number), it is both powerful and easy to use.
Old 12-25-01, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by pantala

If the version you buy works with your burner, there's no reason to upgrade. The version updates mainly fix burner compatability problems, and sometimes will add new features (such as Super VCD.. feel a need to make SVCDs?).

Nero is the best all around burning program (I have used quite a number), it is both powerful and easy to use.
Well, you've convinced me. I was thinking of trying VCDs anyway and this will give me an excuse to try it . Thanks everyone.
Old 12-25-01, 10:39 AM

This is news to me. I've been using Nero for a little over 2 years, and I have NEVER paid for an update - I usually just download the update .exe file and it recognizes that I am a legit owner of the software.

Either way, I also recommend it - its an excellent software suite for CD burning.
Old 12-25-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Same here, get Nero. ONly beef I have with Nero is the audio disc-at-once. Why I can't create a CD without the 2 second gap in the first track? I have to use Easy CD Creator to work around this issue.
Old 12-25-01, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by zuffy
Same here, get Nero. ONly beef I have with Nero is the audio disc-at-once. Why I can't create a CD without the 2 second gap in the first track? I have to use Easy CD Creator to work around this issue.
The two second gap comes BEFORE the first track, not in between track 1 and 2. This is written into the Red Book standard for audio CDs.
Old 12-25-01, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pantala

The two second gap comes BEFORE the first track, not in between track 1 and 2. This is written into the Red Book standard for audio CDs.
Humm... I wish that is the case though. Once in a while I want to burn an audio CD for live performance. With live performance, you don't want that gap interruption. I noticed that Nero does not do a good job at it, and if I remember so, Nero puts a 2 second gap between track 1 and 2.