Reload this Page >

temperature monitoring software??

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-22-01, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of any user friendly temperature monitoring software is that I can d/l? I would like to primarily keep an eye on the mobo temp and the cpu temp. I checked our motherboard monitor 5 but it seems pretty advanced for what I want to use it for....
Old 12-22-01, 07:43 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you should use MM5. It's actually very easy to use and it worked way better than the crappy monitoring s/w that came with my Asus.
Old 12-23-01, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll look at it (MM5) again since it was 2:30 in the morning when I was looking it over last time

And I'm glad you mentioned something about the asus monitoring program. It is SUCK isn't it!! I just put in the a7v133 mobo and the probe software was telling me that my cpu was at 59 C but my bios listed at 49 C. Now I've got to work some on MM5 and try to determine what my actual temp really is....

Someone else mentioned "sandra" s/w. anyone heard of that? or have any experience with it?
Old 12-23-01, 02:14 AM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Shuki
Someone else mentioned "sandra" s/w. anyone heard of that? or have any experience with it?
Yeah, I use it. But just for benchmarking. I don't remember any specifics about temperature monitoring with it, but it does a lot!

MM5 though was just perfect for monitoring temps and RPMs. You can even set up the display to be analog or digital and just display what you are interested in. I really like it.
Old 12-23-01, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

now that I've sat down and taken about 45 minutes to an hour to thoroughly go through mbm5 I've found that it is indeed a fabulous program. I am wanting to get into some benchmarking too so I suppose I'll start with sandra. If anyone else wants the link to Sandra it's here http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra

link to motherboard monitor 5 is http://mbm.livewiredev.com/