Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

register.com vs godaddy?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

register.com vs godaddy?

Old 10-10-01, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
register.com vs godaddy?

Register.com wants to give me 10 years of a .com name for $299, I can get what seems to be the same thing for $69.95 from godaddy. They are both Accredited Registrars according to internic. What am I getting for that extra money? Thanks
Old 10-10-01, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: register.com vs godaddy?

Originally posted by theend
What am I getting for that extra money? Thanks
Ripped off.

Seriously, ever since domain registration was opened up, prices have been falling. Network Solutions and Register.com have not kept up, and so they are some of the highest priced (but most well-known) services out there. Really, though, one registrar is just like another.

GoDaddy seems to have dropped their prices since I was shopping around a few months ago. Personally, I went with www.active-domain.com for $10.95, which was one of the cheaper ones at the time, yet with good services. I had a good experience with them. Quick processing, and easy management of your domain.

GoDaddy seems like a bargain now though, and they are not a fly-by-night company. If you really want to register a domain for 10 years, I don't think you can beat that price. Go for it!
Old 10-13-01, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought I'd add my opinion of GoDaddy...they're great! Cheap, domain name belongs to me, easy to use, and modifications take effect very quickly.

I'd agree with Todd B. that all you'd get from register.com for the money they want is ripped off.
Old 10-13-01, 06:36 PM
Stealth Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A big for GoDaddy!