html help......

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

html help......

Old 10-04-01, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
html help......

http://xbox-pics.tripod.com/

I don't know a lot of html, but I was able to make my site like this (the left side and the right side) by using frames with Frontpage. But it seems that the more I put on the right side, the more the left side moves down. Is there an easy way to make the left side just stay at the top?

Also, and this isn't as important, but is there a relatively easy way to make it so the right side scrolls up and down while the left side stays in place?

....thanks for any help!

Last edited by tha_dvd_man; 10-04-01 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-04-01, 10:41 AM

Well, actually you are using a complicated TABLE layout, not frames.

Also, and this isn't as important, but is there a relatively easy way to make it so the right side scrolls up and down while the left side stays in place?
Yes, with frames!

Check out Webmonkey or do a search for HTML tutorials and you'll find tons of info on how to do it. It's not that hard to learn the basics, and frames are pretty simple.
Old 10-04-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

By default, Frontpage sets the separate cells in tables to align in the middle of the cell (hence your left hand side of the table is being aligned in the middle of the right hand side of the table).

To fix this, open up the page in Frontpage and select the whole table. Right click on the table and select: "Cell Properties..." In the box that pops up, next to the option that says: "Vertical Alignment" - select the "TOP" option. This will align both cells at the top of the table, rather than the default middle position that Frontpage uses.
Old 10-05-01, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Frontpage