Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

why doesn't the Content.IE5 folder and its contents get deleted?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-28-01, 03:06 PM
Stealth Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the temporary Internet Files folder is a hidden folder called Content.IE5. It has a ton of files in it. When I empty the Temporary Internet Files folder, why don't those files get deleted?

How can I set it up so that when I delete the contents of a folder, ALL files (system & hidden files too) get deleted?
Old 09-28-01, 03:50 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All that should be left after you tell IE to Delete Files (and check the Delete all offline content box) are cookies. As to why they don't delete when you delete a parent directory, they're probably protected by the OS since IE is so integrated with it.
Old 09-28-01, 04:55 PM
Stealth Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by X
All that should be left after you tell IE to Delete Files (and check the Delete all offline content box) are cookies. As to why they don't delete when you delete a parent directory, they're probably protected by the OS since IE is so integrated with it.
a TON of files are left in the Content.IE5 directory, even after you check the delete all offline content box. in the Content.IE5 directory are a bunch of directories. each of those directories contain 1000+ files. i couldn't view the files in windows, but i went to a DOS screen and hit "dir /a" to view all files. i then deleted all these files.