Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Extracted a file I got off of Morpheus, but I don't know where it went!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-25-01, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I downloaded some software(public domain ) and it was extracted, but I have no idea what directory it went to and I can't find it. Kind of frustrating. I still have the zipped file, but I don't want to have to extract it again. Any ideas?
Old 09-26-01, 09:36 AM

This has happened to me a few times for no explainable reason. Check out your Temp Internet Folder, and it *should* be there (it might even look like the file name it has as it is being transferred via Morpheus before it completes the download (ie [email protected]/euhyuhtitrijtoijertyiureyr.dat or something like that). I kept the default downlaod folder the same rather than change it to make it easier for me to locate files I got off of Morphues, but at times they end up in the Temp Int. Folder - don't know why.

If you don't have the newest version of Morpheus, you may want to update to it. Since I have, this has not been an issue (for me).

Good luck!
Old 09-27-01, 04:50 AM

oh come on...if it's a zip or a self extracting zip open it in winzip before extracting...otherwise re extract the thing and watch for a file name or the location and search/find or go to the locaton...