Reload this Page >

Stupid My Pictures folder!!!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-25-01, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know how to delete it permantly fro Windows 2000?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-01, 12:19 PM

Not sure but maybe TweakUI can do it...... However if it's the mere presence of it that bothers you, you can just change the folders properties to "hidden" and it should be out of the way.
Old 09-26-01, 03:05 AM

The version of TweakUI that I'm using (which has support for Win2k features) does not get rid of that folder. You may want to go into the registry and remove that key altogether or change it to some other directory. I'm not on my Win2k box right now, but I believe the registry key won't be too far off from its Win98 equivalent.

Look in the key:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"

In this key, there should be subkey (? - I have no clue what the official names for these entries are) called "My Pictures".

You may want to do the same thing under the HKEY_USERS key. If all else fails, search for the string "My Pictures" in regedit, and it should find the key for you.