Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Help with a stupid question please.

Old 08-12-01, 03:18 PM

Help with a stupid question please.

I finally got a computer with a DVD rom and I can't figure out how to run the DVD rom features from the DVD

When I put the DVD into the drive, the computer automatically brings up the movie playing software. When I click on "DVD rom features" within the DVD menu, it just tells me to insert the disk into a computer DVD rom drive, same as it would in a normal dvd player.

So my stupid question is ... How in the hell do I access the DVD rom features on my computer???

Thanks for your help
Old 08-12-01, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Assuming this in on a Windows machine, have you tried using Explorer on the disc?
Old 08-12-01, 05:26 PM
X
Administrator

Not a stupid question at all. If Explorer doesn't do it, you may need to use a thing called "PC Friendly". Usually it installs itself when you try to access the DVD rom features.

PC Friendly is an abomination so if you get it installed and have any kind of problem, make sure you uninstall it first before looking for any other cause.