DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Streaming Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/)
-   -   Amazon Prime Chargers Game has Issues (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/656285-amazon-prime-chargers-game-has-issues.html)

leeta 09-15-22 07:31 PM

Amazon Prime Chargers Game has Issues

I don't know if its just me, but the game doesn't look high def, is jerky (tiny pauses) and is poorly lit. Ran a speed test and it came up as107 mbps so that's not the issue. Is anyone else having these problems?

The commercials look ok.

DJariya 09-15-22 07:34 PM

Re: Amazon Prime Chargers Game has Issues

The game looks like it's in 4K UHD to me :shrug:

leeta 09-15-22 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14164178)
The game looks like it's in 4K UHD to me :shrug:

Okay, thanks. I don't know what the problem is. Prime video usually looks great. Watched The Rings of Power episodes and they were beautiful. YouTube TV live streams are crisp, as well. It's just this game. 😄

​​​

TomOpus 09-15-22 10:19 PM

Game looked fine to me even when I had Prime Vision on. Game screen was still big enough to enjoy the game.

Decker 09-16-22 01:25 AM

Chargers game?
;)

TomOpus 09-16-22 01:53 AM

Picture looked fine.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...1de7973ebc.jpg

leeta 09-16-22 08:54 AM

Went back later and tried it after the game was over and it looked fine with no problems. For some reason, I was having a problem with live streaming it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Alan Smithee 09-16-22 04:38 PM

Is it available to watch replayed for all Prime subscriptions? If so I’ll look at it after work today. I’m sure I can spot any problems :)

Alan Smithee 09-16-22 10:57 PM

Quality depends on your device- the app on my NVidia Shield looks as good as live TV- proper frame rate, noticing some very slight glitches when the camera changes shots but not very obvious.

Using the Chromecast feature on the same unit gives you just half the frame rate, and I can’t access any of this stuff through the Kodi app which is preferred whenever possible. Hopefully that’s being worked on, as it won’t play any of the free-with-ads movies either.

Alan Smithee 09-16-22 11:07 PM

Also plays great using Airplay, which will keep their rating info and other crap from being overlayed. Oddly it passes 5.1 sound from the football game, while it only passes 2-channel (and 1080 video) from movies and shows. They must be using different servers for these hence why you can’t get them on the Kodi app.

TomOpus 09-17-22 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 14164587)
Is it available to watch replayed for all Prime subscriptions? If so I’ll look at it after work today. I’m sure I can spot any problems :)

Go to the Thursday Night Football section under the Sports tab and there's a Watch Replay National Broadcast button.

leeta 09-19-22 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 14164760)
Quality depends on your device- the app on my NVidia Shield looks as good as live TV- proper frame rate, noticing some very slight glitches when the camera changes shots but not very obvious.

Using the Chromecast feature on the same unit gives you just half the frame rate, and I can’t access any of this stuff through the Kodi app which is preferred whenever possible. Hopefully that’s being worked on, as it won’t play any of the free-with-ads movies either.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 14164764)
Also plays great using Airplay, which will keep their rating info and other crap from being overlayed. Oddly it passes 5.1 sound from the football game, while it only passes 2-channel (and 1080 video) from movies and shows. They must be using different servers for these hence why you can’t get them on the Kodi app.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 14164587)

Thanks for all the great info! Yes, you can watch it as TomOpus described.

TomOpus 09-19-22 08:00 PM

I watched the 4th quarter again on Saturday :)

Shannon Nutt 09-21-22 04:56 PM

Played great live on my Apple TV box, but I did read a LOT of complains about the audio being out of synch from others (I didn't have any issues).