Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

How much time per day do you spend watching content on your paid streaming services? (No purchases)

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio
View Poll Results: How much time do you spend watching content on your paid streaming services?
1-2 hours per day
28.57%
3-4 hours per day
21.43%
5-6 hours per day
7.14%
7-8 hours per day
0%
9-10 hours per day
0%
11-15 hours per day
0%
More than 15 hours per day
0%
Under 5 hours per week
21.43%
Only a few hours per month
14.29%
Other - Please explain
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

How much time per day do you spend watching content on your paid streaming services? (No purchases)

Old 07-11-19, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah so how much time?

Do you watch stuff every single night? Do you only have time to watch stuff a few hours a week? Are you really bad and lazy and just let it sit unwatched/unused for weeks and maybe under 5 hours per month?

I know many here purchase content off Vudu, FandangoNow, ITunes in bulk and probably never watch right now. Purchases to keep forever don't count here.

and I emphasize PAID. No cheating using Kodi, APKs, Torrents or illegal streaming apps.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-11-19 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-11-19, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: How much time per day do you spend watching content on your paid streaming services? (No purchases)

My kids probably justify my Netflix account by themselves, especially during summer time. Personally I don't watch it that much... even stuff I'm super interested in (like Umbrella Academy), I usually don't watch right away, largely because it's always around. To my shame I'd rather watch something like Big Brother.
Old 07-11-19, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: How much time per day do you spend watching content on your paid streaming services? (No purchases)

For me, when I have free time and don't have other plans like going out, working or going to a new movie in theatres, I would say 3-4 on a good night. I'm constantly playing catch up and there's so much that I haven't even started yet and others I try to catch up on after falling behind.
Old 07-11-19, 08:12 PM

I can go weeks without touching Netflix or Amazon. I try to watch some stuff every week but that doesn't always happen. Watched 4 episodes of Stranger Things when it came out, haven't gone back yet. There's stuff on there I like but I try to keep my DVR manageable too. Checks and balances. Now that it's summer, the DVR is lightened up somewhat, but not enough where I can ignore it for too long.
Old 07-12-19, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm probably watching Netflix 4 to 6 hours per week. CBS Access one hour a week, and Hulu maybe a few hours a month. I use Amazon prime when there's an exclusive series I really like (such as Jack Ryan or the recent Good Omens), but otherwise I rarely use it at all.
Old 07-12-19, 11:18 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I watch about 80 minutes of total content a day, and perhaps 30 minutes of that is from a paid streaming service.
Old 07-12-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It depends on the time of the year for us. From September to June, we average an hour per day during the weekdays. During the weekend, it’s much higher.

In July and August, we could be streaming from 4-6 hours daily.

The most heavily streamed service is Netflix and Prime Video for us. From September to May, DAZN gets streamed heavily due to the NFL, soccer and baseball.

I use Crunchyroll the least. Usually to catch up on Detective Conan, My Hero Academia and Naruto.
Old 07-13-19, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will often go days without streaming if I’m off work. But since my job includes a lot of sitting on my ass (anywhere from 6 to 9 hours per shift), I’ll knock out anywhere from 2 to 7 hours of streaming, depending on if I’m binging something.
Old 07-13-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After the kids are in bed, so maybe 1-2 hours per night. Sometimes though, we just keep the TV off and read. Weekends are different, we can do 5-10 hours total, depending on what we’re into.
Old 07-16-19, 05:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

it's sad, i have them all and then some and hardly watch a thing...
Old 07-19-19, 09:22 AM

I myself probably average 3-4 hours a day. I dont watch everyday but some days I watch a few more hours to make up for the days I dont.

its not unusual for me to watch between 4 to 5 episodes of something on one of my services and then watch one or two on another before going to bed. Then miss out all together the next day. For example last night I watched 3 episodes of the first season of dark matter on amazon, then switched over to foxtel now and watched an episode of Warrior, than an episode of the protector on netflix. Ronight I havent turned on any streaming service.

as a family wed more likely watch 12 plus hours a day. My eldest daughter watched at least 4 hours after school. My 7 yr old has watched several episodes of mia and me followed by spirit on her ipad. Then again my son pretty much only watches youtube or twitch. The wife streams at least 2 hrs + a day as she at the very least she streams her soaps