Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio
Old 01-01-24, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
What's New each month on Peacock:
https://www.peacocktv.com/collections/new-on-peacock

Leaving Peacock this month:
https://www.peacocktv.com/collections/leaving-peacock

These lists are updated on the 1st of each month.
Print Wikipost

Peacock -- NBC Universal streaming service

Old 01-11-21, 10:04 AM

Received 4,562 Likes on 3,096 Posts
Re: Peacock -- NBC Universal streaming service

Some of the Monster movies will be on YouTube for a limited period:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ube-streaming/
Old 01-22-21, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,635 Likes on 2,608 Posts

https://deadline.com/2021/01/cable-n...ck-1234678611/

NBC Sports Network will go dark by the end of the year. Future live events will go to Peacock and USA.

That likely means Soccer, Hockey (if they renew their deal with the NHL), golf and tennis will be heading to Peacock.
Old 01-22-21, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Never did like NBC Sports Network.

Hopefully the people who worked their can find new jobs elsewhere.

Also wish that ESPN pick's up some of the NHL game coverage starting next year.
Old 01-22-21, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I LOVE NBC Sports Chicago hockey coverage. That really sucks.
Old 01-22-21, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Xander
I LOVE NBC Sports Chicago hockey coverage. That really sucks.
That is not affected. NBC Sports Chicago is a regional sports network. NBCSN is the national network.
Old 01-25-21, 07:23 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

This is huge and will certainly give a boost to Peacock

NBCU’s Peacock Pins WWE Network Exclusive U.S. Streaming Rights

Courtesy of WWENBCUniversal’s Peacock soon will be the only place to watch WWE Network in the U.S.

WWE and NBCU reached a multiyear agreement giving Peacock exclusive streaming rights to WWE Network for American viewers. The over-the-top wrestling entertainment service’s existing U.S. subscribers (about 1.1 million in total) will be migrated over to Peacock Premium, where they’ll continue to get access to WWE Network but will pay 50% less per month while getting full access to the version of the Peacock Premium tier with ads.

Peacock will launch WWE Network on March 18, 2021, when Peacock will begin the rollout of more than 17,000 hours of WWE Network new, original, and library programming (both on-demand and on a new 24-hour channel).

The NBCU streamer will have all WWE live events — for no additional charge — including WrestleMania and SummerSlam, with Fastlane the first event to stream on Peacock on Sunday, March 21. (WWE fans who would prefer to order events via traditional pay-per-view will still have that option.)

WWE Network will be available on Peacock Premium (which includes ads) for $4.99 per month, half the price of WWE Network’s current $9.99/month pricing. The no-commercials Peacock Premium Plus plan, which costs $9.99/month, also will include WWE Network.

The companies plans to share details of how existing WWE Network subscribers in the U.S. will be switched to Peacock (e.g., whether they will be automatically subscribed to Peacock) in the next few weeks. Nothing will change for WWE Network subscribers outside the U.S.

Financial terms of Peacock-WWE Network pact were not disclosed. “We feel great about the financials. Otherwise we wouldn’t have done the deal,” said Nick Khan, WWE’s president and chief revenue officer, who joined the company last August from CAA. “To have WrestleMania in particular — which is our Super Bowl — available [for no extra cost] on Peacock is quite different from other models you’re seeing.”

For Peacock, the WWE Network is “a transformative addition,” said Rick Cordella, Peacock’s EVP and chief revenue officer. “We have a lot of data that shows live events and sports drives a lot of user acquisition,” he said. “The bet is that there exists a much larger total available audience [for WWE programming] than is on WWE Network today.”

NBCU and WWE have been partners for almost 30 years, starting in 1993 with “Monday Night Raw” on USA. “WWE has always tapped into the cultural zeitgeist with spectacular live events and larger-than-life characters, and we are thrilled to be the exclusive home for WWE Network and its millions of fans across the country,” said Cordella.

In the third quarter of 2020, WWE Network had average paid subscribers of 1.6 million, down about 60,000 from the prior quarter but an increase of 6% year over year — marking the service’s first annual growth since Q1 of 2019. The entertainment company originally launched WWE Network in February 2014, when it ended its traditional pay-per-view events business.

Starting in 2022, WWE will produce “one signature documentary annually” for the WWE Network on Peacock. Also available on WWE Network are about 100 hours of original series like “Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions,” “Undertaker: The Last Ride” and the recently premiered “WWE Icons”; in-ring shows like NXT, NXT UK and WWE 205 Live, as well as replays of “Raw” and “SmackDown”; WWE Network archives, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view event in history; and documentaries including “WWE 24,” “WWE Untold” and “WWE 365.”

Peacock, which NBCU launched nationwide in July 2020, attracted nearly 22 million user “sign-ups” in its first six months of wide release, according to the company. Eligible customers of Comcast Xfinity X1 and Flex and Cox’s Contour — a total of about 24 million households — get Peacock Premium included at no additional cost.

Peacock’s content lineup includes a slate of originals, libraries of TV shows — including all episodes of “The Office” and “Yellowstone” — and films from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination, and other studios. In addition, the OTT service provides news, sports, late-night, Spanish-language, and reality from across NBCUniversal.

Peacock Premium now offers more than 47,000 hours of programming. NBCU also offers a free, ad-supported version of Peacock with a trimmed-down bucket of content.
Old 01-25-21, 07:31 AM
Banned

I'm guessing this is part of the fallout of NBCSports shutting down. A lot of content is going to be moved to USA Network, which will certainly affect Monday Night Raw at some point. I'm guessing this move was made to appease Vince McMahon while at the same time boosting the sub numbers for Peacock
Old 01-25-21, 10:58 AM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I'm guessing this move was made to appease Vince McMahon...
Corporations aren't generally giving out billion dollar contracts to appease a business partner lol. Peacock only gains 1.1 million users (well technically less, if any of the WWE Network people have Peacock to begin with) for a service that already has 20 million-ish. But what they DO gain is now all 5 hours of prime time WWE programing on USA Network will be shilling Peacock constantly. And probably more important to them, 2 hours of FOX's prime time programming will also now be shilling Peacock lol.

Whatever the fallout of NBCSN dissolving, I don't see them messing with Raw too much. NXT on the other hand, I could see being moved back to The Network to make room for Wednesday night hockey. It can be played off as a programming change out of their control, instead of having to admit going head to head with AEW was a really dumb move. But they save face because hockey takes precedent.
Old 01-25-21, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Seems like a no brainer for the people who were already subscribed to either service, however I'm not sure how much this will drive new subs from people that weren't already watching wrestling. The more the merrier, though. If they only had an app on Fire TV, I'd probably be tempted.

Heck, even if you wanted to just watch Wrestlemania with some friends, it's only five bucks.
Old 01-25-21, 01:06 PM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Seems like a no brainer for the people who were already subscribed to either service, however I'm not sure how much this will drive new subs from people that weren't already watching wrestling.
There's probably a lot of infrequent subscribers (like me) that only sign-up for a month from time to time. I'm not that interested in Peacock and only subscribe to WWE a few months a year. By combining Peacock and WWE Network, I'd consider an annual membership. That's a great value.
Old 01-25-21, 03:04 PM

I wonder if they're going to include non-WWE content. I have a feeling we're going to lose a lot of stuff like classic Mid-South and World Class shows. Maybe even ECW and WCW. That would be a shame.
Old 01-25-21, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by New Lurker
Corporations aren't generally giving out billion dollar contracts to appease a business partner lol. Peacock only gains 1.1 million users (well technically less, if any of the WWE Network people have Peacock to begin with) for a service that already has 20 million-ish. But what they DO gain is now all 5 hours of prime time WWE programing on USA Network will be shilling Peacock constantly. And probably more important to them, 2 hours of FOX's prime time programming will also now be shilling Peacock lol.

Whatever the fallout of NBCSN dissolving, I don't see them messing with Raw too much. NXT on the other hand, I could see being moved back to The Network to make room for Wednesday night hockey. It can be played off as a programming change out of their control, instead of having to admit going head to head with AEW was a really dumb move. But they save face because hockey takes precedent.
I posted this before knowing that it was a billion dollar deal. Still, RAW will most likely be pre-empted at some point for playoff hockey. That must irk Vince as that was something he has been extremely adamant about not happening again. Also, NBC overpaid for this. WWE benefits completely from the deal. I know content is premium but NBC overpaid

Last edited by Red Hood; 01-25-21 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-25-21, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I wonder if they're going to include non-WWE content. I have a feeling we're going to lose a lot of stuff like classic Mid-South and World Class shows. Maybe even ECW and WCW. That would be a shame.
Over the past year the WWE Network has cut back on releasing classic wrestling shows limiting it too usually ten episodes a month.

Wrestling Challenge(which came out last Monday) had 13 episodes from 1986.

The only reason I watch the WWE Network is because of it's classic content.

WWE Network News(unofficial) is a good source for new classic content news .
Old 01-25-21, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Peacock is not a bad start up service. They have a decent selection of classic shows and movies and a fair amount of current shows and movies as well. They have some live channels and sports as well. They are missing 4K content and of course they could improve their Peacock originals, which were slowed in production because of Covid. But it’s not a terrible service like say DC Universe. And if you’re a wrestling fan, then great news about this deal.
Old 01-26-21, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Old 01-26-21, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Wow I was wondering when a streaming service would get Modern Family. Surprised it didn’t go to Hulu. I know Hulu had it on a season to season basis, but not past seasons.
Old 01-26-21, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Clarification. It’s a shared deal. Hulu also gets the full series rights along with Peacock.
Old 01-28-21, 09:22 AM

The Office is being more actively streamed on Peacock than it was on Netflix, according to NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell.

Speaking during Comcast’s fourth-quarter earnings call, Shell did not elaborate on his assessment with any specific data. But he cited the sitcom, which NBCU brought back into the fold in a $500 million licensing deal, as proof that the company’s commitment to streaming will bear fruit over time.

“We’re seeing people who are watching The Office on Peacock are watching lots of our other comedies,” Shell said. “It’s really driving Parks & Recreation and really driving Brooklyn Nine-Nine, amongst others. So, it’s kind of an ecosystem.” He said the dynamics are “like broadcast, where we can cross-promote people into different things. That certainly seems to be working.”

In 2020, when The Office was wrapping its run on Netflix, it was far and away the most-streamed show in the U.S., according to Nielsen, with 57.1 billion total minutes of viewing.

Comcast said Peacock had attracted 33 million sign-ups as of December 31 and brought in $100 million in revenue during the fourth quarter. Losses are estimated to be $2 billion for the 2020 and 2021, CFO Mike Cavanagh said, matching projections at launch. While the subscription tier costs $5 a month for subscribers whose pay-TV or broadband video plans don’t include it at no cost, Peacock remains primarily an advertising play, Shell emphasized.

No other metrics were revealed during the call, but the NBCU boss said it is “significantly” exceeding internal forecasts for engagement, view time and other indicators. Given Peacock only launched nationally last summer, Shell said, “we’re at the very beginning of this business but we’re very confident that the business model is the right business model. … Its steady growth is very promising for us.”

Starting this year, the company announced during the call, will combine the results of broadcast, cable and Peacock into a single set of financials. “We’re programming it as such, we’re selling it to advertisers as one platform as such, and so I think over time it will be harder and harder to distinguish between the profitability of cable networks and the rest of our television business.” Organizationally, the company has executed a sweeping restructuring with the same goal, he noted.
https://deadline.com/2021/01/the-off...ll-1234682330/
Old 02-02-21, 04:03 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 905 Likes on 765 Posts

there an ad-free version you can pay for? i saw Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (S1) and it was a little annoying with the commercials. i know it was on Hulu, but i guess S1 moved here and S2 will eventually.
Old 02-02-21, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by OldBoy
there an ad-free version you can pay for?
Yes. Here are your choices.

Free - Limited content with ads

$5/month - All content available with ads

$10/month - All content available with no ads.
Old 02-02-21, 04:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 905 Likes on 765 Posts

Yeesh. Thanks DJ. I’ll just rely on S1 I have in Vudu and hopefully get to S2 while it’s still on Hulu. I should, this show is fucking amazing! I teared during S1, Ep 1. Levy is so good and should be nominated for Emmy! That first ep when she is pouring her heart out to Peter Gallagher in his stupor state was so genuine and heartfelt. I know she can dance and I think that is her singing too, right? She is just super cute and super talented.
Old 02-08-21, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Flashdance is on Peacock with 19 year old Jennifer Beals. I've seen it maybe 1-2 times, but it's been at least 15 years or longer since I last saw it. I know it's not a great movie, but the music and dancing are solid. And of course Beals.

Very odd that Peacock got the rights and not Paramount + Maybe it will eventually switch over.
Old 02-09-21, 09:00 PM

If anyone finds a promo code or discount offer, please post it. Thanks.
Old 02-10-21, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
If anyone finds a promo code or discount offer, please post it. Thanks.
My AMEX card currently has an offer of spend $4.99 and get back $4.99 for up to 3 months. So, 3 months free for Premium with adds.
The following users liked this post:
TheBigDave (02-13-21)
Old 02-10-21, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Some chase credit cards have a cash back offer on first month.
The following users liked this post:
TheBigDave (02-13-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.