Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

VRV - The Best Deal In Streaming Services?

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

VRV - The Best Deal In Streaming Services?

Old 11-13-18, 11:22 PM

Received 227 Likes on 164 Posts
Re: VRV - The Best Deal In Streaming Services?

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
You had VRV, HiDive and Boomerang? How many streaming services do you subscribe to?
Probably 6 or 7 at any given time. It depends. I frequently cancel/resubscribe from month to month.

Right now I have Netflix, Prime, Hulu, VRV and WWE. I also have Shudder even though VRV offers it, because I got a great discount on an Annual Pass and it was the only way to watch the Joe Bob marathon. I just cancelled HiDive and Boomerang.

Sometimes I'll subscribe to Acorn, Britbox, Hallmark, HBO if there's something I want to watch.
Old 08-05-19, 03:26 AM

Looks like VRV just lost Shudder. That sucks.

It's still a good deal for Crunchyroll subscribers. It's only $2 more, and you get HiDive & Boomerang.

On the positive side, they added a bunch of MST3K and Shout Factory stuff. But I hope they get something to replace Shudder. That's a huge loss.

Last edited by TheBigDave; 08-05-19 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-01-20, 09:37 PM

VRV just added some stuff from Shout Factory:

SHOWS

Kamen Rider: Kuuga
Synopsis: When a group of archaeologists uncover the tomb of a legendary warrior, they unearth Kuuga’s belt, accidentally releasing an ancient race of monsters called the Grongi, bent on destroying humanity.

Chojin Sentai Jetman
Synopsis: From the original Japanese series that inspired Power Rangers. The Sky Force sends five highly trained operatives to participate in an experiment which will expose them to Birdonic Waves, resulting in superhuman abilities. But when the Earth Ship is attacked by Vyram, the majority of the Birdonic Waves are sent to Earth and find four unsuspecting civilians. Now, it’s up to these four accidental super humans – Raita, Kaori, Ako, and Gai – alongside Ryu, the only original operative to receive Birdonic Waves, to defend their dimension against Vyram.

Supercar
Synopsis: The premiere Supermarionation series from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. Supercar was a prototype vehicle that could travel in the air, on land, or beneath the sea. Its test pilot was Mike Mercury, who traveled the world in search of adventure. Supercar was designed by Professor Popkiss and Dr. Beaker, who continued to modify it for specific missions. Often traveling with Mike was 10-year-old orphan Jimmy Gibson.

MOVIES

Amazons
Synopsis: An epic from the dark ages about the legendary lost tribe of warrior women. The girls fly into danger, come up against fierce tribes, fall prey to sorcery, put to rest a family rivalry of centuries past, and battle to victory!

Barbarian Queen
Synopsis: The Barbarian Queen, armed with her sword and a burning desire for revenge, accompanied by three ravishing but deadly women warriors, mercilessly overthrows the tyrannical warlord who slaughtered her tribeswomen and enslaved her men in the gladiator ring.

Hawk the Slayer
Synopsis: With the aid of his companions, a man seeks to defeat his evil brother who has taken a nun hostage.

Sorceress
Synopsis: The cosmic struggle between white magic and black magic unfolds in an age of swords, sorcery, barbarians, and babes.

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom
Synopsis: When evil screams throughout the world. When all the galaxies converge. When all that’s fair and fine seems lost. A Hero will emerge.

MORE INFO - https://www.theouterhaven.net/2020/0...nermedias-vrv/
Old 05-01-20, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
VRV just added some stuff from Shout Factory:

Hawk the Slayer
Old 08-29-20, 03:10 AM

VRV lost NickSplat.

What happened to my Nicksplat Premium membership?

We’re making some changes to VRV--part of this unfortunately includes removing Nicksplat from our channel lineup. As of August 28, 2020, Nicksplat is no longer available.

https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/article...ith-Nicksplat-
Old 12-09-20, 10:10 PM

VRV lost Boomerang.

What happened to my Boomerang Premium membership?

We’re making some changes to VRV--part of this unfortunately includes removing Boomerang from our channel lineup. As of December 1st, 2020, Boomerang is no longer available.

https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/article...-to-Boomerang-
Old 12-10-20, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 569 Likes on 443 Posts

Is VRV included in the sale of Crunchyroll to Sony? If not, RIP VRV.
Old 12-10-20, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Is VRV included in the sale of Crunchyroll to Sony? If not, RIP VRV.
An article on Engadget mentioned that VRV was included.

https://www.engadget.com/crunchyroll...003449882.html