Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

There's a pretty good Google Chrome extension that helps to track:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gahemgmjfkdopc

Supported sites:
Vudu
FandangoNow (seems a bit buggy)
Google Play (also for family sharing)
Movies Anywhere

Granted, it only tracks them, you may still have to get involved and contact people when things go missing. I generally just try to wait it out. 99% of the time they get sorted out on their own eventually.
Old 06-08-19, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I should have been more specific. These are movies and shows not showing in Movies Anywhere or VUDU, which is making me think it might also be an Ultraviolet issue? But that's still not explaining all of the weird issues.

It all started when my kids went to go watch the Aladdin movies, but could only see the first one listed. I figured no big deal and got the code sheet and entered it, but it showed already redeemed. I was even able to find it in my account history for the points. Then I started to dig around Vudu and noticed a bunch of others missing too. King Kong extended or regular edition (code also showing it was redeemed), etc.

Normally I would just wait and see if it was just a hiccup and see if it fixes itself, but it's a huge pain in the ass right now because I boxed up all of our movies since we are in the process of moving. So it could be months before I unbox everything and go through each one individually to see what's accounted for.
Old 06-08-19, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Not sure if that's right either. The first Aladdin is currently not for sale on Vudu (Vaulted), and as such that means you cannot search for it.
If you own it, you can scroll through your My Movies, it will still show there if you own it.

Here is the direct link. Start it on a computer, then stop it and go to whatever device is hooked to your tv. It should now show under Continue Watching in the Vudu App.
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/.../Aladdin/39835
The other 2 Aladdins are searchable because they are for sale currently.

The Movies Anywhere app does not have this problem, if you own it, it shows up in search. If you're signed out of MA, then Aladdin does not show in a search.
Old 06-08-19, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the original Aladdin is the only one showing in my list. But both sequels are missing and when I try to redeem the codes they are saying they have already been redeemed (which is in line with what my Disney Movies Rewards account history says as well). So yeah, I'm still not sure which others are affected but I'm sure there are more we will come across as we go to watch stuff on our Roku since the physical discs are packed up.
Old 06-08-19, 06:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Not sure if that's right either. The first Aladdin is currently not for sale on Vudu (Vaulted), and as such that means you cannot search for it.
If you own it, you can scroll through your My Movies, it will still show there if you own it.

Here is the direct link. Start it on a computer, then stop it and go to whatever device is hooked to your tv. It should now show under Continue Watching in the Vudu App.
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/.../Aladdin/39835
The other 2 Aladdins are searchable because they are for sale currently.

The Movies Anywhere app does not have this problem, if you own it, it shows up in search. If you're signed out of MA, then Aladdin does not show in a search.
wow. that's weird. i do own it and couldn't search. but used your link. thanks.
Old 06-08-19, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

b2net's story is quite sobering if you have a large digital collection. It's why I really don't place much stock in mine. I loathe dealing with VUDU's customer service over any issue.

I did notice that a few things recently popped up in my VUDU tv collection from codes I believe I redeemed on Flixster back in the day.
Old 06-08-19, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,194 Likes on 4,221 Posts

Can somebody else please check your FN library to see if you have more than your most recent 100 titles in your Library This has been an issue for me for a while and it's not been fixed at all. I just add new titles and they replace older ones (though I still own them if I search for them).
Old 06-08-19, 10:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Just checked my phone app and through my Roku, and it definitely has more than the most recent 100. I’d say it just pretty much all of my UV/MA movies.
Old 06-08-19, 10:43 PM

Interesting. I see way more than 100 on the app (which I had never downloaded before) I only have 100 on the website. I just now checked my Library in my browser and sure enough, 99 titles
Old 06-08-19, 11:07 PM
Banned by request

I just checked on my laptop in a browser. Looks like the initial load had about 50 titles or so. As I scrolled down, the blank area below slowly populated with more titles. Slow load, but I could keep scrolling down through all of my titles.
Old 06-08-19, 11:11 PM

Okay. That is super weird. Don't know what to make of this or if it's worth it to try to reach out to Customer Service over this issue. Thank you for checking.
Old 06-08-19, 11:16 PM
Banned by request

No problem. Also, you may want to check another browser and see if you’re experiencing the same issue across the board. If so, then definitely contact customer service.
Old 06-09-19, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

By the way the reason my issue was 33 missing movies and not over 80 was because there were titles that I had redeemed or procured via iTunes as well as UV prior to MA launch.

Also when MA had inadvertantly gave us all HD copies of titles and then withdrew them I had a help ticket into MA about another issues semi related to that mix up. To fix the issue MA gave me a 2 time exception and upgraded all my SD movies to HD. In essence inserting the movies into my MA account.

So when UV via VUDU sent MA over 80 refunds, I only lost 33 movies. There are some reports in VUDU'S forum of people losing 100 or more from MA via this glitch and as well also some titles being downgraded in video quality or removed from VUDU as well.

The pending demise of UV has the potential to really screw up our collections. The silver lining of this recent (if you call 2 months ago and still an issue recent) glitch is it happened while UV is still active allowing them to pursue a solution (if they actually are and not just saying they are).

Old 06-09-19, 01:06 PM
Banned by request

I wish I felt bad for those who thought the digital future would be 100%. There will always be issues like this on one level or another.
Old 06-09-19, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Most of my collection is still physical. I have always wondered when everything is in the cloud what happens if the cloud goes away....
Old 07-31-19, 10:40 PM
Banned by request

For those who use the MA app, it looks like some of the 4K movies are starting to add Dolby Vision/Atmos. Although currently there’s only Endgame, Detective Pikachu, Alita, Aquaman, and Miss Bala.
Old 09-01-19, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

So Shaun of the Dead can be bought in 4k on FandangoNow, but for some reason the highest available resolution for it on Vudu is only HD. Say I buy the max resolution on FN, it'll only port over via MA to Vudu in HD. However, if Vudu ever offers the movie for purchase in 4k, will it automatically upgrade my copy on that service?
Old 09-01-19, 11:41 AM
Banned by request

It’s an MA title, so it’ll port at whatever resolution you purchase it for.
Old 09-04-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Peanuts Holiday Specials are now MA.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
Charlie Brown Christmas
Old 09-07-19, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Peanuts Holiday Specials are now MA.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
Charlie Brown Christmas
Unfortunately as I expected, they’ve been newly released as movies so it doesn’t count that I previously purchased Great Pumpkin as a TV title. Oh well.

In addition to the BD three-pack, though, I have CB Christmas as a stand-alone BD. I should try to D2D that now that it’s considered a movie.
Old 09-08-19, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777

Unfortunately as I expected, they’ve been newly released as movies so it doesn’t count that I previously purchased Great Pumpkin as a TV title. Oh well.

In addition to the BD three-pack, though, I have CB Christmas as a stand-alone BD. I should try to D2D that now that it’s considered a movie.
If you own it on VUDU check which version you own. If it is labeled MA, it should be transferring. I realize though that if iTunes classifies these as TV they will not import but they should for the other MA providers.
Old 09-27-19, 08:43 AM

So the site asked me to renew my licenses with Vudu, Amazon and Apple so I wouldn’t get an interruption of service or something like that. I did it. Now my Recently Added list is all messed up with almost 200 older purchases re-added back to the top of the list, in alphabetical order. No new movies added, just the order screwed up.
Old 09-27-19, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
So the site asked me to renew my licenses with Vudu, Amazon and Apple so I wouldn’t get an interruption of service or something like that. I did it. Now my Recently Added list is all messed up with almost 200 older purchases re-added back to the top of the list, in alphabetical order. No new movies added, just the order screwed up.
I had the same thing yesterday and I am now missing over 300 films I had in VUDU and MA, I have a ticket out with VUDU, since it seems my UV somehow was unlinked in the process. My order is also messed up as well as I had just added the 3 Taken films and they aren't showing up as newest purchases either.
Old 09-27-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Yup, same thing happened to me. My recently added list is also all messed up with all older movies bumped up.
Old 09-27-19, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

So the obvious question is whether I really do need to “update” my account. I’d hate to have Ramona and Beezus showing up at the top, but it’d be worse to actually lose stuff.

Originally Posted by b2net
If you own it on VUDU check which version you own. If it is labeled MA, it should be transferring. I realize though that if iTunes classifies these as TV they will not import but they should for the other MA providers.
Unfortunately I have it on Xbox, definitely categorized as a TV show rather than the new MA movie version.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.