Last edit by: Trevor
Deleted unrelated wiki from a different thread
Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 10:02 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Movies Anywhere has a sweepstakes for a 4K TV and a bunch of other cool 4K stuff.

https://moviesanywhere.com/4ksweeps
Old 12-21-18, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Meathead
Same success with MA chat. They gave me the extended cut of Stripes so it now shows up on iTunes. As DJariya said... thanks for the suggestion!
I just did this as well. I wonder if there are any "Extended Cuts" which can be scored in MA, due to the way iTunes does things. I saw about Breaking In and Tooth or Dare, but I already have the Unrated versions of those in MA. I don't care that much about getting Theatrical added... I don't want to open too many chat sessions with them, and become the boy who called wolf... I'll save it for the ones I really want...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-21-18 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-19-19, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

I tried to redeem a Lionsgate code for Robin Hood at Movies Anywhere by mistake. They told me that I had the wrong site to redeem the code and directed my to the Lionsgate site instead, where they asked me where I would like to redeem my code. I just selected VUDU and got my digital copy without re-entering the code. Pretty spiffy integration between rival sites I thought. Maybe a merger is coming sooner than we thought?
Old 02-19-19, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I tried to redeem a Lionsgate code for Robin Hood at Movies Anywhere by mistake. They told me that I had the wrong site to redeem the code and directed my to the Lionsgate site instead, where they asked me where I would like to redeem my code. I just selected VUDU and got my digital copy without re-entering the code. Pretty spiffy integration between rival sites I thought. Maybe a merger is coming sooner than we thought?
Even if it's not sign of a merger, it's good company policy to help out the customer as much as you can. If you know that no matter what type of code you have, if you try it at MA first you won't have to enter it again, then MA is going to be your first stop for every code, which is just good for them.
Old 02-26-19, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I bet it was to preempt users from asking customer service to "fix" the code.
Old 02-27-19, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last week I had 189 movies in Movies Anywhere, same as my VUDU. Today I have 51 in MA, all of them Disney titles. This happen to anyone else?
Old 02-27-19, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Whiskey Warfield
Last week I had 189 movies in Movies Anywhere, same as my VUDU. Today I have 51 in MA, all of them Disney titles. This happen to anyone else?
Nope. And the numbers would only match if you had ZERO movies in VUDU from Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM or any other studio besides Sony, Disney, Fox or Universal. Seems pretty unlikely.
Go ahead and try to reconnect to your VUDU (and Apple, Amazon, etc) account here :
https://moviesanywhere.com/settings/connect
Old 02-27-19, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskey Warfield
Do you have a filter turned on just for Disney?
Old 04-06-19, 12:47 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

According to Zu Nim, Movies Anywhere will be adding Verizon to it's list of retailers.
Old 04-12-19, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Double check your MA Library. Recently 4/5 and 4/12, VUDU sent a total of 85 "refund" requests to MA from my titles. Of the 85, 53 had duplicate licenses so those stayed in my MA library. But 32 titles left my MA library which also removed those titles from all MA linked providers.

After round and round with VUDU support, MA support, back to VUDU, back to MA, etc.

I've received a flurry of excuses and blame (WB did it, Sony did it, etc - it's MA fault - it's the studio fault etc). VUDU even told me via email that I was "confused". VUDU via email and on the phone told me I had to link WB and Sony to MA. I had to inform them that neither of those link to MA. Ugh.

One VUDU email response told me the titles were not MA compatible and I needed to check for the MA logo. I had to tell them with pictures from their website these were in fact MA and had previously been in my MA library.

Now VUDU is instructing me to contact UV support. I will contact Ultraviolet support yet I suspect Ultraviolet will not care about an issue between VUDU and MA.

Stay tuned.
Old 04-12-19, 09:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

What? Which movies are being affected by this?
Old 04-13-19, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I know many people that don't trust the digital services - they keep spreadsheets of every digital movie they own in UV and MA.
Old 04-13-19, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I know many people that don't trust the digital services - they keep spreadsheets of every digital movie they own in UV and MA.
I have a spreadsheet. Seems the issue not any particular titles. It is for any title that passed through VUDU to MA from UV. For instance if you had titles redeemed at Sony that passed to VUDU from UV and then to MA from VUDU.

I had 19 of these on 4/5 which resulted in 1 lost title. Those transactions showed up on MA until yesterday (4/12). Then on 4/12 there were 66 transactions resulting in 33 missing.

Check your MA Transaction History for any dates there is a VUDU transaction that you did not actually do any transactions with any retailer. Then check to see if any of those titles are missing.

As much as I like digital, this is making digital ownership concerning at best.
Old 04-20-19, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I just noticed I had never redeemed the UV code for The Dark Knight Rises, which said to redeem by 2014. Sure, not the greatest movie, but not a bad thing to have for free, right (no Nolan jokes, please)? Sure enough, it worked fine!

i wonder how long Paramount and Lionsgate etc. will hold out. I do 95% of my viewing on Vudu, so when I’m shopping sales on other services, I’m pretty much locked in to buying MA-eligible titles.
Old 05-28-19, 09:17 AM
Banned by request

FYI, I just got an email from Sony advising me of UV shutting down. Email states,

"
Dear ULTRA Customer:As we informed you in April, ULTRA has removed the NEW ACCOUNT SIGN-UP, PURCHASE, and REDEEM functions from its TV and Windows Apps, effective April 18, 2019.
ULTRA will maintain EXISTING ACCOUNT SIGN-IN and PLAYBACK functions until July 26, 2019.
The good news is that you will be able to maintain access to the 4K Ultra HD movie content you purchased or redeemed on ULTRA on Movies Anywhere!
Please note: Only movies that were available for direct purchase on the Android and Windows ULTRA apps will be part of this Movies Anywhere code transition.
For reference, here is a list of your eligible ULTRA movies:Inferno (2016)
Passengers (2016)
The Angry Birds Movie
Angels & Demons
The Da Vinci Code
For your eligible ULTRA movies, copy the below code and redeem on moviesanywhere.com before July 26, 2019 to maintain access to your movies after ULTRA shuts down."

It came with a redeemable code that upgraded all of these to UHD on Movies Anywhere.
Old 06-08-19, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone noticed movies have suddenly disappeared from their account? I'm not sure what or when it happened, but I appear to be missing around 50 or so movies and TV shows.
Old 06-08-19, 09:39 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

have you ID'd any titles in particular?
Old 06-08-19, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, all of my seasons of Game of Thrones, multiple Disney movies, King Kong, John Wick, etc. It's really odd and I have no idea what caused it.
Old 06-08-19, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Has anyone noticed movies have suddenly disappeared from their account? I'm not sure what or when it happened, but I appear to be missing around 50 or so movies and TV shows.
TV shows don’t port to MA.
Old 06-08-19, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, all of my seasons of Game of Thrones, multiple Disney movies, King Kong, John Wick, etc. It's really odd and I have no idea what caused it.
GOT doesn’t port. John Wick is from Lionsgate, not a participant.
Old 06-08-19, 10:05 AM

There should be no TV shows ever listed in Movies Anywhere.

I only show the most recent 100 movies in my Fandango Now library though.
Old 06-08-19, 10:21 AM
Banned by request

They were never there to begin with if you’re referring to MA. They don’t support TV shows - yet.
Old 06-08-19, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There was an issue with UV that inadvertantly triggered VUDU to send refund requests to MA. I lost 33 movies in MA. The titles showed in UV and VUDU but were removed from MA.

​​​​​I spent countless hours on this issue with emails and phone calls to VUDU and MA. UV support basically ignored me until I kept continually forwarding the same request over and over. MA identified they received refund requests from VUDU so it was not their issue. VUDU told me verbally to connect MA to the studios which is not possible. VUDU also told me it wasn't their problem as they received the removals from UV. I went round and round and round since April 8.

Turns out UV is removing duplicate licenses from our libraries. This in turn sends a removal request to VUDU and FandangoNOW. Due to still having at least 1 active UV licenses the movies are not removed from VUDU or FN. BUT this triggers VUDU to send a refund request to MA.

I have had nothing fixed by UV, VUDU, or MA since the issue first occurred in April 5. It happened again April 12 and a couple times in May. These show up as transactions in MA transaction history. Comparing that to titles missing in MA identifies titles removed from MA. I had no hope anyone would fix this issue for me after the poor responses from UV and VUDU. MA was very attentive but couldn't do anything as they were responding to system generated refunds from VUDU.

While being assured by MA that VUDU and UV are working to fix the issue, VUDU basically told me that since the original licenses for these titles originated from other providers it is not their problem and they have no obligation to correct the issues they are causing with MA. I told them I am done with VUDU which didn't seem to bother them at all. I have since only redeemed 1 title with them (TV title and they are only provider) and bought nothing even if they have a great sale. To me they were part of stealing 33 of my titles and showed no remorse or sympathy in the situation. I've redeemed all codes via FN or MA.

Taking their stupid "link to Sony and WB directly" advice loosely, I reached out directly to WB, Universal, and Sony petitioning my case that I have titles I redeemed via their services that are in UV and VUDU yet removed from MA. Via multiple exchanges they all sent me replacement codes for my titles (except 1). WB and Universal sent replacement codes which I redeemed via FN or MA directly. Sony first removed all titles from UV before sending replay codes. I am still missing 1 Sony title in MA and have no confidence any of this will be sorted out by July. At least I am not still missing 33 titles.

Inventory your collection and staying top of it like a hawk. Any time something comes up missing speak you right away. Do not give up and contact all associated companies for help. Otherwise in his new digital landscape you have great potential to lose the items to which you've paid.
Old 06-08-19, 10:26 AM
Banned by request

Inventory and keep track of over 2500 digital movies and TV? Fuck that noise. That’s the gamble with using digital I guess.
Old 06-08-19, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by E Unit
Inventory and keep track of over 2500 digital movies and TV? Fuck that noise. That’s the gamble with using digital I guess.
I get it is a huge task.

Fortunately I started right after CinemaNOW went away. Whenever I purchase or redeem a title I add it to my spreadsheet and also check all connected services have it available to me. This way it is an as I go proposition. At first it was a big challenge getting the list up to date and has taken diligence to enter titles soon after procurement. Depite the work it has really helped me keep track when this type crap happens.

You can export Library playlist in iTunes to get started.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.