Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-18, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
I bought the 4K BD’s for Coco and Thor. According to reviews, if I redeem directly in VUDU, I’ll get the UHD versions (can anyone confirm?). It should also port to MA right? I prefer iTunes so I’d typically redeem directly in MA but if I can get the UHD in VUDU and still have to port to iTunes via MA I’d go that route.
Redeem in Vudu OR MA, both will give 4K.
Old 03-06-18, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sure? I only ask because Guardians 2 and Pirates didn’t redeem UHD on VUDU when I redeemed in MA.
Old 03-06-18, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
For sure? I only ask because Guardians 2 and Pirates didn’t redeem UHD on VUDU when I redeemed in MA.
Guardians 2 did at one time. It stopped with the transition to MA. Pirates does not redeem 4K. I can confirm Coco 4K redeems UHD in MoviesAnywhere, and from what I'm reading, Thor does as well.
Old 03-06-18, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Guardians 2 did at one time. It stopped with the transition to MA. Pirates does not redeem 4K. I can confirm Coco 4K redeems UHD in MoviesAnywhere, and from what I'm reading, Thor does as well.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 03-06-18, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Thor does redeem in 4K.
Old 03-06-18, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

For Coco and Thor: Ragnarok, you can redeem the code from a UHD Blu-ray on either Vudu or the Movies Anywhere site, and you will get it in UHD on Vudu.

I redeeemed UHD Coco on the MA site, and Vudu ported it in UHD.

This sheet keeps track of 4K UHD redemptions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mh4/edit#gid=0
Old 03-06-18, 09:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Outstanding, thanks for confirming.
Old 03-11-18, 06:13 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

According to Zu Nim, Fandango Now will be joining Movies Anywhere on Tuesday (3/13).

https://plus.google.com/115014047348...ts/3fnuiQaC9u8

Last edited by TheBigDave; 03-11-18 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-12-18, 07:18 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

The original Murder on the Orient Express (1974) isn’t MA or UV so if I bought on Amazon, it won’t port to Vudu, correct?
Old 03-12-18, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
The original Murder on the Orient Express (1974) isn’t MA or UV so if I bought on Amazon, it won’t port to Vudu, correct?
It's a Paramount film. Since Paramount isn't part of MA (at least not yet), it won't port.
Also you don't get UV rights with any purchase made at Amazon Prime Video since they aren't a UV provider (but that movie isn't UV on VUDU anyways - most Paramount titles are)
Old 03-12-18, 08:38 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

It's official:

Old 03-12-18, 10:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep. Though one thing I think I've noticed is that, unlike with vudu, movies that I have on FN through UV rights from elsewhere (Flixster, I think?) don't go to Movies Anywhere (at least, I've noticed an instance or two of that - most of the ones I have from elsewhere went into MA through vudu, but this was where Vudu didn't get the movie through UV).

Also, I've noticed that FN has gotten a lot more movies recently.
Old 03-12-18, 10:47 PM

Alright, I'm buying The Killers now.
Old 03-13-18, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

FandangoNOW has removed the UV logo from everything including TV shows. I wonder if this actually means they've pulled out of UV or if they just removed the logo on their site or if it is an oversight during the MA FN launch.
Old 03-13-18, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
FandangoNOW has removed the UV logo from everything including TV shows. I wonder if this actually means they've pulled out of UV or if they just removed the logo on their site or if it is an oversight during the MA FN launch.
No they haven't - movies that were UV and aren't MA still have the UV logo (take a look, for example, at Ragtime, Lady in a Cage or Star Trek VI).

It's only movies that would be both UV and MA that no longer have the UV logo.

(And, with regard to TV shows, I never could see the UV logo for UV enabled shows.)
Old 03-13-18, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, my library at Fandango is now a mess thanks to Movies Anywhere. It was nice and neat before, now it's unorganized (I have two copies of lots of movies) and hard to look at. You think they could have organized it a bit.

This does beg the question though, when will TV shows to jump on board?...Movies Anywhere has completely neglected this in their approach. If anything was really to benefit from the "digital era", it would be tv shows. I keep all of my shows to Vudu for the most part but to make my point, yesterday Vudu went down for a few hours (at least on my machine). If things were set up correctly, I could just log into Amazon or Fandango and keep watching say an episode of Big Bang Theory. Right now, I don't have that luxury and I don't like depending on Vudu for every little thing.
Old 03-13-18, 09:07 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I never use the interface since it sucks sp badly. But I did link up FN with MA, and so far it looks like everything looks okay. Just about all of the UHD movies I have posted over as UHD into FN, along with the extras.

Speaking of extras, apparently if you purchase Last Jedi on iTunes, an iTunes exclusive extra is a music only track - for those who are into that.
Old 03-13-18, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Well, my library at Fandango is now a mess thanks to Movies Anywhere. It was nice and neat before, now it's unorganized (I have two copies of lots of movies) and hard to look at. You think they could have organized it a bit.

This does beg the question though, when will TV shows to jump on board?...Movies Anywhere has completely neglected this in their approach. If anything was really to benefit from the "digital era", it would be tv shows. I keep all of my shows to Vudu for the most part but to make my point, yesterday Vudu went down for a few hours (at least on my machine). If things were set up correctly, I could just log into Amazon or Fandango and keep watching say an episode of Big Bang Theory. Right now, I don't have that luxury and I don't like depending on Vudu for every little thing.
There was a video some time back of a Q&A with one of Movie Anywhere's representatives where the possibility of TV Shows was mentioned, so hopefully they will add it at some point. Though I could understand them focusing on trying to make sure movies are smoothed out first (and maybe trying to convince the studio holdouts to join).
Old 03-13-18, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

The only film that did not transfer over to MA from Fandango is Alexander the final cut. It's still showing as UV only within Fandango's interface. What a pain. Glad to see that Clockers and Lawrence of Arabia transferred over into MA and VUDU, too.
Old 03-13-18, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

I had exactly one movie in Fandango Now, and I already had that one in Vudu too. I guess I have more movies in Fandango now, but I'm not ever going to watch anything from there, so for now, this addition does nothing for me, though I guess in the future I can take advantages of deals in Fandango knowing that they will transfer
Old 03-13-18, 11:46 AM

Well, since linking it, The Killers now shows up on MA but besides that I don't see any difference. Everything else I ever bought at FN (and it's a lot) was already on VUDU through UV.

edit : Actually Steven Merchant Live and an Idris Elba movie called The Take have also transferred over. Yay?
Old 03-13-18, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

They're really pimping that new Ghostbusters movie, arent they. I know that I got it for free for linking some of my other accounts in Movies Anywhere.
Old 03-13-18, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
This does beg the question though, when will TV shows to jump on board?...Movies Anywhere has completely neglected this in their approach...
I think the issue is indicated by their name: Movies Anywhere.

Disney was never focused on providing digital copies of its shows, and when MA launched in October, they were likely more focused on getting the new studios onboard and syncing with various retailers than rebuilding the underlying architecture to accommodate TV shows.

It's possible that they're working on it, but it would require another rebranding of the service.
Old 03-13-18, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Defiant
No they haven't - movies that were UV and aren't MA still have the UV logo (take a look, for example, at Ragtime, Lady in a Cage or Star Trek VI).

It's only movies that would be both UV and MA that no longer have the UV logo.

(And, with regard to TV shows, I never could see the UV logo for UV enabled shows.)
Interesting. What you've explained wasn't what I was seeing when I first looked. I will have to look again.

As far as TV shows, I saw the UV logo on Community and Big Bang Theory prior to FN connecting with MA and now see no UV icons. I do see UV icons for the movies you mentioned.

Now the big question is whether or not the titles that should be UV and MA are still both with only the MA logo shown or if they are indeed just MA from FN now. (Which I will find out tomorrow when I buy Dad from FN which was listed UV on FN and UV/MA on VUDU and is now just MA on FN).

Last edited by b2net; 03-13-18 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-13-18, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Reading reports on other forums that titles owned in a lower res on any other MA provider that are owned in a higher res at FandangoNOW are dropping to the lower res on FN.

For example if you own UHD at FN but HDX at VUDU your FN will drop to HD or same if you own HD at FN and SD at VUDU it drops to the res at MA not what was in the FN account prior.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.