Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-17, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Okay, thanks I primarily use VUDU for digital copies, and it connects with Ultraviolet, and flixster. I do have a few movies on iTunes so if this connects everything all in one place I might try it.
Not any more.
Old 10-17-17, 11:23 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Okay, thanks I primarily use VUDU for digital copies, and it connects with Ultraviolet, and flixster. I do have a few movies on iTunes so if this connects everything all in one place I might try it.
not only does it connect in one place, but some migrate to your Vudu account if it's all set up as such. mine did...
Old 10-17-17, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Yeah, you're thinking of UV, which shares titles with Vudu and... well, not much else anymore. Disney Movies Anywhere did share with Vudu, Amazon, iTunes, etc. So this is worth doing if you have any purchases on other services.

I watch on my TV on VG console apps, and there isn't one for Movies Anywhere, but I can just watch on the Vudu or Amazon apps.
Old 10-17-17, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

It definitely seems confusing try to keep everything straight and where you had movies, what has transferred over, if you share your library with someone else, if all their stuff shows up.
Old 10-17-17, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

TheBigDave, maybe this thread should have a wiki?

One thing I don't think has been clearly stated or for awhile if people are just finding this thread, is that "Disney" Movies Anywhere (DMA) is going away. And, if you haven't yet, you should sign up for Movies Anywhere (MA) and import your DMA, especially if you've never linked any retailers to your DMA (you can no longer link retailers at DMA).
You can no longer redeem digital codes on DMA. You have to go to MA to get the movie (it looks like redeemdigitalmovie.com still works too), then go to Disney Movie "Rewards" (DMR) to get your points. Also, note that you can no longer get DMR points when buying a Disney digital movie at one of the linked retailers.

https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/de...__SUPPORT.html
Old 10-17-17, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Do you have to redeem the codes twice to get the points and the digital movies, or can you still redeem them directly at DMR and unlock both? I've never redeemed anything at DMA. Redeeming the code at DMR unlocks the points and the digital copy in DMA.
Old 10-17-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe that you'd have to do them separately
Old 10-17-17, 01:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Do you have to redeem the codes twice to get the points and the digital movies, or can you still redeem them directly at DMR and unlock both? I've never redeemed anything at DMA. Redeeming the code at DMR unlocks the points and the digital copy in DMA.
Disney points have been phased out, as well as the Disney Movies Anywhere site. It just goes to MA now.
Old 10-17-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

The DMR site still exists, and there is nothing there about it being phased out. They may neglect to tell you that you get DMR points with some titles (especially Marvel and Star Wars titles), but you still get the points if you redeem the codes there, and redeeming it there automatically unlocks the title in DMA. If DMA is being replaced with MA, but MA is still owned by Disney, I would hope that redeeming your code at DMR still unlocks the title at MA, though I'm aware that's not a given, thus the question.
Old 10-17-17, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, in order to get the movie now, you have to redeem separately AFAIK.

Originally Posted by E Unit
Disney points have been phased out, as well as the Disney Movies Anywhere site. It just goes to MA now.
There has been no indication Disney Movie Rewards is closing, you can still redeem points there. Disney Movie Rewards is separate website than Disney Movies Anywhere.

They even have a puzzle going on in October on the DMR Facebook page, at the end you have to unscramble the letters and that will be a code for points.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdisneymovierewards%2Fvideos%2F10154735957321 852%2F%3Fcomment_id%3D10154742020871852%26reply_comment_id%3D10154744086296852&include_parent=false" width="560" height="141" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Old 10-17-17, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Baby Driver iTunes Exclusive Extras

The best part about Movies Anywhere is that now I don't have to buy directly from iTunes to get the iTunes Exclusive Extras. Now I can just enter my UV code and if I've connected and synced my iTunes account with Movies Anywhere -- I then have access to the iTunes Exclusive Extras. That's the best part about Movies Anywhere.

I also can now just download all of my UV films in iTunes, so I can delete Vudu (and for others, Flixter) from my devices. Movies Anywhere also made it possible to download 1080p versions of films that I had previously downloaded, such as Up.

It is a little disappointing that out of the 4000 or so DVDs and blu-rays that I have, only 18 came with digital copies.

For those that have expired codes, try them now. I added The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night through the MA site -- which just a couple of weeks ago had shown as expired.
Old 10-17-17, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts

How long is the 5 free movies promotion going on? One of those movies listed is Ghostbusters (2016), and I refuse to have it in any movie collection I have even if its free.
Old 10-17-17, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Let's not have a Ghostbusters debate here.
Old 10-17-17, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Giving away copies of a movie isn’t going to magically make it a hit.
Old 10-17-17, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

You can delete it, go ahead and connect.
Old 10-18-17, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

If DMA is being replaced with MA, but MA is still owned by Disney, I would hope that redeeming your code at DMR still unlocks the title at MA, though I'm aware that's not a given, thus the question.
It does not. You must now redeem points at DMR and digital copy separately. There is no longer any link between DMR and MA.
Old 10-18-17, 12:26 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
There is no longer any link between DMR and MA.
That really sucks. You no longer get DMR points when you buy Disney movies from a streaming service.

Back when DMA/DMR were connected, you'd get 150 points for purchasing a movie.
Old 10-18-17, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

That separation is good for me since I can trade the digital copy codes- before if I wanted the points I had to redeem the digital copy at the same time.
Old 10-18-17, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
As I mentioned in the Kinda All Streaming Deals thread, it appears that (at least for me) MA-eligible UV purchases made at Fandango Now after linking Vudu to MA will transfer to VUDU but will not appear in Movies Anywhere. I wanted to check if unlinking and re-linking my VUDU account might make it show up there, but I first wanted to make sure there's no problem with unlinking and re-linking to the same VUDU account. There's no problem with doing that, is there?
(short answer: I confirmed FandangoNow UV movies port to MA)
I didn't see if anyone replied to this, but I want to confirm I redeemed the Bestbuy 4k Homecoming code at FandangoNow yesterday. The UV went to myuv & Vudu, and that was it.
This morning looking around, and saw someone suggest this, and I unlinked my Vudu UV (I did FandangoNow too, but I don't see how that has anything to do with it) and about 10 minutes later I had Homecoming at MA, Amazon, GP, and iTunes. For whatever reason, it still hasn't shown at the top of My Movies in MA, but if I search for it in MA, I have the Play button and Extras. I guess it's one of those "purchase date" issues where its out of order.
If I go to the Roku MA app and sort by release date, it's at the top.

Edit: Yep, just checked my iTunes library and purchase date is 1/1/1970.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 10-18-17 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-18-17, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I like the idea of the movies anywhere service, but there is no Playstation 3 app so I can't use it.
Old 10-18-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well I like the idea of the movies anywhere service, but there is no Playstation 3 app so I can't use it.
If you have a Vudu or Amazon account, you can link those to MA and watch on the PS3 through those apps. That's what I do.
Old 10-18-17, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got signed up, but I don't want any of the freebie movies in my account except for the Lego Movie, can you delete them? I would like to know how, and I sent a question to support asking about it. Ghostbusters 2016 must be removed from my account.
Old 10-18-17, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Talked to a couple coworkers, and one got the new Pirates movie free and one got Machete free (in addition to the five I received).
Old 10-18-17, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Talked to a couple coworkers, and one got the new Pirates movie free and one got Machete free (in addition to the five I received).
Interesting...
Old 10-18-17, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got signed up, but I don't want any of the freebie movies in my account except for the Lego Movie, can you delete them? I would like to know how, and I sent a question to support asking about it. Ghostbusters 2016 must be removed from my account.
In Amazon Video (website) > Your Video Library >Movies, under each movie is a delete link. But I suspect it only deletes it from Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.