Deleted unrelated wiki from a different thread
Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Old 10-12-17, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Question...so where does this leave Television related items? Still F'ed up to the wolves? You want to pick a place where all of these "services" have dropped the ball, it's television. I mean, I will only buy/redeem tv through Vudu (except for a cheapie/freebie here and there) but if this is the future (MoviesAnywhere), it would be nice if it could get spread between a couple of places.
There has been leaks over the past week about Movies Anywhere, and I do think some TV titles were being coded for it, but can't remember specifics.

I'll try to find a list

Edit: I saw a few episodes of Walt Disney Presents listed, however I do not know if they consider that as a television show per se. Anyway, this is the list of titles: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1408869864

Last edited by JoeyOhhhh; 10-12-17 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added list and cleared up some bad information
Old 10-12-17, 01:43 PM
Political Exile

Received 474 Likes on 315 Posts

My movies finally showed up on Vudu after a couple hours. It's strange seeing some of my Amazon digital copies showing up on Vudu now, mostly junk I got for free over the years.
Old 10-12-17, 01:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
My movies finally showed up on Vudu after a couple hours. It's strange seeing some of my Amazon digital copies showing up on Vudu now, mostly junk I got for free over the years.
Oh okay...it just takes time. Welp, considering my library is pretty huge in VUDU (500+), I guess it's to be expected.

EDIT: And there it is....whooopee de whoop!

2nd EDIT: It is so weird seeing all of my VUDU stuff in Amazon, but I like it

Last edited by Kedrix; 10-12-17 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-12-17, 01:52 PM
Political Exile

Received 474 Likes on 315 Posts

I haven't linked my Google Play account, that will also seem weird to see the free junk I've gotten there over the years getting ported into Vudu and Movies Anywhere.
Old 10-12-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

I keep getting a server error when I try to link my Disney Movies Anywhere account.
Old 10-12-17, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I keep getting a server error when I try to link my Disney Movies Anywhere account.
Just wait a minute and re-try...and keep doing so. It took me a few tries for me too.
Old 10-12-17, 02:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Not impressed with the layout on the Roku when playing a movie. Also, I turned on the english subs and nothing comes on. I’m guessing we’ll be seeing many changes over the next few months. And they really need a search function when scrolling down the movie list.
Old 10-12-17, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit
Not impressed with the layout on the Roku when playing a movie. Also, I turned on the english subs and nothing comes on. I’m guessing we’ll be seeing many changes over the next few months. And they really need a search function when scrolling down the movie list.
I need my subs, I have a toddler who likes to talk over everything for pete's sake.

And no freaking kidding on the sorting, or just steal the way VUDU does it...that would at least be a start.

And...maybe I'm wishing upon a star, but could we get a "Create Folder" option (and then drag and drop as needed)? Would it be that difficult? I'm an organized person by nature when it comes to most things I consider a hobby and the whole thing of show everything and the kitchen sink gets old.

I'm sure lots of us with big libraries have this issue but when stuff gets "old" so to speak, it gets lost (in our minds). When I want to watch something (and I'm not looking for something specific) if it's at the bottom of the filter, I never make it. It's even worse if other people are waiting for me to pick a movie. If I had a "Create Folder", I could make categories that help me and be able to find things much easier (at least for me). Maybe it makes too much sense.
Old 10-12-17, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

I'm excited to try this out. I was never able to share my UV collection with my mother or father -- for whatever reason, it never worked. Hopefully I can do that now, along with my in-laws
Old 10-12-17, 03:15 PM

Okay I see how I can create sub-accounts for my folks but I don't see how I can tell them about it or how they can log in besides through my account. What am I missing here?
Old 10-12-17, 03:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

I haven't merged any accounts yet, but hope we eventually get some way to organize or archive titles, especially once they add TV. I have hundreds of free pilot episodes and featurettes cluttering up my various digital libraries, and one usually can't tell if you own full seasons or just a single trailer or whatever without digging in and checking.
Old 10-12-17, 03:24 PM
Banned by request

One thing I like about their listings is if you bought any bundles on Vudu, they’re listed separately on MA. So that’s nice.
Old 10-12-17, 04:02 PM
Premium Member

Received 666 Likes on 448 Posts

Has anyone found the iOS app yet?
Old 10-12-17, 04:06 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

The 5 free movies would've been awesome if I hadn't already owned digital versions of them. Oh well.

Cool service, I guess, for the people with mixed libraries.
Old 10-12-17, 04:18 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by The Cow
Has anyone found the iOS app yet?
Yep, I have it. Just look for Movies Anywhere and start scrolling down and you should see it.
Old 10-12-17, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
One thing I like about their listings is if you bought any bundles on Vudu, they’re listed separately on MA. So that’s nice.
Xbox does that too--you can't tell a bundle ever existed by looking at your collection.

Too bad MA doesn't also combine the best features of every service.
Old 10-12-17, 05:01 PM

Asking again, rephrasing : What exactly are the sub-accounts? Why have them if they don't have their own log-in and passwords? OR do they?
Old 10-12-17, 05:07 PM
Banned by request

Interesting clicking on some D2D catalogs that now are now showing up with extras. The Lost Boys has about 5 featurrettes. Lots of others have some as well.
Old 10-12-17, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 861 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I was getting a you can't merge that account. Signed out/in and the option to merge DMA was no longer there, so I think it is good now.

So far I like the iOS MA app version the most (compared to Roku and website). You can sort your collection, and you can search. Also if you go under Transactions you can see where the movie came from. And, Chromecast.

It looks like some of my old iTunes movies upgraded from SD to HD, but not all.
Some vudu movies that went to iTunes have Extras on iTunes, but I can't get them to play in iTunes on PC or via iPhone/iPad.

Also, I had a problem linking iTunes on a PC using Google Chrome and iTunes. But it worked instantly in the iOS app.
Old 10-12-17, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Most SD titles in iTunes moved to VUDU as HD. None of my SD titles from UV upgraded in iTunes. Haven't looked to see if they appear HD in MA.

(My SD titles we're from CinemaNow or Target Ticket freebies - not sure if that covers all my UV SD freebies)
Old 10-12-17, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And I just now got around to redeeming my Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 UHD code. It wouldn't redeem on MA. Prompted me to redeem on VUDU. Came in HD. I called and they told me if it was still "Disney" Movies Anywhere they could have pushed the UHD but now they can't. I would have had to redeem it by 10/9 and today is 10/12 so no go. They did say they will take it as a note and maybe in the future they might be able to upgrade it to UHD but not promised.

Last edited by b2net; 10-12-17 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-12-17, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just set my account up about an hour and a half ago - how long did it take for most of you to see your Vudu titles appear on the service? All that is there is my DMA titles and the '5 free' titles.

Hoping I didn't do something wrong and it just takes time.
Old 10-12-17, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
And I just now got around to redeeming my Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 UHD code. It wouldn't redeem on MA. Prompted me to redeem on VUDU. Came in HD. I called and they told me if it was still "Disney" Movies Anywhere they could have pushed the UHD but now they can't. I would have had to redeem it by 10/9 and today is 10/12 so no go. They did say they will take it as a note and maybe in the future they might be able to upgrade it to UHD but not promised.
They're full of crap. I redeemed my UHD code on DMA on the date of release and didn't get a UHD digital copy. Others didn't either.

Edit : In fact, I don't have that movie in my Movies Anywhere account at all.
Old 10-12-17, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by llandros
I just set my account up about an hour and a half ago - how long did it take for most of you to see your Vudu titles appear on the service? All that is there is my DMA titles and the '5 free' titles.

Hoping I didn't do something wrong and it just takes time.
The FAQ said it could take up to an hour...
Old 10-12-17, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 861 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Most SD titles in iTunes moved to VUDU as HD. None of my SD titles from UV upgraded in iTunes. Haven't looked to see if they appear HD in MA.

(My SD titles we're from CinemaNow or Target Ticket freebies - not sure if that covers all my UV SD freebies)
Adaptation is the only one I can find right now that ported, and stayed SD.

It's weird too that ones that did port from iTunes SD to Vudu HD, stayed SD in iTunes. But, I'm glad I got the Back to the Future & Jurassic Park trilogies in HD now.

They have a red banner under the MA Help Section saying that movies could take 1 hr to port.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.