DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Deleted unrelated wiki from a different thread
Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Old 11-21-17, 05:23 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Huh, you're right, it looks like movies that came in through MA (via Vudu) are no longer in my UV library. It looks like they're still in my FandangoNow library, though (well, to the extent that they did carry through to Fandango, which has sometimes been hit or miss)
Old 11-22-17, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I didn't realize we could filter by retailer. That is a great feature.

Other features I find superior on myUV are
1- whether the title is supposed to be SD, HD, or UHD
2- when a title was obtained
3- filter by movies vs TV (This helps to see movie titles only)
4- filter by genre (might be useful)
5- filter by rating (not sure I'd use that)

I wish MA had all these features as well.
All my previous comments + This

6- D2D (and M2D) Disc to Digital and Mobile to Digital.
7- Filter by Studio (in the 1st sentence of my older post)

MA doesn't support either of those features unless it is a VUDU title that is both UV and MA so the UV 2D gets the MA by association.
Old 12-09-17, 11:31 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

This MA stuff is quite unique. I’m getting movies and different versions (extended, unrated) and stuff I know I never bought before all of a sudden appearing in MA and Vudu. Great stuff!
Old 12-09-17, 12:15 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Sigh.....so which movies would those be Oldboy?
Old 12-09-17, 03:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

too many to name actually...both Argo's (when i know i only had theatrical), Ghostbusters (2016, extended), Unforgettable (2017) (appeared for no apparent reason), Walk the Line (extended), others...
Old 12-09-17, 07:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
too many to name actually...both Argo's (when i know i only had theatrical), Ghostbusters (2016, extended), Unforgettable (2017) (appeared for no apparent reason), Walk the Line (extended), others...
Vudu added Semi-Pro Unrated on my movies. I only previously had the theatrical version that I got from disc to digital. I noticed it by sorting my movies by purchase time. It was at the top of the list and I did not purchase it.
Old 12-15-17, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts

So I just connected my Amazon account to movies anywhere, because I had a movie I just bought from a $7 credit I just received. The movie hasn't showed up when I have VUDU on my tv, any suggestion to get it to work?
Old 12-15-17, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts

Disconnect your Vudu account from your Movies Anywhere account, wait an hour or two and then reconnect the account. That should work.
Old 12-15-17, 09:26 PM

And I assume that the movie you wanted was a MA movie (i.e. not a Paramount or Liongate film).
Old 12-15-17, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts

It was a hallmark movie bought off of amazon, i’ll Try disconnecting vudu.
Old 12-15-17, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
It was a hallmark movie bought off of amazon, i’ll Try disconnecting vudu.
Those aren't part of Movies Anywhere. They're not movies, they're TV and no TV shows or specials are part of the program.

Rule of thumb : Search for the title at the Movies Anywhere website. If you don't see it listed, it won't be part of the program and won't transfer from one service to another.
Old 12-16-17, 11:16 AM

I asked this in the UHD thread, but figured I better cover all my bases and ask here too. Sorry for the double-post :

I was going to redeem my code from UHD/3D of Passengers.

The insert says I should redeem it at Sonypictures.com/uvredeem . I redeemed my first UHD code there (for Angry Birds) and it totally screwed me out of a UHD copy. Don't really want to do that again. Checking this wonderful database, it looks like I can get a 4K iTunes Copy and a HDX VUDU copy if I redeem it at MA instead (but won't get a UV entitlement that way). My question is : If I redeem it at VUDU first, will I get both a UV copy and the 4K iTunes version? Thanks for the help!
Old 12-16-17, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only speak on Close Encounters, which is the same Sony site. I redeemed directly in MA and got the 4K version on iTunes and HD on VUDU.
Old 12-16-17, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
I can only speak on Close Encounters, which is the same Sony site. I redeemed directly in MA and got the 4K version on iTunes and HD on VUDU.
I know that's the case for this as well. When you do it that way however, you don't get a UV copy. I know that if you redeem it to VUDU instead, you would get a UV HDX copy and an iTunes copy -- I just don't know if you would get the 4K iTunes version that way.
Old 12-16-17, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I asked this in the UHD thread, but figured I better cover all my bases and ask here too. Sorry for the double-post :

I was going to redeem my code from UHD/3D of Passengers.

The insert says I should redeem it at Sonypictures.com/uvredeem . I redeemed my first UHD code there (for Angry Birds) and it totally screwed me out of a UHD copy. Don't really want to do that again. Checking this wonderful database, it looks like I can get a 4K iTunes Copy and a HDX VUDU copy if I redeem it at MA instead (but won't get a UV entitlement that way). My question is : If I redeem it at VUDU first, will I get both a UV copy and the 4K iTunes version? Thanks for the help!
If you redeem in MA you should not get a UV copy; unfortunately you'd have to redeem at a UV vendor to get both UV and MA (assuming Vudu has title as both). As a test check in myuv.com library to see if your UV license for Angry Birds is UHD or HDX; if UHD it shoukd upgrade in Vudu/MA when/if Vudu adds a UHD copy if you keep redeeming through Sony's website. Also there are rumors Sony is adding MA connectivity.

Here are some considerations with UHD redeems:
- Redeeming at a vendor will only give you the highest quality available at that vendor (so if Vudu doesnt offer UHD then you will get only HDX. Consider checking if UHD at FandangoNow, which has a more robust UHD catalogue, and if a title is UV in both FN and Vudu it should port into you UV library library as UHD then into Vudu at highest quality available (HDX now and UHD if added later). Its possible Angry Birds is UHD in your UV collection but since Vudu only hosts at HDX that's all that is displayed.
-Vudu is the link between UV and MA so titles porting through Vudu are downgraded to Vudu's highest quality.
Old 12-16-17, 12:25 PM

^ Thanks so much! That is really helpful information. It's very confusing.

Maybe I should redeem Passengers at Sony then. Guess I will wait a while and see how it plays out.

Edit : And you're right : my UV locker indicates that I own the UHD version.

Last edited by Decker; 12-16-17 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-20-17, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

Not sure if they're just down, or another nail in the UV coffin, but not able to redeem (or check codes) at https://www.myuv.com/redeem right now.

Please check the insert that came with your disc for instructions on how to redeem the code.

You may also be able to redeem the code at your favorite UltraViolet retailer’s website.
Old 12-20-17, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just received an email from Flixster Video informing they will be closing down Feb 20.

Flixster Video is actually a better way to check our UV collection than myUV. More accurate and it actually sorts correctly. The Flixster Video customer support is still great for the most part.

The notice also mentions MA via VUDU and the other associated services.

And now you stated the myUV site is not working correctly.

Between Flixster Video and myUV not working, it seems another nail in the UV coffin which is sad as MA still has a ways to go in some areas.
Old 12-20-17, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

I heard about that but I haven't gotten it yet.

In the UK Talktalk announced they are not going to be a UV provider anymore.
From 15th January 2018 the Ultraviolet service will no longer be available on TalkTalk TV. Any films or TV shows you've already downloaded will still be available, and you'll still have the option to rent and buy new titles.
So, I'm not sure if there is anywhere else, but I don't think US people will be able to redeem UK UV codes anymore via VPN to Flixster after they shut down US operations.
Old 12-21-17, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I think UV will limp along on VUDU for legacy collections and television shows, but the writing is on the wall. Hollywood is quickly abandoning it for Movies Anywhere.
Old 12-21-17, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here is the body of the email.
Spoiler:
December 20, 2017

IMPORTANT ACCOUNT NOTICE

Dear Flixster Video U.S. Customer:

As you may already know, Flixster Video no longer supports redemption of digital codes or playback of videos in the U.S. We now must notify you that Flixster Video will be shutting down its website and discontinuing all related operations in the U.S. effective February 20, 2018.

You will still be able to watch videos in your collection and redeem your digital codes through Vudu. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to sign up or log in to your account at Vudu and to link your UltraViolet library to your Vudu account.

And now, you can also link your Vudu account to Movies Anywhere, a new service that brings together your movie library from Vudu and other major digital retailers - such as iTunes, Amazon Video and Google Play - in one place so that you can watch your movies when and where you want. Television shows and some movies are not currently available in Movies Anywhere, but you will still be able to watch any of those titles in your collection on Vudu.

For further details and to get started on linking your Vudu account to your UltraViolet library and to Movies Anywhere, please click on the button below:
Go to Flixster Video for more information
Thank you,

The Flixster Video Team

And their "migrate" notice barely mentions UV...
https://www.flixstervideo.com/collection/migrate

I hope the companies and movies that are UV only will move to MA before UV goes away and MA adds TV shows.

And I hope MA improves the areas that are still inferior to UV...

Last edited by b2net; 12-21-17 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-21-17, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Not sure if they're just down, or another nail in the UV coffin, but not able to redeem (or check codes) at https://www.myuv.com/redeem right now.
Apparently they have refreshed everyone's' library (in preparation for their inevitable closure, I'm sure) You need to log out and then back in and your library will appear.
Old 12-23-17, 12:19 AM

Wow, I got my code for The Mountain Between Us today and they included this kinda-weird message :

PLEASE READ: If you want iTunes redeem on movies anywhere link https://moviesanywhere.com/redeem and the movie will port to iTunes in HD and to Vudu in HDX via movies anywhere OR if you only want Vudu redeem directly to Vudu on this Vudu link: https://my.vudu.com/redeem
Now that still doesn't make any sense to me -- if you redeem it on VUDU, you'd still get it on iTunes via Movies Anywhere, right? I know that's the opposite of what that message says, but I have no reason to think that's actually the case. I had wanted to redeem it through VUDU so I'd get a UV copy.
Well, guess what? VUDU doesn't include a UV copy of that movie. Or, upon looking around a bit, one with Kingsmen Golden Circle, or Battle of the Sexes. I'm thinking that Fox has totally abandoned UV altogether now for their new releases. Is that actually the case?
Old 12-23-17, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Sure looks like it.
Old 12-23-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

With Fox now owned by Disney, I can imagine the Fox titles will be MA only as MA is owned by Disney..

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.