DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Deleted unrelated wiki from a different thread
Print Wikipost

Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

Old 10-22-17, 06:53 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts
Re: Movies Anywhere - News, Rumors & Discussion

If you're redeeming a UV code, make sure to redeem it at Vudu. If you redeem it at the MA site, you will not get UV rights.

Here's some info from the Official Vudu Forum:

MA redeemed titles only port over to Vudu, Google Play, Amazon and iTunes. THEY DO NOT PORT INTO ULTRAVIOLET. This is by design.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...90#post1307690
Old 10-22-17, 07:09 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

Here's a good video clearing up the confusion regarding Apple's 4K upgrades:

Old 10-22-17, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 227 Likes on 161 Posts

Do you think they'll ever add TV shows?
Old 10-22-17, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 644 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Do you think they'll ever add TV shows?
They'll have to change the name again. "Video Anywhere"?
Old 10-23-17, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
If you're redeeming a UV code, make sure to redeem it at Vudu. If you redeem it at the MA site, you will not get UV rights.

Here's some info from the Official Vudu Forum:
MA redeemed titles only port over to Vudu, Google Play, Amazon and iTunes. THEY DO NOT PORT INTO ULTRAVIOLET. This is by design.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...90#post1307690

Oooooh, that's some dirty shit. It might be by design, but I'd be pissed if I had redeemed a code with MA and that happened. Thanks for the info. I'm still waiting to actually like MA, certainly haven't yet (except for the fact Amazon is a part of it).
Old 10-24-17, 11:26 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

so i have 2 movies that i got from Amazon, an older (1973) movie, Scarecrow and newer School Ties (1992). Scarecrow went to Vudu instantly, but School Ties is no where to be found. Anyone know why? Thanks.

edit...because it is not MA compatible, correct? why would a 1973 movie be MA, but not a 1992?
Old 10-24-17, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
but School Ties is no where to be found. Anyone know why? Thanks.
School Ties is a Paramount film.

The studios participating in MA and sharing their content across platforms are
--Disney (including Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, and Pixar)
--Sony Pictures.
--Twentieth Century Fox.
--Universal.
--Warner Bros.
Old 10-24-17, 11:44 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

gotcha. thanks. stinks, but oh well...
Old 10-24-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Paramount has got to come around eventually I figure.
Old 10-24-17, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone that redeemed their digital copy at iTunes, show the director's definitive edition of "Heat" (1995) anywhere other than iTunes? Per instructions, I redeemed at foxredeeem.com, which pointed me to iTunes, where I downloaded and is showing in my Purchases on iTunes.

However, it's not showing on myuv, vudu or moviesanywhere. Or Amazon or Google Play, for that matter. Not a big deal, just curious what's going on. (I did disconnect/reconnect.)
Old 10-24-17, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just checked iTunes again and movies form VUDU are now there! Awesome.

Buying digital copies has become much more worthwhile.

Edit: OK< not all of them are in. I have Skyfall and Goldeneye on VUDU but they aren't in iTunes or Movies ANywhere. MGM issue, I guess, along with the Paramount titles.

Last edited by Ranger; 10-24-17 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-24-17, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by suomynona
Does anyone that redeemed their digital copy at iTunes, show the director's definitive edition of "Heat" (1995) anywhere other than iTunes? Per instructions, I redeemed at foxredeeem.com, which pointed me to iTunes, where I downloaded and is showing in my Purchases on iTunes.

However, it's not showing on myuv, vudu or moviesanywhere. Or Amazon or Google Play, for that matter. Not a big deal, just curious what's going on. (I did disconnect/reconnect.)
My Heat didn’t transfer either, and I also redeemed on iTunes from the Blu-ray release.
Old 10-25-17, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
Just checked iTunes again and movies form VUDU are now there! Awesome.

Buying digital copies has become much more worthwhile.

Edit: OK< not all of them are in. I have Skyfall and Goldeneye on VUDU but they aren't in iTunes or Movies ANywhere. MGM issue, I guess, along with the Paramount titles.
That's correct, because I had the same issue with Skyfall.
Old 10-25-17, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
My Heat didn’t transfer either, and I also redeemed on iTunes from the Blu-ray release.
So, I found this interesting.

The version (at least from the photo and description) is on Movies Anywhere at https://moviesanywhere.com/movie/hea...nitive-edition

However, if you click Buy, and then select iTunes, it opens iTunes and you get an "Item Not Available" error message saying that, "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

I'm not sure if that's an iTunes or Movies Anywhere issue. Did iTunes provide the wrong info in the information from their end to MA? When did Fox become the owner of the film? I was under the impression that it was a Warner title -- not that this has anything to do with the film not "cross pollinating."

I've reached out to Movies Anywhere to find out what's going on. Looks like iTunes might have shared the wrong data with MA for this film, linking to iTunes store in a different country when it should link directly to https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/he...5/id1028001760 for purchasing/populating.

Last edited by suomynona; 10-25-17 at 01:14 AM. Reason: because i'm an idiot.
Old 10-25-17, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 291 Posts

I got a reply back about my movies I wanted deleted, they said they updated my concerns in the FAQs, but I didn't see an answer to my question. So I replied back saying I don't want Ghostbusters, Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, or Ice Age in my collection. It took a week for them to respond, so hopefully they reply back by sometime next week.
Old 10-25-17, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I got a reply back about my movies I wanted deleted, they said they updated my concerns in the FAQs, but I didn't see an answer to my question. So I replied back saying I don't want Ghostbusters, Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, or Ice Age in my collection...
...why? I tend to grab freebies wherever I can, even if I end up never watching them, nor particularly plan to.

This reminds me of when people were pissed Apple added the latest U2 album to their iTunes account, although I think that did something like autodownload or something that was the upsetting bit, rather than just having another title in your library.
Old 10-25-17, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
...why? I tend to grab freebies wherever I can, even if I end up never watching them, nor particularly plan to.

This reminds me of when people were pissed Apple added the latest U2 album to their iTunes account, although I think that did something like autodownload or something that was the upsetting bit, rather than just having another title in your library.
Answers are upthread. Let's not open the discussion again.
Old 10-25-17, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
Answers are upthread. Let's not open the discussion again.
Man, how did I miss those posts....
Old 10-25-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

New Line onboard? LOTR and Hobbit movies?
Old 10-25-17, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Yup, though it's annoying to be reminded that I have the theatrical and extended LOTR movies but only two of the Hobbits because I bought one on Microsoft, which doesn't carry over, and I bought the extendeds from the UK.
Old 10-25-17, 03:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yup, though it's annoying to be reminded that I have the theatrical and extended LOTR movies but only two of the Hobbits because I bought one on Microsoft, which doesn't carry over, and I bought the extendeds from the UK.
There are apparently ways to get those codes to work here. I need to investigate that.
Old 10-25-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I just checked and all three Hobbits (extended and original) are in my MA as well as the Extended versions of the LOTR movies are there. I never got around to getting the original LOTR digitally. (I'm so used to the extended versions of them, it really doesn't matter though...where as I'm more used to the theatrical Hobbits). Honestly, my blu-ray box sets for the two trilogies kinda sit there now, lol. (No, I'm not getting rid of them though)
Old 10-26-17, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
Movies Anywhere responded back saying that the version that they have listed on their site is not what is listed, which would explain why it wouldn't show in my Movies Anywhere library. To confirm this, I used the link I received from Walmart via Vudu for instawatch -- which instead of redeeming the definitive director's cut -- downloaded the "special edition", which did populate in Vudu, and therefore iTunes -- with the 1995 art, not the definitive director's artwork. To clarify, in iTunes it redeemed "Heat: Special Edition" -- without the iTunes extras. I can't even find it in the iTunes store to share the link.

Anyways. Now I have two versions of Heat.

I wonder what other films show up in Instawatch when purchasing through Walmart.com, that allow you to download instantly in iTunes before you even have receive the title in the mail.
Old 10-27-17, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,171 Likes on 901 Posts

Just merged my Amazon into MA and VUDU, etc. I have Predator in HD and 5.1 through Amazon but when it ported over to VUDU it lost the 5.1 and plays back in 2.0 only. The picture is in HD still, but if they're doing this then that's pretty shitty. Port it all or don't, but don't half ass it.
Old 10-27-17, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Just merged my Amazon into MA and VUDU, etc. I have Predator in HD and 5.1 through Amazon but when it ported over to VUDU it lost the 5.1 and plays back in 2.0 only. The picture is in HD still, but if they're doing this then that's pretty shitty. Port it all or don't, but don't half ass it.
That's pretty typical. Some retailers have the same features from the online digital retailer you bought/redeemed it from, some do not. The best part for me has been the ability to finally download my UV only Vudu digital titles through iTunes, and gain access to iTunes Extras that are exclusive to iTunes. I'm personally fine with all of the retailers not being the same.

With that said, I understand where you're coming from. I'm hoping that once Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate join Movies Anywhere, the SD digital copies they pushed for the digital copies that came with their blu-rays -- will be upgraded to HD.

I'm not buying anymore Paramount, MGM or Lions Gate films until they do.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.