Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Old 12-01-19, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
call your credit card company and cancel your card and explain the situation if you haven’t done so.

and yes there have been warnings going around that the dark web has hackers stealing log ins and selling them.
It's really weird, though, if Disney + is targeted and not like general passwords. If your Disney+ account gets hacked, it's like an inconvenience and someone gets to play around with a service that costs 6 bucks a month for a few weeks. What's the point?

Rob V was the password unique to the service? Or do you share passwords with other services? If so, change all of them ASAP. If not, and it's not easily guessable (and you weren't phished), we have a major problem.

Also, there are rumblings that some movies (one of the Garfield movies and Never Been Kissed) were removed from the service unceremoniously but I can't say firsthand if that's true.
Old 12-02-19, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As reported elsewhere, Disney didn't put two-factor authentication into their system...if they would, less hacks would be happening. I suspect they eventually will once it becomes a larger problem.
Old 12-02-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
As reported elsewhere, Disney didn't put two-factor authentication into their system...if they would, less hacks would be happening. I suspect they eventually will once it becomes a larger problem.
I can't think of another major streaming service that has two factor authentication besides Amazon, and that's only because it shares a login with their web store. Why is it such a huge problem for Disney Plus as opposed to say Netflix or Hulu?
Old 12-02-19, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post

Rob V was the password unique to the service? Or do you share passwords with other services? If so, change all of them ASAP. If not, and it's not easily guessable (and you weren't phished), we have a major problem.
It's unique and not easily guessable... I checked hulu AMD spotify, no issues. I'll give Disney 24 more hours to call me back before I call my credit card company.
Old 12-02-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't have time to go over thread but Disney is offering first year at $60 for Cyber Monday.
Old 12-02-19, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Might as well since it looks like I'll be sticking around.
Old 12-02-19, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Don't have time to go over thread but Disney is offering first year at $60 for Cyber Monday.

I did this as well and also if you use Rakuten thereís $10 back so it brings it down to $4 and change
Old 12-02-19, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently the special offer is only for new subscribers.
Old 12-02-19, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Apparently the special offer is only for new subscribers.
You can just use a different email.
Old 12-02-19, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I have to end my new subscription and start another one? So stupid of them not letting current subscribers just simply switch to a yearly plan.
Old 12-03-19, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really don’t know why these companies make people jump through hoops to get these offers. Actually, we all know.

I ended up canceling my Hulu and Disney plus to get the two offers (plus the $10 back from Rakuten) so I’m paying about $6 a month for both unbundled ($50 for year for Disney and $1.99 month for Hulu)
Old 12-03-19, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

I've tried Googling this with no luck.

I subscribed to Disney+ through itunes. When I try to log in to Disney+ on the web using the same email I use for Apple, it's not working. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-03-19, 01:55 PM

Disney Plus has ordered the game show “Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge.” Ahmed Best, known to “Star Wars” fans for playing Jar Jar Binks, will serve as the host of the series.

In the show, young contestants will face tests of ability in the core Jedi principles of strength, knowledge, and bravery while facing obstacles in an attempt to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight. Best will appear as Jedi master and mentor to the contestants. Mary Holland will voice a humanoid droid companion.

The series will debut on the streaming service in 2020. It is executive produced by Lucasfilm, Dean Houser, and David Chamberlin and Mike Antinoro from Endeavor Content.

“This is definitely a kids game show like no other,” said Lucasfilm’s senior director of Online Content & Programming, Mickey Capoferri. “The various challenges will test a Padawan’s connection to the Force in three locations — a forest planet, on board a Jedi star cruiser, and inside a Jedi Temple — immersing them and the audience in a fun, humorous, and exciting competition.”

In addition to starring as Jar Jar Binks, most notable in “The Phantom Menace,” Best is known for his time with the performance troupe “Stomp.” He is also a skilled dancer and martial artist.

This marks the latest “Star Wars” series at Disney Plus. The service launched in November with “The Mandalorian,” the first “Star Wars” live-action series. It stars Pedro Pascal as the title character, who must protect a being known as The Child, better known to fans as Baby Yoda.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dis...SiuW008kNAyxHo
Old 12-03-19, 05:47 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

derp. although glad to see Best getting some work.

don't get me wrong, Jar Jar is a fucking abomination but that's on Lucas, not Best.
Old 12-04-19, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there a reason The Simpsons is the only animated Fox show on Disney+? Is it because shows like Family Guy, Futurama, etc aren't as family friendly?
Old 12-04-19, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Is there a reason The Simpsons is the only animated Fox show on Disney+? Is it because shows like Family Guy, Futurama, etc aren't as family friendly?
Family Guy, I highly doubt would ever make it in for the reason you stated. But I don't know, Futurama seems like it would fit in and it's already (I think) on Hulu, so not sure what the deal is, other than "we put Simpsons in because it's a big enough brand that including it would be a huge deal." If you look at the Fox offerings in general they're not as full fledged as the Disney stuff.

I think there were like 16 properties attached to Fox that launched with the service:
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/everyt...h-century-fox/

Two of them, Never Been Kissed and Garfield A Tail of Two Kitties, are already off the service for some reason (they did add the first Garfield movie, so maybe it's just that the universe can't take more than one Garfield movie on a streaming service at a time). Ice Age and Diary of a Wimpy Kid both have sequels too that aren't on it.
Old 12-04-19, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Signed up for the free year via Verizonís promotion,
really like it so far
Old 12-04-19, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Family Guy, I highly doubt would ever make it in for the reason you stated. But I don't know, Futurama seems like it would fit in and it's already (I think) on Hulu, so not sure what the deal is, other than "we put Simpsons in because it's a big enough brand that including it would be a huge deal." If you look at the Fox offerings in general they're not as full fledged as the Disney stuff.

I think there were like 16 properties attached to Fox that launched with the service:
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/everyt...h-century-fox/

Two of them, Never Been Kissed and Garfield A Tail of Two Kitties, are already off the service for some reason (they did add the first Garfield movie, so maybe it's just that the universe can't take more than one Garfield movie on a streaming service at a time). Ice Age and Diary of a Wimpy Kid both have sequels too that aren't on it.
I suspect Never Been Kissed was removed due to the Banana scene or when she was high.
Old 12-05-19, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
I'm pretty sure there was some semi-official statement that FG and maybe American Dad would not be on D+ because they are vile disgusting shows not suitable for "Disney" (I'm paraphrasing there). Didn't see anything about Futurama.
Futurama has a following for sure but maybe they didn't think its reach was as "global" as Simpsons. Or streaming rights, or something else.
Old 12-05-19, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure Bender made some sexual innuendo in S3... so no dice.
Old 12-05-19, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Simpsons crossed a lot of similar territory, it's just a better known brand and they needed a new home for it since they were planning to take down FX streaming and fold it into Hulu. Also the recent Thanksgiving of Horror episode of the Simpsons is probably the most violent/bloody episode they've done to date.

I dropped my D+ subscription but still have my Hulu one, so I hope Futurama stays put.
Old 12-05-19, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Funny that Never Been Kissed is already gone after it was one of my early watches.

I searched for the old TV movie Eloise at Christmastime, but it wasn’t there. I think that’s the first deep-catalog item I’ve come up empty on.
Old 12-05-19, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Funny that Never Been Kissed is already gone after it was one of my early watches.

I searched for the old TV movie Eloise at Christmastime, but it wasnít there. I think thatís the first deep-catalog item Iíve come up empty on.
I suspect Never Been Kissed was removed due to the Banana scene or when she was high.
​​​​​​​
Old 12-10-19, 09:22 AM

Aigned up for the free trial 30 or so hrs ago (figured since kids on school hols good time to try.Wow I am REALLY unempressed with how Disney + works (or rather doesnt), so far. After 30 odd hrs of having it, every time I try to watch something theres a problem.

for the first few hrs every attempt I made to open the ap on my smart TV or Foxtel now box told me it couldnt connect to Disney. I rebooted each a few times.

Video starts then screen goes black but sound continues.

Only seam to have a portion of the soundtrack of the video (like can hear gun shots but no speaking, or no sound at all for some scenes of only a few of the sounds.

Sound out of sink with video by a whole scene (sometimes more, actually heard gunfire from a scen 5 minutes after guns fired)

Screen goes blank halfway thru stream, just nothing.

Video wont load over and over (error 43)

It seams the only time I can watch it without issue is after almost all of the rest of the family have gone to bed and stopped streaming. Yet with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Crackle, or Foxtel Now, it doesnt matter that 5 different streams are happening in the house at the same time. I really would have thought a company like Disney would have all this stuff sorted pre launch.

Based on my current experience of it I wouldnt pay $5 a month for it. Added to which my kids dont seem to be all that interested in it. My sons exact words were "there's nothing on it that interests him that he hasnt already seen"

All this on the same devices that have no problem what so ever on 4 other streaming services. And they had no problems on another service I no longer subscribe to (Hayu) nor did they have a problem with any of the 4 IPTV services I've subscribed to over the years

Old 12-10-19, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by beatboks1 View Post
It seams the only time I can watch it without issue is after almost all of the rest of the family have gone to bed and stopped streaming. Yet with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Crackle, or Foxtel Now, it doesnt matter that 5 different streams are happening in the house at the same time. I really would have thought a company like Disney would have all this stuff sorted pre launch.
What kind of internet plan do you have? If your plan can't support a lot of usage, there is going to be issues. Disney can't help if you're streaming more than you should. Talk to your ISP.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.