Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Old 10-24-19, 12:33 PM
  #476  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,295
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by story View Post
Yes, they sent us all an email about that a few months ago, I believe.
Yeah I work for a bank so I figured they notified me I just didn't pay attention
GatorDeb is offline  
Old 10-25-19, 04:10 PM
  #477  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,800
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

So the Verizon deal (even if you're eligible) requires people to sign up for it...agreeing that when the year is up, you'll automatically be billed $6.99 a month for the service - no info yet on how to cancel. So it may just be easier to ignore the deal altogether than to worry about jumping through hoops a year from now.
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 10-25-19, 11:31 PM
  #478  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,889
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

I would imagine it a simple thing to do on the site like all the other streaming services.
Deftones is online now  
Old 10-27-19, 08:45 PM
  #479  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,162
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
So the Verizon deal (even if you're eligible) requires people to sign up for it...agreeing that when the year is up, you'll automatically be billed $6.99 a month for the service - no info yet on how to cancel. So it may just be easier to ignore the deal altogether than to worry about jumping through hoops a year from now.

Just about all of them are like this.

This is a weird way to justify Not signing up..
whotony is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 12:39 AM
  #480  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,228
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

I was just about to switch to Unlimited so this is a bonus for me.
Toddarino is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 07:44 AM
  #481  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,800
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I would imagine it a simple thing to do on the site like all the other streaming services.
If it's through Disney, sure. If it's through Verizon, forget it...they don't offer live online chat (it's just a bot) or an email address to reach them. You have to call them to cancel most stuff (easy to add/hard to cancel).
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 08:56 AM
  #482  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 27,816
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
If it's through Disney, sure. If it's through Verizon, forget it...they don't offer live online chat (it's just a bot) or an email address to reach them. You have to call them to cancel most stuff (easy to add/hard to cancel).
I can't imagine you'll be billed for Disney + through Verizon... why would disney allow that? You'll need a sign in with Disney to get in, and they just link your account so they know you have Verizon and get it free for a year. They won't allow Verizon to take money for them because why involve a middleman?

fujishig is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 09:39 AM
  #483  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,282
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I can't imagine you'll be billed for Disney + through Verizon... why would disney allow that? You'll need a sign in with Disney to get in, and they just link your account so they know you have Verizon and get it free for a year. They won't allow Verizon to take money for them because why involve a middleman?
T-Mobile handles the billing for the free Netflix. Going to my Netflix page, the billing information section states the following:

PerryD is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 09:42 AM
  #484  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 27,816
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
T-Mobile handles the billing for the free Netflix. Going to my Netflix page, the billing information section states the following:
That makes sense. however, if you were to quit T-mobile or if T-mobile were to discontinue offering it for free, they wouldn't keep charging you through T-mobile. I think that's what the trepidation is here, that when the free Disney + runs out there's going to be a hassle cancelling through Verizon.

fujishig is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 09:44 AM
  #485  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,774
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

I could see turning down a free month or two for fear of a cancelling hassle, but a free year?
Trevor is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 09:59 AM
  #486  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,282
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
That makes sense. however, if you were to quit T-mobile or if T-mobile were to discontinue offering it for free, they wouldn't keep charging you through T-mobile. I think that's what the trepidation is here, that when the free Disney + runs out there's going to be a hassle cancelling through Verizon.
Yeah, I'm not sure what surcharge I am paying over the basic Netflix that is given for free with the UHD package and the recent price increase, but it's still handled through T-Mobile. But, yeah, I can see the difference if they were to stop providing the benefit that it would have to roll back to my Netflix billing method although I'm not sure at this point that it is valid, but I'm sure they would let me know right away if it wasn't.
PerryD is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 01:50 PM
  #487  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,800
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I can't imagine you'll be billed for Disney + through Verizon... why would disney allow that? You'll need a sign in with Disney to get in, and they just link your account so they know you have Verizon and get it free for a year. They won't allow Verizon to take money for them because why involve a middleman?
According to Verizon, the charge for Disney+ (after the first free year) will be added to your Verizon monthly bill.

If I wasn't signed up for the D23 membership, sure I wouldn't turn down a free year...but my concerns aren't just about cancelling, it's about Verizon somehow messing up the three years I've already signed up for at less than $4 a month (yes, Disney says they'll postpone the three years to allow me to get the free Verizon year...but I'm wary that that's going to go smoothly).
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 10-28-19, 02:19 PM
  #488  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 27,816
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
According to Verizon, the charge for Disney+ (after the first free year) will be added to your Verizon monthly bill.

If I wasn't signed up for the D23 membership, sure I wouldn't turn down a free year...but my concerns aren't just about cancelling, it's about Verizon somehow messing up the three years I've already signed up for at less than $4 a month (yes, Disney says they'll postpone the three years to allow me to get the free Verizon year...but I'm wary that that's going to go smoothly).
Wow, really? Yeah, that seems really odd.
fujishig is offline  
Old 10-29-19, 07:12 AM
  #489  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,800
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

I got an email back from Disney and they told me the following:

"If you already purchased an annual or multi-year plan, the free year will simply be added on to that subscription."
However, they also told me that Verizon isn't sending out an email until Nov. 12 or LATER (to sign up for the free year) - so I guess my multi-year plan will start as planned anyway.

Anyway, from what Disney said, it sounds like they ARE handling the billing...although Verizon is telling customers otherwise (that the monthly cost after the free year will show up on their Verizon bills).
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 10-30-19, 04:06 AM
  #490  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,295
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Do you think the Walt Disney Treasures Collection will be included?
GatorDeb is offline  
Old 10-30-19, 08:12 AM
  #491  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 6,340
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

no Disney plus on Amazon fire stick but my son has Hulu on there. Could he add Disney thru Hulu?

Last edited by Deadman31; 10-30-19 at 02:27 PM.
Deadman31 is offline  
Old 10-30-19, 02:01 PM
  #492  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,464
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

This ad is pretty funny.

DJariya is online now  
Old 10-30-19, 02:08 PM
  #493  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,669
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

TomOpus is offline  
Old 10-30-19, 04:29 PM
  #494  
Senior Member
 
Meathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Snowtown, USA
Posts: 836
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

that's great
Meathead is offline  
Old 11-02-19, 04:44 AM
  #495  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,464
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

https://deadline.com/2019/11/avatar-...ch-1202774837/

Avatar will be available on Disney + at launch.
DJariya is online now  
Old 11-02-19, 06:46 AM
  #496  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,935
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

A little more than a week for its release and Iím anxiously waiting for the app to drop on the App stores. Also, nothing here in Canada in terms of promotion for subscription like they did in the US.
LorenzoL is offline  
Old 11-02-19, 07:45 PM
  #497  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 22,144
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
According to Verizon, the charge for Disney+ (after the first free year) will be added to your Verizon monthly bill.

If I wasn't signed up for the D23 membership, sure I wouldn't turn down a free year...but my concerns aren't just about cancelling, it's about Verizon somehow messing up the three years I've already signed up for at less than $4 a month (yes, Disney says they'll postpone the three years to allow me to get the free Verizon year...but I'm wary that that's going to go smoothly).
Spoken like an actual Verizon user. As someone that has had to deal with Verizon over a decade, their customer service is almost legendary at messing up billing. I'd be concerned as well.
PhantomStranger is online now  
Old 11-02-19, 08:08 PM
  #498  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 38,032
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

how much is this anyway per month?
OldBoy is offline  
Old 11-02-19, 08:42 PM
  #499  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,464
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
how much is this anyway per month?
https://preview.disneyplus.com/

You can sign up at this site. Prices are listed there.
DJariya is online now  
Old 11-02-19, 09:18 PM
  #500  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 38,032
Re: Disney+ streaming service - November 12, 2019 launch

that's not bad actually. will i be able to get on Firestick?
OldBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.