DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Streaming Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/)
-   -   Amazon streaming issue on Samsung (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/640408-amazon-streaming-issue-samsung.html)

MBoyd 06-11-17 07:50 AM

Amazon streaming issue on Samsung

We moved and bought a 70" Samsung 4K. Big upgrade from the 9 year old 55" Sony we had, so overall I am pleased. I have noticed that Amazon streaming often will freeze or jump frames for a micro-second. It doesn't make anything unwatchable but i am sensitive to it. My wife doesn't seem to notice.

I have not noticed this on the Netflix app or even using HBO through the Amazon app so I would guess it's not Internet or Wi-Fi Speeds which tested high.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this. I'm also wondering if it will happen on the Apple TV when the Amazon app launches.

TheBigDave 06-11-17 06:53 PM

Re: Amazon streaming issue on Samsung

Smart TV apps suck. They're usually glitchy, slow and infrequently updated. 90% of the time I hear someone complaining about streaming, it's because they're using a Smart TV.

I'm sure you'll have a much better experience using an Apple TV. Personally, I recommend a Roku.

PhantomStranger 06-12-17 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 13093096)
Smart TV apps suck. They're usually glitchy, slow and infrequently updated. 90% of the time I hear someone complaining about streaming, it's because they're using a Smart TV.

+1

The TV manufacturers put the bare minimum into their Smart apps; half of them will break 2-3 years after release.

slybone 06-13-17 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by MBoyd (Post 13092684)
We moved and bought a 70" Samsung 4K. Big upgrade from the 9 year old 55" Sony we had, so overall I am pleased. I have noticed that Amazon streaming often will freeze or jump frames for a micro-second. It doesn't make anything unwatchable but i am sensitive to it. My wife doesn't seem to notice.

I have not noticed this on the Netflix app or even using HBO through the Amazon app so I would guess it's not Internet or Wi-Fi Speeds which tested high.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this. I'm also wondering if it will happen on the Apple TV when the Amazon app launches.

Interesting. We have a 65" Samsung and we experience this problem on the Netflix App, but not on Amazon or any others to my knowledge. Most interesting indeed.

Navinabob 06-13-17 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MBoyd (Post 13092684)

I had issues with my Samsung Apps enough times that I just went and purchased a Amazon Fire TV.

I do like Samsung's ability to read stuff on the pin-drive. Just about any file format plays without issue.