Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Tubi TV on the Roku

Old 05-09-17, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tubi TV on the Roku

Just found Tubi TV on the Roku. Tons of newer and older movies plus 1 live TV channel that shows movies.
Old 05-09-17, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Tubi TV on the Roku

Originally Posted by JCWBobC View Post
Just found Tubi TV on the Roku. Tons of newer and older movies plus 1 live TV channel that shows movies.
I check in on the channel every month and it has quite a few quality movie offerings, -y'know, movies you've actually heard of. I'm sure it's ad-supported though I don't know who or what entity is behind it. Much like Crackle or Shout!, I can appreciate what they have but I can't say I've ever watched anything on there.
Old 06-16-17, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Forgot to mention their is a wrestling channel that shows TNA 24 hours a day.
Old 06-17-17, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to TheWrap.com Tubi raised 20 million dollars in funding last month.
Old 02-28-19, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Tubi has acquired tons of old NBC Universal content.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/tubi-an...es-1202567194/

Tubi and NBCUniversal have set a deal that will see a trove of nearly 400 vintage TV episodes and films land on the ad-supported Tubi streaming service.

The titles covered by the deal will bring a nostalgic tear to many Gen-Xer eyes. The roster includes Xena: Warrior Princess, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, The A-Team, Punky Brewster, The Incredible Hulk, Quantum Leap and the original versions of Magnum, P.I., Battlestar Galactica, The Bionic Womanand She-Ra: Princess of Power.

The ad-supported area of streaming has gained momentum of late, with NBCUniversal announcing plans for its own service launching in 2020 on the Comcast and Sky footprints and Viacom acquiring Pluto TV.

“We’re excited to be a home to this robust library of world-class, iconic content from NBCUniversal that appeals across generations,” said Adam Lewinson, Chief Content Officer at Tubi. “We are aggressively working to expand our library, and this is one of many deals to come for Tubi.”

In January, Tubi announced ambitious plans for 2019, including a nine-figure investment in new content. The company also highlighted recent growth, including a steep increase in viewing in the fourth quarter of 2018.

Tubi’s current library numbers about 12,000 movies and TV series, or about 40,000 hours of content. Widely distributed for several years now across Amazon’s Fire TV, Roku iOS, Android, Xfinity X1 and other outlets, the app has a high degree of visibility.
Old 02-28-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish someone like Tubi or Crackle would pick up the 70s spider-man series. I'd like to re-watch that. But it will be nice to re-visit some old QL or Battlestar from time to time. Even with 10000 commercials.
Old 02-28-19, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We get Tubi, here, as well. I actually found the ads were not bad, at all. Much fewer than regular network programming.
Old 05-03-19, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I downloaded the Tubi app on my iOS devices as is the only way for Canadians to watch S2 of One Punch Man. I believe that they have a PS4 app which I’ll download.

I wish the Canadian version had the old NBCUNIVERSAL shows.
Old 05-07-19, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In case you want to torture yourself. All 15 seasons of The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice are now available on this streaming channel.

Politics aside, the only really good season of The Apprentice was the 1st one that Bill Rancic won. I actually watched that one on DVD and was hooked on it.

I guess MGM, who produced the show, wanted to get some money back from making it and sold the rights to Tubi.