Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Tubi -- ad supported streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-23, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Re: Tubi -- ad supported streaming service

Originally Posted by DJariya
You literally have to be glued to Tubi those days and there are no on demand options. It's like Fuck you, if you didn't watch this on HBO we're going to make it harder and next to impossible to catch them.
Hell, the back six episodes didn't even air on HBO. They're being shown here for the first time.

Old 02-11-23, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Hell, the back six episodes didn't even air on HBO. They're being shown here for the first time.
Which is why this dumbass "live only, and only during working hours" plan is so infuriating. It's as if they're intentionally trying to get as little value as possible out of their streaming license. The other possibility is HBO hates this show (or Whedon) so much they imposed these conditions on Tubi.
Old 02-13-23, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I don’t have a complete list, but apparently WB has released some previously unreleased shows on Tubi.

Including:

Scarecrow and Mrs King
Spenser for Hire
A man called Hawk, spin-off of Spenser for Hire
Third Watch
Eight is Enough
Old 02-13-23, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Has Get Smart(original 1960s series) ever been on a streaming service?
Old 02-13-23, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don’t have a complete list, but apparently WB has released some previously unreleased shows on Tubi.

Including:

Scarecrow and Mrs King
Spenser for Hire
A man called Hawk, spin-off of Spenser for Hire
Third Watch
Eight is Enough
I.e. shows that haven't streamed, before, or lost episodes for these shows?

I suspect the former, but given The Nevers, thought I would ask.
Old 02-13-23, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by andicus
I.e. shows that haven't streamed, before, or lost episodes for these shows?

I suspect the former, but given The Nevers, thought I would ask.
Have not streamed before.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-13-23 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-13-23, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

^Thanks!
Old 02-13-23, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk God

I remember when Spenser for Hire aired on ABC in the mid 80s at around 10pm. I was in 6th grade and was forced to be in bed by 10pm for school, so I never had the chance to see it. I know it's probably dated as hell and is like any 80s PI show, but I was always curious about it as I got older. Robert Urich was always likeable to me. I don't know maybe I'll check it out on Tubi and see how horrible the commercial load is.
Old 02-13-23, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I went looking for Eight is Enough when Adam Rich died so I might at least sample that again. I watched all of Spenser for at least the first few seasons. I also liked Kate Jackson on Charlie's Angels as a kid but never watched Scarecrow so who knows... Probably won't really have time to watch any of this.

The Nevers thing is beyond irritating, but I guess I'll just have to buy it when it gets reasonably priced on Vudu, assuming they put it for sale.
Old 02-13-23, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk God

The old TNT show Southland is also on Tubi. It was on HBO Max, but I guess it was part of the cuts.

If anything, WBD sold off stuff that's been out for years that probably most aren't watching anymore.

Old 02-14-23, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Are we not going to talk about the nightmare fuel Superbowl rabbit hole ads, or the "grandpa yelling at the kids for touching the remote" ad?

Guess they had some money to burn. I wonder how profitable this is for them.
Old 02-14-23, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

The Super Bowl was on Fox, and Fox owns Tubi - they probably had some spots to fill.

That said, they're claiming Tubi has 61m+ monthly active users, which sounds sus but
Old 02-14-23, 02:09 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Are we not going to talk about the nightmare fuel Superbowl rabbit hole ads, or the "grandpa yelling at the kids for touching the remote" ad?

Guess they had some money to burn. I wonder how profitable this is for them.
I haven't seen the ads but my co-worker who was watching the Super Bowl had have heard of the service and was impressed with the commercials.
Old 04-06-23, 03:30 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by dex14:
Kurt D (04-06-23), majorjoe23 (04-07-23)
Old 04-06-23, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,832 Likes on 1,228 Posts

That's awesome! He is going to 'the bins' because he's finding content previously unknown!
Old 06-03-23, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

HBO Max's Purge Of Shows Like Westworld Has Been 'A Win' For Tubi
Old 12-12-23, 08:40 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Fox’s ad-supported streamer Tubi has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Discovery to stream DC movies including “The Batman,” “Suicide Squad,” “Black Adam,” “Wonder Woman” and “Aquaman,” as well as superhero series “Batwoman,” “Gotham” and “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.”

The above film titles, as well as “Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn),” “Green Lantern” and “Wonder Woman 1984,” will hit Tubi’s on-demand lineup in 2024.

Available as of Tuesday are “Batman,” “Batman Returns” and “Batman Forever,” as well as “Superman: The Movie” and “Superman II,” and TV series “Batwoman,” “Gotham” and “Krypton.”

“Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman” will begin streaming Dec. 31.

Also coming in December are DC animated movies “Batman: Death in the Family,” “DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam,” “The Death of Superman,” “Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox,” “Son of Batman” and “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies,” plus the series “Stargirl” and “Swamp Thing” and the film “Constantine.”

Currently, the majority of these DC titles are only available to stream on Warner Bros. Discovery’s Max, which has both ad-supported and ad-free tiers.

Outside of the DC universe, Tubi will gain the on-demand streaming rights to WBD’s “Blade: The Series,” “Judge Mathis” and “People’s Court”; movies “Annabelle” and “Doctor Sleep”; and “Friday,” “Friday After Next” and “Next Friday.” More films and series will roll out throughout 2024.

“The addition of recent blockbuster movies and fan-favorite series from the DC library is a monumental offering for Tubi viewers,” Tubi chief content officer Adam Lewinson said. “We’re so pleased to have such wonderful partners at Warner Bros. Discovery, who are expanding the reach of their superhero franchise films and series that are destined to draw new audiences and fandoms with Tubi’s highly engaged viewers.”

Separate from the DC-focused pact, WBD has expanded its partnership with Tubi to include 10 new FAST channels and renewed its agreement for its existing 13 FAST offerings at the AVOD. Titles from these channels will also be available on Tubi on-demand.

New Warner Bros. TV FAST channels launching on Tubi are:

Warner Bros. TV Chasing Criminals – Follow along as police officers, survivors and those left behind search for justice in the aftermath of devastating crimes.

Warner Bros. TV Classic Cinema – Experience the silver screen at home with a collection of acclaimed films from the Golden Age of Hollywood and beyond.

Warner Bros. TV Generation Drama – Love, heartbreak, scandal – and endless entertainment. Find your next TV obsession with these binge-worthy scripted series.

Warner Bros. TV In the Garage – Hop in the driver’s seat and explore the inner workings of the auto industry, from car repair and custom builds to biker wars, truck stunts and more.

Warner Bros. TV Living With Evil – Explore shocking stories of death and deceit that prove danger can lie where you least expect it.

Warner Bros. TV Nikita – Step into the world of Nikita as she navigates life as a secret government assassin, as seen in the original 1990s classic and the 2010s reboot.

Warner Bros. TV On the Telly – A brilliant selection of British hits, including drama-filled faves, historical picks and more from across the pond.

Warner Bros. TV The FBI – In the complex world of crime, only one agency possesses the skills, knowledge and specially trained agents to tackle the toughest cases – The FBI. Revisit the classic scripted series that took place inside the FBI.

Warner Bros. TV Travel & Adventure – Explore all things travel, from eats and treats to hotel makeovers and airport operations across the globe.

Existing Warner Bros. TV FAST channels available on Tubi include:

Warner Bros. TV Crime Series – Shocking crime scenes, unsolved cases, intense investigations and more with shows including “Murder Chose Me,” “A Crime to Remember” and “Murder Comes to Town.”

Warner Bros. TV Family Faves – A collection of family-friendly series with stories that feel like home and characters who feel like family, including “Eight is Enough,” “Better With You” and “Head of the Class,” among others.

Warner Bros. TV Family Rulez! – From unconventional couples to unbelievable stories, enjoy these series about real-life families, including “Long Lost Family,” “The Little Couple” and “My Five Wives.”

Warner Bros. TV Ghosts Are Real – Real-life stories of ghosts, goblins and other out-of-this-world entities with shows including “Ghost Brothers,” “Paranormal Lockdown” and “Ghost Asylum.”

Warner Bros. TV How To – Find the answers to some of the world’s most interesting questions with these curiosity-inspiring series, including “How It’s Made,” “How to Build Everything” and “How the Earth Works.”

Warner Bros. TV Love & Desire – A collection of the best reality shows, including “FBoy Island,” “The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette,” “Bachelor in Paradise” and “Finding Magic Mike,” among others.

Warner Bros. TV Love & Marriage – Say “I do” to all the best wedding stories waiting for you at the end of the aisle with shows including “Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta,” “Four Weddings” and “A Wedding Story.”

Warner Bros. TV Paws & Claws – Paws, claws and maybe some jaws. Get your furry fix with a wild collection of shows featuring your favorite pets, including “Dogs 101” and “My Cat from Hell.”

Warner Bros. TV Sweet Escapes – Cake competitions, baking and beyond for the ultimate sweet escape with shows including “Cake Boss,” “Extreme Cake Makers” and “Cake Wars.”

Warner Bros. TV Unique Lives – Discover the unique lives of people from all corners of the world with shows including “Extreme Couponing,” “Breaking Amish” and “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.”

Warner Bros. TV Watchlist – A collection of premium television series, including “Westworld,” “Raised by Wolves,” “The Nevers,” “Time Traveler’s Wife,” “Babylon 5,” “Third Watch” and “La Femme Nikita,” among others.

Warner Bros. TV Welcome Home – Where home-owning dreams come true with the best of real estate and interior design with shows including “Caribbean Life,” “Buying Hawaii” and “Bahamas Life.”

Warner Bros. TV Mysterious Worlds – Untold stories of unexplained, unsolved and unknown mysteries from around the world, including shows like “Mysteries at the Museum,” “Mysteries at the Monument” and “Off Limits.”
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the...bi-1235834290/
Old 03-04-24, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Guess no one noticed:

Tubi Gets a Makeover: Brand New Logo, Catchphrase and Color Scheme

Don't really care about the new logo.
Old 03-04-24, 08:07 PM

I noticed!
The following 2 users liked this post by Kurt D:
BackStJoe (03-05-24), TomOpus (03-04-24)
Old 03-04-24, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kurt D
I noticed!
I figured I'd be late posting about it.
Old 03-04-24, 08:36 PM

I thought about it, and ultimately shrugged.

It's just kind of the way the forums are now. Less urgency, enthusiasm, and activity. That's the way of the world.

I do like the new color scheme.
Old 03-05-24, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't care for it. Looks too much like the Freevee logo.
Old 03-06-24, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Appearance has been changed but functionality is still shit.
Old 03-06-24, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Brad Henderson of Terror Vision and formerly Vinegar Syndrome, claims that Tubi is asking some distributors to edit content.

Old 03-07-24, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So Tubi can edit any film on their service? How far can they go with this?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.