Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-22, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Where do locate AMC account info

Go to Settings and then click on the giant letters that say "Subscription." You'll see your sub and payment details.
Old 11-23-22, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Go to Settings and then click on the giant letters that say "Subscription." You'll see your sub and payment details.
I did that. it only tells you your next billing date, not your last billing date. I paid for the annual sub almost a year ago, but it says my next bill will be November 26,2023 which isn't right since it should be Nov. 26th of this year. The cc payment details don't come up. it just gives an option to update with a new credit card number but wont tell you the last four digits of what they have on file.
Old 11-24-22, 06:04 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
I did that. it only tells you your next billing date, not your last billing date. I paid for the annual sub almost a year ago, but it says my next bill will be November 26,2023 which isn't right since it should be Nov. 26th of this year. The cc payment details don't come up. it just gives an option to update with a new credit card number but wont tell you the last four digits of what they have on file.
I had the same issue and thought I somehow had a longer sub than I actually did so I didn't cancel. I was then charged for the whole year. I couldn't see any billing history either. If you don't want to be billed for the year cancel it now.
Old 11-24-22, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
I had the same issue and thought I somehow had a longer sub than I actually did so I didn't cancel. I was then charged for the whole year. I couldn't see any billing history either. If you don't want to be billed for the year cancel it now.
I just checked my credit card and I was billed last year for $28 for the annual plan on 11/26. So, I logged in today and cancelled the subscription but even after I cancelled, it still says my subscription runs until 11/26/23 when it should end 11/26/22 now that I cancelled it. They can try and bill the credit card I used last year, but it's an Amex debit card that I have to load money onto and there currently isn't any money on it.

Their annual plan is $149.99 right now. That's too much just for The Walking Dead that's over with right now. Are there any Black Friday deals right now for the annual plans?
Old 11-24-22, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I just checked my credit card and I was billed last year for $28 for the annual plan on 11/26. So, I logged in today and cancelled the subscription but even after I cancelled, it still says my subscription runs until 11/26/23 when it should end 11/26/22 now that I cancelled it. They can try and bill the credit card I used last year, but it's an Amex debit card that I have to load money onto and there currently isn't any money on it.

Their annual plan is $149.99 right now. That's too much just for The Walking Dead that's over with right now. Are there any Black Friday deals right now for the annual plans?
$149? Then the system does recognize you're a "new" subscriber, because when mine renewed it was for $83.
Old 11-24-22, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Where did you see that the annual plan is $149.99? That price is wrong. That's over $12/month and close to HBO Max pricing. That's over the regular monthly rate of $8.99.

The annual price is $83.99 per year

https://support.amcplus.com/en/suppo...does-amc-cost-
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (11-24-22)
Old 11-24-22, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Where did you see that the annual plan is $149.99? That price is wrong. That's over $12/month and close to HBO Max pricing. That's over the regular monthly rate of $8.99.

The annual price is $83.99 per year

https://support.amcplus.com/en/suppo...does-amc-cost-
I googled it and it took me to a screen on their website where it said it was $14.99 a month or $149.99 for the annual plan. Maybe those prices included Showtime or whatever other cable channel they're associated with. $83.99 still seems like a lot when I paid less than $28 last year. If there aren't any deals for the annual plan coming up for the holiday season, I'll probably wait until the next Walking Dead show comes out. No point in subscribing early if I'm mainly using it to watch the Walking Dead franchise.
Old 11-24-22, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk God

I googled it and it took me to a screen on their website where it said it was $14.99 a month or $149.99 for the annual plan. Maybe those prices included Showtime or whatever other cable channel they're associated with. $83.99 still seems like a lot when I paid less than $28 last year. If there aren't any deals for the annual plan coming up for the holiday season, I'll probably wait until the next Walking Dead show comes out. No point in subscribing early if I'm mainly using it to watch the Walking Dead franchise.
Anyway, if you're only using AMC Plus for the Walking Dead content, then you should definitely cancel. The price is not worth it for only 1 show. They have a growing library of new content, but I assume that doesn't interest you. So yeah, cancel and take a break until 2023.
Old 11-24-22, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Anyway, if you're only using AMC Plus for the Walking Dead content, then you should definitely cancel. The price is not worth it for only 1 show. They have a growing library of new content, but I assume that doesn't interest you. So yeah, cancel and take a break until 2023.
They have some other content that I watch and like, but I've pretty much watched everything that I want to see at this point until they add newer content. If they have a good deal like they had last year, I would continue it. $28 for the year was worth it for the Walking Dead alone. But if there's no deals that close to that price, there isn't much point in continuing right now. I'll just wait until they add enough content to warrant subscribing again or until they have a more reasonable annual plan.
Old 11-28-22, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

I just got billed $83.88 from AMC on my CC. I'm going to keep it. It's not an unreasonable price. They've also been getting more shows and movies that I am interested in aside from Walking Dead. I'm still playing catch up with Walking Dead and I like the streaming version has bonus material not seen on AMC. I'm also just stating the 2nd season of Gangs of London.
Old 11-28-22, 05:36 PM

The previously mentioned emailing asking to cancel and getting offered a $24 refund worked for me.
Old 04-17-23, 07:23 AM

AMC Networks said it plans to add a cheaper, ad-supported subscription tier of flagship streaming service AMC+ later this year.

While the pricing and launch date of the service are being kept under wraps, the company is including it as part of its 2023-24 upfront sales process. AMC Networks, which has just emerged from a turbulent period of staff cuts and a change in senior leadership, will host its annual presentation for media buyers on Tuesday night. Kristin Dolan, a longtime board member and member of the family who controls the company’s shares, was named CEO several weeks ago. She will make her first public comments at the upfront event.

While the company doesn’t break out official numbers for individual streamers, AMC+ is the biggest member of its portfolio of niche services, which includes Acorn TV and ALLBLK. Shudder, IFC Films Unlimited and Sundance Now are part of a bundled offering with AMC+. Subscribers to the bundle (as opposed to those subscribing individually) will also be included in the ad-supported tier

“This is a big moment for AMC Networks and for our advertising partners, because it not only creates a fully-ad supported distribution ecosystem, it also allows advertisers to buy our shows, genres and franchises in a much more comprehensive and impactful way,” said Kim Kelleher, the company’s chief commercial officer. “With our new series content, library titles and other targeted streaming platforms that are all bundled into AMC+, partners can move beyond individual shows and even series and choose to ‘own’ whole genres and franchises, and drive messaging to target audiences no matter what they are watching or where.”

Like all programmers, AMC Networks is facing stiff challenges from the accelerating pace of cord-cutting and the expense and complexity of migrating viewers to streaming, whose economic model is still coming into focus. Unlike larger peers, though, the company has refined its focus on scripted fare for adults, a lane it feels gives them a way to stand out. While many media companies are ramping up efforts to be all things to all viewers, AMC Networks is holding fast to its

In an interview with Deadline, Kelleher, Evan Adlman, EVP of commercial sales and revenue operations, and Kim Granito, the newly minted head of marketing, said the company is looking to continue offering advertisers multiple options. While linear TV is in general decline, AMC Networks has managed to make about 60% of its ad pods fully addressable, meaning they can be bought with highly refined targeting techniques similar to digital and streaming. That percentage is well above the industry norm.

With ad targeting a key mission, AMC Networks is also rolling out a data platform called Audience+, which is billed as a way to help advertisers identify opportunities across the portfolio. The offering was developed in partnership with analytics firm 605, which Dolan founded in 2016 and ran as CEO before moving into the corner office at AMC Networks. a powerful new insights and data targeting platform that allows the company’s advertising partners to identify and reach viewers across all of its ad-supported distribution platforms.

Adlman calls Audience+ “a huge leap forward for our company and our valued advertising partners.” The venture is the first to provide a single, unduplicated view of who is watching, what they are watching and when. That helps buyers “map a path to viewers across all of our shows and platforms.”
https://deadline.com/2023/04/amc-plu...05-1235325563/
Old 09-28-23, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk God

https://deadline.com/2023/09/amc-net...ng-1235558910/

$4.99 per month ad supported tier announced.

Old 11-24-23, 08:46 AM

I haven't seen any BF deals on the annual sub yet...
Old 11-24-23, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
I haven't seen any BF deals on the annual sub yet...
Best I've seen so far is $1.99 a month for three months on Amazon Prime channels. I mostly only watch The Walking Dead on it, so I can binge watch Daryl Dixon. By the time the three months is over, the Rick & Michonne show will start.
Old 11-26-23, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

My AMC Plus subscription renewed for another year a few days ago at $83.88. Can't recall if that was the same price a year ago. But, I'm good with it. I've gotten enough value with this, especially with Shudder being included.

The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (11-27-23)
Old 12-02-23, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO they have all seasons of fear the walking dead?
Old 12-02-23, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lacubs
DO they have all seasons of fear the walking dead?
Yes
Old 12-02-23, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
Old 02-11-24, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts

Anyone else get a settlement notice for AMC Services (AMC+, Shudder, Acorn TV, ALLBLK, SundanceNow, and HIDIVE)? Apparently they were bad and shared personally identifiable info in violation of the VPPA.

https://amcvppasettlement.com/home
Old 02-13-24, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

^I love that part of the settlement is that we get 1 week of AMC+ for free.
Old 02-14-24, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah I just got that email as well.