Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile: Fandango Now $5 Movie Credit (Help others find a deal)

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Old 10-24-16, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Apologize if this seems a bit weird, but I thought a new thread was in order. By all accounts, T-Mobile is moving away from VUDU for their Tuesday app and is switching the $5 credit to FandangoNow.

I hate this because I can no longer use the $5 credit for Disc to Digital and FandangoNow is a horrible site. Finding a deal is beyond difficult and unless you just happen to catch their special sales & free offers (either by email or another site), be prepared to click a bunch of times to maybe find something you want.

So I created a thread so we can help each other. Let's keep this simple...if you find something you think is worthwhile, post a link and the price similar to the format I'm doing below. Also indicate whether the deal is UV compliant as well (for those of us who port to VUDU). Alright, got it, and GO!

What Lies Beneath $8.99 HD ($3.99 after T-Mobile Credit) UV Compliant
Old 10-24-16, 04:05 PM

Re: T-Mobile: Fandango Now $5 Movie Credit (Help others find a deal)

If you're buying movies at FandangoNow, and plan to watch them at Vudu, make sure they're UV at both sites. Sometimes, the movie is only UV at one site and not the other.

Also, FandangoNow isn't compatible with Disney Movies Anywhere. So don't buy any Disney movies.
Old 10-24-16, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well dammit, there's goes a good thing. I liked buying from Vudu because of the extras. And since it's the only streaming service I like to use, I doubt I'll buy much at all anymore. I pretty much bought something every week using the credit.
Old 10-24-16, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Well dammit, there's goes a good thing. I liked buying from Vudu because of the extras. And since it's the only streaming service I like to use, I doubt I'll buy much at all anymore. I pretty much bought something every week using the credit.
Same here. I used up the credit every week without fail except for maybe 9 cents. The only remote positive is that the UV's will transfer over to VUDU as long as BigDave said, UV on both sites. Everything else sucks honestly.
Old 10-25-16, 08:26 AM

It's worse than I thought. It's not even a $5 FandangoNow credit. It's a $5 rental credit. So, basically for us digital library guys....useless. Mods, feel free to close the thread...sorry for wasting people's time.
Old 10-25-16, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I won't be buying anything from them, much less rentals. I haven't rented a single thing digitally, and I'm not starting now, even with a free credit.
Old 10-27-16, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There was a comment from T-Mobile in response to an inquiry on their Facebook page that VUDU will return. Next week's credit is Fandango again though.

As for the FandangoNow rental credits, well, one positive is that they are stackable, up to 4 credits per account, unlike the VUDU credits which are 1 per account.