Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

The kinda all streaming deals thread

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The kinda all streaming deals thread

Old 12-28-17, 04:29 PM
  #651  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,392
Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

worked for me and a friend that I sent it to. Thanks! A good way to use some of the google credit I earn using their Opinion app (other than Pokemon Go). The movie I chose also transferred immediately to Vudu.
Old 12-28-17, 05:06 PM
  #652  
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,447
Received 523 Likes on 375 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Check Google Play Movie shop section for 50% off any movie banner (not the 50% off blockbusters sale).

Seems not all accounts got it.
If you don't see it you can try this link, but again YMMV and make sure you're signed into the correct Google account before clicking.
https://play.google.com/redeem?code=...QEG1JHZLEAM70N
Awesome. Worked for me. Thanks!

I use these 50% Off Google coupons to pick up Disney movies.
Old 12-28-17, 10:06 PM
  #653  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 1,642
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Check Google Play Movie shop section for 50% off any movie banner (not the 50% off blockbusters sale).

Seems not all accounts got it.
If you don't see it you can try this link, but again YMMV and make sure you're signed into the correct Google account before clicking.
https://play.google.com/redeem?code=...QEG1JHZLEAM70N
Thank you for this. Dunkirk for $7.49. Not bad!
Old 12-29-17, 08:08 AM
  #654  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
IDrinkMolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DE
Posts: 5,149
Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Amazon digital days. Iím not really seeing anything great.
Movies & TV- https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Main sales page:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=Appstor...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 12-29-17, 02:56 PM
  #655  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 27,601
Received 835 Likes on 704 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Amazon digital days. Iím not really seeing anything great.
Movies & TV- https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Main sales page:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=Appstor...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Season one of The Royals is $4.99.
Old 12-29-17, 05:21 PM
  #656  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
bacigalup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Where Mario's son resigned
Posts: 1,573
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

FandangoNow daily deals for the first 6 days of 2018:

Jan 1st
Dope
Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey
Frank & Lola
The Bone Collector
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180101

Jan 2nd
The Space Between Us
Backdraft
Greenberg
Larry Crowne
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180102

Jan 3rd
The Car
The Shakiest Gun in the West
Cat Run
Elizabeth
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180103

Jan 4th
12 Monkeys
About Time
The Day of the Jackal (1973)
Dragonheart
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180104

Jan 5th
Raw
Stretch
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Showdown
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180105

Jan 6th
Frost/Nixon
Side Effects
Intolerable Cruelty
Crooklyn
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180106
Old 01-01-18, 12:41 PM
  #657  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
IDrinkMolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DE
Posts: 5,149
Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

DEAD
<del>Amazon has S2 of American Crime Story: Assassination of Gianni Versace for $2.99 - probably a price mistake

https://www.amazon.com/Assassination.../dp/B078QPHJYM</del>

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 01-01-18 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-01-18, 12:43 PM
  #658  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,504
Received 6,349 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Amazon has S2 of American Crime Story: Assassination of Gianni Versace for $2.99 - probably a price mistake

https://www.amazon.com/Assassination.../dp/B078QPHJYM
Friggin bought! Thanks so much!
Old 01-01-18, 02:16 PM
  #659  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 81,065
Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Amazon has S2 of American Crime Story: Assassination of Gianni Versace for $2.99 - probably a price mistake

https://www.amazon.com/Assassination.../dp/B078QPHJYM
that has to be. it doesn't start airing for more than 2 weeks

edit: looks like it was fixed.
Old 01-02-18, 09:41 AM
  #660  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,446
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by bacigalup
FandangoNow daily deals for the first 6 days of 2018:

Jan 1st
Dope
Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey
Frank & Lola
The Bone Collector
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180101
Got Curious George 2 for my kid, geezus...the other specials were so much better. This was a snooze fest, but at least my kid was entertained.

Frank & Lola...anybody seen it, thoughts, impressions?
Old 01-03-18, 09:18 AM
  #661  
RIP
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,904
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Got Curious George 2 for my kid, geezus...the other specials were so much better. This was a snooze fest, but at least my kid was entertained.

Frank & Lola...anybody seen it, thoughts, impressions?
I really enjoyed Frank & Lola. Michael Shannon is fantastic (of course).
Old 01-03-18, 09:23 AM
  #662  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,446
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
I really enjoyed Frank & Lola. Michael Shannon is fantastic (of course).
I should have gotten it, the deal expired now though . Oh well, thank you for letting me know, these deals tend to repeat themselves, so hopefully in the future. Appreciate it.
Old 01-03-18, 12:10 PM
  #663  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
Thread Starter
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Set myself a calendar alarm to use my Fandangonow $15 credit by today. I have no memory of this, but probably some deal we discussed in this thread, so the alarm might be helpful to some of you as well.
Old 01-04-18, 11:32 AM
  #664  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
IDrinkMolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DE
Posts: 5,149
Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

FandangoNOW has 20% off 4K UHD
with promo Code 4K18 at checkout
Old 01-05-18, 07:23 AM
  #665  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,446
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Reminder to people reading this thread but Stretch (fantastic guilty pleasure) and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (Steve Martin masterpiece) are both $4.99 at Fandango (and i think ITunes as well). I already had Stretch but since the blu-ray is $20 for DMDWP, I think I can wait a bit on that and live with the digital.
Old 01-05-18, 12:55 PM
  #666  
Senior Member
 
BackStJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 582
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
FandangoNOW has 20% off 4K UHD
with promo Code 4K18 at checkout
Do you (or anyone) know if FandagoNOW downgrades 4K if you don't have it available? I know Vudu will stream the best available signal depending on your device, but I'm getting mixed info if Fandago does the same.
Old 01-05-18, 01:49 PM
  #667  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,692
Received 655 Likes on 453 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
Do you (or anyone) know if FandagoNOW downgrades 4K if you don't have it available? I know Vudu will stream the best available signal depending on your device, but I'm getting mixed info if Fandago does the same.
I'm pretty sure that with all the streaming services, the resolution you buy at is the highest resolution you can stream, not the only resolution you can stream. There's nothing explicit in the FandangoNOW FAQ, although it says that Safari and Edge only stream in SD and to use a different browser if you want to stream in HD.
https://www.fandangonow.com/help
Old 01-05-18, 02:59 PM
  #668  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
bacigalup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Where Mario's son resigned
Posts: 1,573
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

FandangoNow daily deals for Jan 7th thru to Jan 17th:

Jan 7th
Sleight
The Chronicles of Riddick (Unrated)
Safe Men
House of Dracula
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180107

Jan 8th
Sleepless
Patch Adams
Torn Curtain
Earthquake
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180108

Jan 9th
The Flintstones
Reservation Road
I'm Not Rappport
The Mummy's Hand
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180109

Jan 10th
Babe
The Young Messiah
Ghost Dad
The Border
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180110

Jan 11th
Ouija
Paul (Unrated)
Jarhead 3: The Siege
To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180111

Jan 12th
Billy Elliot
Polar Bears: Ice Bear
The Phantom of the Opera [1962]
The Deer Hunter
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180112

Jan 13th
Eastern Promises
R.L. Stine's Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls
How High
Cat Run 2
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180113

Jan 14th
Spartacus
The Mummy's Tomb
Gambit
Waist Deep
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180114

Jan 15th
Captain Fantastic
Wanderlust
Catch a Fire
Fascination Coral Reef : Hunters & the Hunted
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180115

Jan 16th
Ouija: Origin of Evil
Evening
Beethoven
Tekwar: Tekjustice
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180116

Jan 17th
Sudden Death
Undercover Brother
White Noise 2: The Light
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20180117
Old 01-05-18, 07:56 PM
  #669  
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,447
Received 523 Likes on 375 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Be careful about House Of Dracula. I bought House Of Frankenstein months ago at FN. And despite being UV, it never transferred over to my UV account (or Vudu). I spent hours contacting FN & UV customer service, and they both kept sending me back and forth blaming the problem on each other. Other people that bought that title have had the same problem. I don't know if it affects House Of Dracula. But I wouldn't take the chance.
Old 01-05-18, 08:19 PM
  #670  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,504
Received 6,349 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Nice, will at least pick up Eastern Promises and Billy Elliott (I grabbed the musical version for $5 a few months back from Fandango Now).

I was really young when I saw Deer Hunter and didn't like it. Wonder what I'd think of it now.

Any thoughts on Slight? Is it good? A fun watch?
Old 01-06-18, 12:30 AM
  #671  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 1,642
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by Decker
Nice, will at least pick up Eastern Promises and Billy Elliott (I grabbed the musical version for $5 a few months back from Fandango Now).
That musical version of "Eastern Promises" is incredible!
Old 01-06-18, 08:29 AM
  #672  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 343
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Be careful about House Of Dracula. I bought House Of Frankenstein months ago at FN. And despite being UV, it never transferred over to my UV account (or Vudu). I spent hours contacting FN & UV customer service, and they both kept sending me back and forth blaming the problem on each other. Other people that bought that title have had the same problem. I don't know if it affects House Of Dracula. But I wouldn't take the chance.
I had the same problem with HoF (bought it at FN and it never ported into my UV account), but didn't have the same problem in the reverse direction for HoD (bought it at Vudu and it showed up in UV and FN), for what it's worth.
Old 01-12-18, 01:47 PM
  #673  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Good idea
Old 01-12-18, 01:58 PM
  #674  
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,447
Received 523 Likes on 375 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Looks like Amazon is selling Black Lightning: Season 1 (HD) for $3.99. This is the upcoming CW show and should run about 13 episodes.

Probably a misprice, so jump on it quick.

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-12-18, 03:29 PM
  #675  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
Thread Starter
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: The kinda all streaming deals thread

Originally Posted by Mostafamohiy
Good idea
Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Looks like Amazon is selling Black Lightning: Season 1 (HD) for $3.99. This is the upcoming CW show and should run about 13 episodes.

Probably a misprice, so jump on it quick.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Lightni...dp/B078XNQ5LY/
Woah! A time traveler!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.