DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Streaming Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/)
-   -   The "Official" Disc to Digital Discussion Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/633753-official-disc-digital-discussion-thread.html)

b2net 11-03-19 05:56 AM

Re: The "Official" Disc to Digital Discussion Thread

Disc to Digital and Mobile to Digital no longer work on FOX titles as of 11-01-2019. While this is likely due to Disney's ownership, it also may have some to do with UV's shutdown and now that VUDU is up for sale.

funkyryno 11-06-19 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13634347)
Disc to Digital and Mobile to Digital no longer work on FOX titles as of 11-01-2019. While this is likely due to Disney's ownership, it also may have some to do with UV's shutdown and now that VUDU is up for sale.

That's a bummer. I wish I had heard of this before the cutoff date -- I would've double checked to see if there were any titles I wanted to convert. Oh well.

mwbmis 12-27-19 02:45 PM

Well the disc to digital was going away at the end of the year, but I was trying to get a few more in while I'm on vacation. It won't let me checkout. I called customer service, and it looks like they shut it down early.

davidh777 12-27-19 03:33 PM

That’s odd. I had some titles in my cart, and it just let me purchase them.

I did get burned on the Fox thing, as I put Avatar in my cart a little while ago then it became ineligible.

JoeySeven 12-27-19 04:07 PM

My understanding from this forum,other forums and a few articles the Go/In-Home Disc to Digital app is the one Vudu is getting rid of 1/20 .But the D2D Vudu app on your phone or tablet is still available but still limit to 100 scans or buys a year.Or at least we'll find out in about 4 days.

davidh777 12-31-19 09:01 PM

Most of my D2Ds so far have been BD conversions, but before the end of the year I went through a batch of my old DVDs and converted them, basically choosing the ones I’d pull the trigger on if they were in a $4.99 sale. Obviously I couldn’t do the Disney etc. titles, and a fair number were rejected because they were old UPCs or whatever, and I didn’t convert if they had an SD option only. But I was pretty pleased with the bunch I was able to convert, including an old version of Touch of Evil, Boogie Nights, Deliverance, Cuckoo’s Nest, and a lot of classics that were probably unlikely candidates for sales (Gilda, Anatomy for a Murder, River Kwai, Ben Hur, noir, Westerns—thanks, Warner combo sets with individual UPCs!). I have no idea if I’m anywhere close to my 100 annual quota, but I figured I might as well get them in just in case.

Plus, while I’ve been reluctant to dump the BDs I’ve converted, it’s easier to dump the DVDs since they’ve now been upgraded in quality, barring significant loss of bonus features.

TheBigDave 01-01-20 02:23 AM

The Mobile D2D annual limit has been reset.

JoeySeven 10-14-21 01:14 AM

Been a while since I did some D2D movies.
Here is a list of 20 I did the last few weeks

Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown
The Wisdom of Crocodiles (Immortality) HDX
Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back)
Whitney HDX
Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown
Night of the Demons 1988
The Mad Room
I Want a Dog for Christmas Charlie Brown
The Hitman's Bodyguard HDX
Spun (Uncensored Director's Cut)
Speaking of Sex
Senso [The Wanton Countess]
Rent-A-Cop
Going in Style 1979

Also Moviesanywhere(MA)

Carnage HDX
Night Moves 1975
The Cincinnati Kid HDX
Young Winston
The Haunting 1963 HDX
The Legend of Billie Jean HDX

bluetoast 09-30-22 11:52 AM

Can’t believe I’d never heard of this until yesterday. Got to digitize a bunch of things.

kahuna 09-30-22 03:00 PM

I've brought 70 movies so far this year using D2D. Just 30 more to reach the 100 limit.

lwhy? 09-30-22 03:13 PM

I'm struggling to get the new Android app to work. It just says invalid photo every time I try to take a photo.

bluetoast 09-30-22 03:37 PM

I connected my Vudu to iTunes so my movies auto-populate in iTunes. Is there a way to further upgrade to 4K versions when applicable?

davidh777 09-30-22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 14171180)
I'm struggling to get the new Android app to work. It just says invalid photo every time I try to take a photo.

The iOS app stopped working a while ago so I had to switch to the browser version on my phone.

TheBang 10-01-22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 14171190)
I connected my Vudu to iTunes so my movies auto-populate in iTunes. Is there a way to further upgrade to 4K versions when applicable?

Not for movies obtained through the D2D program.

JoeySeven 01-06-23 12:44 AM

The following titles have had HDX added to their disc conversions. They more than likely still play SD until Vudu adds their HDX transfers, but you can get that HDX locked in now in case they pull the title before they add the HDX transfer. A few are from BR, too, so cheaper! The majority (if not all) are Starz/Anchor Bay/Lionsgate titles.
Is anyone interested in this kind of info and related disc news?

A Nanny for Christmas (2010)
After Sex (2007)
American High School (2008)
Blue Seduction (2009)
The Dead (1987)
Dead Leaves (2004)
Demon Hunter (2005)
Devil's Den (2006)
The Fallen Ones (2005)
Finder's Fee (2001)
Gangster's Paradise: Jerusalema (2010)
The Garden (2005)
Gothic (1987)
iMurders (2008)
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer (2008)
The Killing Machine (2009)
Lower Learning (2008)
Megan is Missing (2011)
My Teacher's Wife (1995)
Opposite Day (2009)
Pierrot Le Fou (1965)
Room 6 (2005)
Southie (1999)
Staunton Hill (2009)
The Toothfairy (2006)
Turbulent Skies (2010)
Vlog (2008)
Wagons East! (1994)
Walled In (2008)

I'm finally getting use to hitting the shutter to take the pic, whereas before it would auto-take.
would not matter as much, but I have thousands of movies.

My
first new 10 titles for 2023 now that the reset happened:

Next of Kin HDX MA
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow HDX
The Emperor and the Assassin MA
Eat a Bowl of Tea MA
In Country MA
K-9 MA
Ginger and Fred MA
Seven Minutes in Heaven
American Flyers MA
Oliver's Story