Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Pluto TV - "The best channel you're not yet watching"

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-20, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
re: Pluto TV - "The best channel you're not yet watching"

Looks like they brought back the James Bond channel.
Old 03-05-20, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Looks like they brought back the James Bond channel.
That's probably because the new Bond movie is being pushed back till the end of the year because of the coronavirus(or something).
Old 03-05-20, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pluto tv guide

I have latest updated PLUTO TV set up on my Roku stick device. I am unable to scroll forward in the time and day on the live guide to see what's on later in the day or week.. It only lets me look forward for an hour or so.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Old 03-05-20, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Pluto tv guide

Originally Posted by k5rcd
I have latest updated PLUTO TV set up on my Roku stick device. I am unable to scroll forward in the time and day on the live guide to see what's on later in the day or week.. It only lets me look forward for an hour or so.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

I'm not sure you ever could. It's been one of my complaints about the UI.
Old 03-25-20, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Since there's no sports going right now, I temporarily suspended my YoutubeTV service and have been using Pluto for the first time, mostly just for having some programming on in the background. The UI and selection of programming is pretty nice for a free service. I've had some intermittent buffering issues though...anyone else see that with Pluto? I'm pretty sure the problem is not on my end, as I have fiber internet and rarely, if ever see buffering on other streaming services.
Old 03-25-20, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They now have a One Day At A Time(original series) channel.
Old 04-14-20, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well shit. There goes one of my fav channels

Old 04-14-20, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

That show was garbage. The same 5 hags over and over. Maybe one was ok.
Old 04-15-20, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck

https://twitter.com/kaloopy/status/1250204958386864128
Well, damn. That was one of my go-to's for background noise. I wonder if it's gone because of a licensing dispute or if it's Viacom trying to make Pluto more family friendly. They've poured a ton of money into it, which is making the service more mainstream.
Old 04-15-20, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

They added a channel dedicated to Japanese Tokusatsu (Power Rangers, Ultraman) so I downloaded it and tune to it every once in a while to see what's on. The commercials are maddeningly repetitive and every once in a while it will somehow glitch and show scenes out of order (not sure if that's faulty source material) but other than that I like the concept.
Old 04-15-20, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

^So far at the times I watch it's been the same Ultraman Leo and Kamen Rider eps Neither show holds up but I still watch...
Old 04-16-20, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
^So far at the times I watch it's been the same Ultraman Leo and Kamen Rider eps Neither show holds up but I still watch...
Yeah, they seem to rotate the Sentai stuff (I saw random episodes of Dairanger, Megaranger, and Gaoranger) but for Kamen Rider and Ultraman it's always Kamen Rider 1 or Ultraman Leo, both of which are early to mid 70's. That was a long time ago, and it shows. Leo is especially violent, though rewatching the early Ultmran series with the Mill Creek releases, it's pretty astonishing how much they really just beat the living daylights out of the Kaiju.
Old 06-02-20, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Well, well...I turn on my tv during lunch today and my tivo has a message for me that Pluto TV is now an app on my Tivo. I briefly hit the app and while my back button on the remote did not completely take me out of the app when I wanted to get back to my normal tivo menu I was able to see what looks like a whole new world of tv watching that opened up to me. I know folks rave about Pluto TV so it will be fun to check some stuff out over the next few days.

ETA: Slightly sad that I seemed to have missed the Kaloopy eye candy channel but hey there are plentiful sources on the internet if that type of media is what I am in the the mood for at any given time.
Old 06-03-20, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
WETA: Slightly sad that I seemed to have missed the Kaloopy eye candy channel but hey there are plentiful sources on the internet if that type of media is what I am in the the mood for at any given time.
Not missing much. It was a same chicks over and over.
Old 06-25-20, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck

https://twitter.com/kaloopy/status/1250204958386864128
It's back on a Pluto rival I've never heard of, but will be downloading onto my Roku TV once I get home from work. (Man, the Google News algorithm knows me a bit too well.)

Kaloopy’s Eye Candy Channel Finds New Home

By TV Answer Man in distro tv, pluto tv, Television, viacom on June 24, 2020The Eye Candy Channel, which was unceremoniously removed in April from Pluto TV, has found a new TV home, DistroTV, a Pluto TV rival.

The channel, which is owned by a Los Angeles-based company, Kaloopy Media, features continuous videos of beautiful women in various states of undress, dancing, jumping, and sometimes, rolling around the floor or beach in apparent imminent ecstasy.

Eye Candy may be considered by some as anachronistic for glorifying and arguably exploiting the female body. But the channel became a cult favorite during its five-year run on Pluto TV.

In fact, when Pluto TV removed The Eye Candy Channel in April, many of its fans posted angry messages in the TV Answer Man reader forum with some contending that PlutoTV’s new owner, ViacomCBS, forced its exit because of political correctness. (Viacom purchased Pluto TV in 2019.)

“So you (ViacomCBS) keep crap like MTV or Teenage Brides on but remove girls in bikinis, guess we know what you really like,” wrote one angry viewer.

Pluto TV did not respond to our inquiries as to why it removed The Eye Candy Channel. But ViacomCBS employees recently petitioned their bosses to remove a Pluto TV channel due to political content they consider objectionable.

Kaloopy also did not respond to our questions regarding its departure from Pluto TV. But the company did post a message on its web site last April that said it was looking for a new TV home.

“As of April 14 Kaloopy will no longer be The Eye Candy Channel on Pluto TV. We enjoyed the last 5 years of running the content on the channel. As with all good things they must come to an end. We’re working on putting up the videos on many new platforms and will be announcing them in the coming weeks,” the statement read.

And now the channel has that new home.

DistroTV, which is available on Roku, Fire TV and other streaming devices, offers scores of free streaming channels in a variety of categories including entertainment, lifestyle, comedy, movies, sports, news and moods. Like Pluto TV, DistroTV presents the channels in a traditional on-screen programming guide.

The Eye Candy Channel is now listed on DistroTV as ‘Kaloopy California Eye Candy Channel’ under Moods.
https://tvanswerman.com/2020/06/24/k...inds-new-home/
Old 07-08-20, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Pluto TV is adding a Star Trek channel

https://trekmovie.com/2020/07/07/plu...ReCqxwKoG7DP6U

Old 08-30-20, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So a couple weekends ago, I found this channel on a streaming service I THINK was plutoTV, called THC. Of course I was stoned, and it played all sorts of cool videos you want to watch when you are stoned. Fast forward to this weekend, I was looking for that channel, but couldn't find it anywhere. I did a google search, and it said that plutoTV launched a channel called THC and was on channel 420. Didn't see anything about it being shut down. but Pluto doesn't have a channel 420. it skips from 395 to around 450. So I can't figure out what was going on. Did I imagine that channel? Did it get cancelled?
Old 08-31-20, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's next to impossible to keep track what's on Pluto TV and what's upcoming and what's getting pulled.

If you plan on watching this ,that or the other thing on Pluto TV good luck because it's here today and gone tomorrow.

They need more concrete programming and forget about all the fly by night stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (08-31-20)
Old 08-31-20, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They recently introduced a Johnny Carson channel and I am LOVING it. I no longer have to wait until 10 pm on Antenna TV to get my fix. (And since I get up very early for work, I shouldn't be up that late.)

Originally Posted by joeblow69
So a couple weekends ago, I found this channel on a streaming service I THINK was plutoTV, called THC. Of course I was stoned, and it played all sorts of cool videos you want to watch when you are stoned. Fast forward to this weekend, I was looking for that channel, but couldn't find it anywhere. I did a google search, and it said that plutoTV launched a channel called THC and was on channel 420. Didn't see anything about it being shut down. but Pluto doesn't have a channel 420. it skips from 395 to around 450. So I can't figure out what was going on. Did I imagine that channel? Did it get cancelled?
No, it is (was?) a channel on there. I remember scrolling past it a lot, very occasionally watching "Getting Doug with High". (I don't get high, but like Doug Benson. Weird, I know.) I just looked and, yeah, it's gone. I imagine it's another case of Pluto scrubbing some content in order to be more mainstream, like they did with Kaloopy.

I agree, Pluto's programming slate can be a mess. When I find a channel I like, I favorite it. That doesn't stop them from getting rid of it altogether, but it does help in regards to having to hunt for it later.
Old 08-31-20, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I'm all about the there's company channel now
Old 08-31-20, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Did Pluto get rid of all the music-only channels? That was one of my favorite things about it, but I looked for them the other day and couldn't find them.
Old 09-01-20, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

This week, Dark Shadows channel 535. The Carol Burnett Show channel 516.

Last edited by ddrknghtrtns; 09-02-20 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-02-20, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kefrank
Did Pluto get rid of all the music-only channels? That was one of my favorite things about it, but I looked for them the other day and couldn't find them.
Yes. They ended their deal with the company who supplied the music feeds.
Old 10-07-20, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I only looked at three channels on there and one was Buzzr.

Is Buzzr still on Stirr?
Old 10-07-20, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bobwil54
Those bastards got rid of Buzzr today and I lost all my favorites after it updated.

Hold on, what makes you think it’s off Pluto?

i just looked and it’s still there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.