Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

iTunes Gift Cards - Discounts & Deals

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-20, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
Re: iTunes Gift Cards - Discounts & Deals

Been looking for a deal on iTunes GC. But nothing lately even on eBay.
Hope something comes up for BF month. Lots of Arrow and anime on my wl.

Anyone finds a deal, please post here. thanks Jj

Old 11-21-20, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hope Amazon does another $100 GC for $80 this year/ Save 20%.
If not

Not live yet
$100 Apple Gift Card + $20 Target Gift Card $100 @ Target **Starting Nov 22** using a Redcard it should be over 17% savings( hope my math is right)

Target will be offering $20 Target gift card with $100 Apple Gift card starting
Sunday 11/22 - 11/28. Use REDcard for an additional 5% off.

Best Buy Apple gift deal starts 11/26

Free $20 Best Buy e-Gift Card with $100 Apple gift card.

Old 11-21-20, 10:09 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone have a clear understanding of Family Sharing and unused credits? I got an AppleTV 4K and made a group, so we can see all purchases on there and now when I go to buy something (where I have some leftover credits) it won't use them but goes to my partners credit card. I've looked around the Google and it seems like there is nothing you can do but uncouple the accounts? This seems more like a glitch than a feature!
Old 06-11-21, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^
I never heard of iTunes Family Sharing. Most family and friends I talk to about online movies, have like Hulu service but none have Vudu or iTunes where you buy the movies.

The Prey (1983) $2.99 Arrow

https://www.cheapcharts.info/us/itun...The-Prey-(1983)

Looks so bad.. It might be good.
Old 06-14-21, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
Does anyone have a clear understanding of Family Sharing and unused credits? I got an AppleTV 4K and made a group, so we can see all purchases on there and now when I go to buy something (where I have some leftover credits) it won't use them but goes to my partners credit card. I've looked around the Google and it seems like there is nothing you can do but uncouple the accounts? This seems more like a glitch than a feature!
Yes, it's been a frustration of mine for a while. My mom and sister continuously make purchases thinking it's going to come from their gift cards but I get charged every time. Especially frustrating when they buy a song when they can download it from my Apple Music. I've been hoping Apple would fix this but apparently they don't care.
The following users liked this post:
BackStJoe (06-14-21)
Old 06-14-21, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

My brother discovered a ton of in-game purchase I made over the course of around 5-6 months was being charged to his card when he shared his account with me last year and I had no clue thinking any purchases were being added to my CC bill. I had him decouple the account and after I painstakingly added up what I owed him I venmoed him what I had spent (it was tedious adding up all these .99/1.99 small purchases but fortunately it only added up to around $20 a month average in spending, but still...not realizing he was billed all that time was bit jarring as I would never intentionally spend on purchases that he had to pay for).

I miss not having his Apple TV+ access for free (I never bothered to pay for Apple TV+ once he decoupled the account about 9 months back) but such is life. I think it is a bit grimy of Apple not to make it abundantly clear that only 1 card is charged when you share your account so be careful who you invite into your plan.
The following users liked this post:
BackStJoe (06-14-21)