Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Hulu announces ad-free $11.99 tier

Old 09-06-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Hulu announces ad-free $11.99 tier

It seems like Hulu has increased the number of commercials for those who aren't paying for the ad-free tier. I'm definitely making the switch next time I fire it up.
Old 09-07-15, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I absolutely hate ads of any kind. I still don't see myself subscribing anytime soon...although it is more tempting.

Netflix, Amazon, VUDU and thousands of DVD's are just fine with me. Just my opinion though.

And I'm just fine waiting for a year or two for seasons of shows.
Old 09-07-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
Does the paying extra also get rid of the network logos on the screen during shows?
It seems to be inconsistent. Some do, some don't. I've found one show even has my local affiliate bug, but oddly, not the one they have on their broadcast.

I'm trying this out for the trail period, but it remains to be seen whether it's worth $12/mo.

Another value add is that I can (probably) cast Showtime to Chromecast now via the Hulu app. And get rid of the dreadful Apple TV that I only bought because of it's exclusives with HBO Now/Showtime. But I have to wait for my Apple subscription to expire before I can re-sub & try this one out.
Old 05-25-19, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I'm on the ad-free Live Tv plan but I still see ads occasionally. Is there a way to tell when I should or shouldn't see ads?
I don't watch all that much which makes it even more annoying when i do.
I didn't see ads for Tacoma FD or What We Do In the Shadows, but I do see ads during Good Girls.
Old 05-26-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 View Post
So I'm on the ad-free Live Tv plan but I still see ads occasionally. Is there a way to tell when I should or shouldn't see ads?
I don't watch all that much which makes it even more annoying when i do.
I didn't see ads for Tacoma FD or What We Do In the Shadows, but I do see ads during Good Girls.
It's a little messy with Live TV, here's their explanation of it: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/type...language=en_US