DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Shudder - AMC's streaming service for Horror fans

I’m in now on Roku.
Old 07-13-18, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,116 Likes on 878 Posts

If this was a way to draw some new fans what a poor experience this has been thus far. Already should have been going for a couple hours and I can’t get in and it seems like it’s still a pretty widespread issue.
Old 07-14-18, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally working. I'm somewhere in the middle or so of Sleepaway Camp. The good news is Shudder posted that they'll be putting these on demand on their service as individual titles with the Joe Bob segments.
Old 07-14-18, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts

Still no luck. I can’t even play the 1-minute promo.
Old 07-14-18, 12:40 AM

Received 492 Likes on 354 Posts

Me neither. I’ve been trying for almost 4 hours now on both the Roku and the Xbox One.
Old 07-14-18, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Alright finally got through. Since I was planning to do an all-nighter, I was gonna rotate rooms and use the stick on other TVs to stretch legs & what not. But now I’m nervous as hell to disconnect it. I’m depending on Joe Bob to provide maximum comfort now!

EDIT-Well, just like that, I’m frozen on the ”Retrieving” screen right after Sleepaway Camp ended. Jesus.
Old 07-14-18, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And we're back down again. Seriously what the hell Shudder/AMC? It was working flawlessly right up until Sleepaway Camp and the wrap-up segment for that movie ended. You would think with the promotion they did for this marathon that they'd have been prepared for more than normal traffic.
Old 07-14-18, 01:36 AM

I was able to get the in for the last 20 minutes of Sleepaway Camp. Then I got dropped just before they introduced the next movie.

This is bullshit.
Old 07-14-18, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched a good chunk of Sleepaway Camp. Probably about the last half of it. Just weird that right as the next movie was preparing to start the service takes a shit again.
Old 07-14-18, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Back on again for me. Rabid is playing now, I've never seen it.
Old 07-14-18, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since this was all pre-recorded, They should’ve just edited it all and played this as ONE CONTINUOUS LIVE STREAM. I knew shit was gonna fuck up once the next movie had to “Load”.

Edit-As expected, I lost the stream once Rabid ended and caught the tail-end of the Drive-In totals for Prowler. At least i finally get to see a movie in its entirety tonight. We’re gettin There...

Last edited by Mondo Kane; 07-14-18 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-14-18, 02:38 AM

Shudder says they'll be adding all the Joe Bob movies to their library early next week. And they will be available on all Shudder services (VRV, Amazon, etc).

They also said something about replaying the entire marathon. It would be nice if they put it on one of their TV channels to play nonstop for a week.
Old 07-14-18, 05:18 AM

The first movie of the marathon, Tourist Trap, is now available in the Shudder library.
Old 07-14-18, 06:23 AM

Here’s the full list of movies in order:

Tourist Trap (1979)
Sleepaway Camp (1983)
Rabid (1977)
The Prowler (1981)
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
Daughters of Darkness (1971)
Blood Feast (1963)
Basket Case (1982)
Re-Animator (1985)
Demons (1985)
The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972)
Hellraiser (1987)
Pieces (1982)

Last edited by TheBigDave; 07-14-18 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-14-18, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m still going at it (Basket Case is currently playing) Took about a 15-minute nap during Daughters/Darkness (That movie always puts me to sleep anyway)

Loving JB’s hits at Trump
Old 07-14-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I fell asleep and slept in today so I missed a lot of the marathon. I’ll just go and watch what I missed when it’s available on demand. I’m assuming that the app must have screwed up again at some point because the tv was off when I woke up. I’m guessing it wouldn’t load and my devices turned off after inactivity for a while. Really can’t believe the amount of issues they had with this. If anything this should tell AMC that Joe Bob is in demand and should offer him a gig doing this more often if he’s up for more.
Old 07-14-18, 07:53 PM

I've tried my best to keep up with the marathon, but it's hard. I couldn't connect for the first 4 hours, so I missed the first two movies. After that I'd get disconnected at the end of each movie. And it would take 10 minutes to get reconnected. So I missed the introduction and beginning of every movie.

I'm pissed at Shudder. They've been hyping this for months and had plenty of time to work out all the bugs.
Old 07-14-18, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it hasn’t been an ideal situation at all. I’ve only seen parts of most of the films shown. I saw almost all of Re-Animator (went outside for a bit so I missed some). The other films I’ve caught (Sleepaway Camp, Basket Case, Demons) were all started when they were i progress. Actually I did start to see Hellraiser from the start but I left to eat supper and truth be told it’s not a favorite of mine at all really. I’d mostly be watching for the Joe Bob stuff. I think what’s made it frustrating is that it’s been happening the entire time. If they had some hiccups to start it would have been more understandable but the fact it keeps happening is weak. Every time a movie wraps up my stream has frozen.
Old 07-14-18, 10:06 PM

And of course Shudder completely fails on the last movie. They've had 24 hours to fix this shit.

Old 07-14-18, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My experiences with them all:

Tourist Trap-Didn't get to see any of it (Caught the intro to it earlier on the main site)
Sleepaway Camp-Saw the climax/wrap-up.
Rabid-Missed the opening 20-or-so minutes.
The Prowler-Came at the end of the drive-in totals. Saw the whole movie.
(I came close to seeing the full entire programs for these)
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama
Daughters of Darkness
(Switched rooms for this and the next 2 movies. Missed this intro)
Blood Feast
Basket Case

Re-Animator
*Demons-Missed the intro
*The Legend of Boggy Creek-Couldn't get through well after 10 minutes. Gave up. Tried again much later and saw the ending.
*Hellraiser-Felt like passing on this, but tried around 15 minutes and got in.
*Pieces-I got the same "Unauthorized/Stream Unavailable" messages as I did for Tourist Trap. Quickly gave up on this.

*I'm guessing high traffic returned for these.

I had already seen all these movies, but (Like most folks) I wanted to hear what Joe Bob had to say about them and I thought he was better than ever. From the film knowledge (Especially when he gave trivia about "Demoni") to film criticism (I was surprised at his 2˝ star rating for Prowler, but after this early re-watch, I completely agreed) to sticking the landing on all the humor. It's safe to say that Shudder's gonna keep him around after "Breaking the internet", but will they be better prepared next time?

Last edited by Mondo Kane; 07-14-18 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-14-18, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only thing is I wonder if he wants to come back or if he truly is doing this as a one off thing. He keeps alluding to this being the last time. I’d love if this became a regular thing. Even if he only did like a couple movies a night or two a month or if they formatted it as a season and let him record a handful and then release them.
Old 07-14-18, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

To my disbelief, I Caught the ending/outro to Pieces.It sounded like Joe Bob would love to do this again. Btw, I don’t know if you guys are familiar with American Mary, but Darcy The Mail Girl reminded me of that Betty Boop chick.
Old 07-15-18, 11:09 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The entire marathon is now available On Demand. Each film appears as an "episode" with 13 parts in the series.
Old 07-15-18, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly having it spread into thirteen “episodes” kinda works better anyways I think. It was cool to have the 24 hour marathon but it’s easier watching these at our leisure rather than having to sit through the full thing straight. It was different in the days of MonsterVision when it was a couple or so films a night.
Old 07-18-18, 10:17 PM

AMC’s Shudder Greenlights ‘Creepshow’ Series With Greg Nicotero Attached

“Creepshow,” the Steven King-inspired horror anthology that surged in theaters in the 1980s, will resurface in 2019 on streaming video.

AMC Networks’ Shudder, a subscription video on demand outlet., plans to revive the concept, and has greenlit a new “Creepshow” TV series, with Greg Nicotero, the special effects and makeup auteur who has gained new fame through his work on AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” attached to direct, executive produce, and supervise the show’s creative elements.

“’Creepshow’ is one of the most beloved and iconic horror anthologies from two masters of the genre, George A. Romero and Stephen King,” said Craig Engler, general manager of Shudder, in a prepared statement. “We’re thrilled to continue their legacy with another master of horror, Greg Nicotero, as we bring a new ‘Creepshow’ TV series exclusively to Shudder members.”

Each episode of the new series is expected to feature original fun and scary stories, and will be helmed by a different director. Nicotero will directing the first episode and his effects company KNB EFX GROUP Inc. will oversee the creature and make-up effects.

FULL ARTICLE - https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...ro-1202876757/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.