Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

VUDU Walmart Instawatch

Old 02-28-15, 08:43 PM

VUDU Walmart Instawatch

Newbie here to VUDU and usually never buy blu rays or dvds (just rent and stream via netflix). Bought Birdman blu-ray online at walmart and got the email immediately that the movie was in my VUDU account for streaming (Instawatch).
I'm just wondering since the blu ray comes with a digital HD copy does this mean I have an "extra" digital copy of the movie?
If I return the movie unopened to Walmart does the copy they put in my VUDU account go away?
Old 02-28-15, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: VUDU Walmart Instawatch

Yes and yes. It's a great deal, especially on non-UV titles, so you and a friend will get digital copies.
Old 02-28-15, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trancer70 View Post
If I return the movie unopened to Walmart does the copy they put in my VUDU account go away?
Back in December I ordered the hobbit for in store pickup, but it was the wrong version, so I returned it. Received the Vudu email and decided to redeem it to see how long it would stay there. It's still there, so I don't know if it is an isolated incident or not.
Old 02-28-15, 11:33 PM

Thanks for the info - I also ordered a DVD of Big Hero 6 and then I got an email from walmart saying my digital copy was ready but when I went to VUDU , it said I had to enter the code but there was no code when I got the DVD. The DVD didnt say it had digital copy with it but wondering why Walmart would've sent me an email saying I had one with that DVD
Old 03-01-15, 08:01 AM

I'm also wondering if I preorder a title and it has instawatch, do I have to wait until the release date for it to be in my account or is it in immediately?
Old 03-01-15, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info - I also ordered a DVD of Big Hero 6 and then I got an email from walmart saying my digital copy was ready but when I went to VUDU , it said I had to enter the code but there was no code when I got the DVD. The DVD didnt say it had digital copy with it but wondering why Walmart would've sent me an email saying I had one with that DVD
Did you try the DMR code? If a Disney movie comes with a digital copy, it's the same code, so that's what I would try.
Old 03-01-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm also wondering if I preorder a title and it has instawatch, do I have to wait until the release date for it to be in my account or is it in immediately?
Most preorders are available a few weeks before the Blu-ray release. For example, I preordered INTERSTELLAR from WalMart (March 31 street date) and the Vudu digital version goes live on March 17.
Old 12-27-15, 01:31 AM

The trick here, is to, before you purchased the movie from Walmart, is to have your Walmart dot com and Vudu logins, linked up. THe process is done from logging into vudu dot com. Once the accounts are paired, only then your walmart dot com email account, will receive the Vudu Instawatch notification.

My email never did, and 6 hours after purchasing a Blu Ray, online at Walmart, did it show up in Vudu > My Shows

Old 12-27-15, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Keep in mind that if a movie doesn't show up you can contact customer service and they will fix the situation ... But only if the cover has an "Instawatch" sticker...
Old 03-29-18, 09:00 PM

This site is so not user friendly. I can't even see where I can post a question. If anyone can tell me where I can post my question, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you!
Old 03-29-18, 09:02 PM

I am wanting to see if there is anyway to find out what upcoming movies will be on Instawatch for DVD's only and is Walmart still doing this because I haven't seen any DVD instawatch in a while for new releases.
Old 03-29-18, 09:21 PM

Walmart does an awful job at informing customers about Instawatch. It seems to be all trial and error. Customers have to buy the disc, then find out if it's Instawatch or not.

There's a G+ community for people trying to keep track of Instawatch eligible titles.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...42765845216775
Old 03-30-18, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So basically, if you have several thousand dollars laying around...

1. Make sure you have a very large external hard drive.
2. Link your Vudu account to MA and have iTunes set to download new films.
3. Order everything you want, but don't already have on physical blu-ray (so you get HD digital copies) on Instawatch at walmart dot com.
4. Download all of the Instawatch films that redeem immediately across your MA account in iTunes.
5. After everything is downloaded, permanently unlink Vudu from your MA account.
6. When all of the physical blu-rays arrive, return them unopened to brick and mortar Walmart.
7. Keep Vudu unlinked from your MA account and only use Fandango from that point on to redeem UV-only purchases.

I sure wish I had a few thousand dollars laying around. Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket this weekend.