Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-19, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Worked for me. Thanks!
Old 08-28-19, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Does the app support surround sound yet on any platform?
Old 08-28-19, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Thanks, I was a couple of days away from billing. So far only paid for 1 month this summer for Big Brother.
Old 08-28-19, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Huh. I tried it before I posted and didn't work.
I get: This code is not valid. Please try again.

I assume you enter under Coupon Code
I'm on annual commercial free.

I think I asked this with the last code, but did anyone get it to work on Annual/Commercial free?
Old 08-28-19, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Does the app support surround sound yet on any platform?
Depends on your streaming device. We are using Roku and get Dolby Digital sometimes and not other times.
Old 08-28-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Huh. I tried it before I posted and didn't work.
I get: This code is not valid. Please try again.

I assume you enter under Coupon Code
I'm on annual commercial free.

I think I asked this with the last code, but did anyone get it to work on Annual/Commercial free?

I don't have a selection for a Coupon Code right now. Must be since we are in month one of the 50% off for 2 months promo.
Old 09-09-19, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

1 Month Free with code CBSNFL

good through 09/15
Old 09-09-19, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ugh. I still do not have a place in may account settings to enter a code as I am in month 2 of 50% off for 2 months. Hopefully there will be codes for after we've moved back to full price. Otherwise, we'll likely cancel and wait till another time to re subscribe.
Old 09-09-19, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
That code does work for current subscriptions. So I won't billed until October.

Those little freebie codes are nice to have every now and then.
Son of a bitch! I think they killed the coupon code area and nixed my last code. Shows I will be billed on the 14th.

Bastards! I guess they are nixing coupon codes for current members.
Old 09-11-19, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I didn't see a thread about this on TV talk so I'll put this here:

Alexander Skarsgard Is Flagg In "The Stand" - Dark Horizons
Emmy and Golden Globe winner Alexander Skarsgard is set to play the villain Randall Flagg in CBS All Access’ upcoming series adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Stand”. In addition, Whoopi Goldberg has completed negotiations and officially joined the cast as Mother Abagail.

James Marsden will play Stu Redman, a Texan who is the first man discovered to be immune to the Captain Trips virus that has ravaged the planet. He eventually becomes a leader in a community known as the Free Zone and is tasked with confronting the evil Randall Flagg (Skarsgard).

Amber Heard is Nadine Cross, a private school teacher and a virgin who believes she has a unique destiny to be by Flagg’s side. Goldberg is Mother Abagail, who is immune to the superflu and leads the ‘good’ survivors of the plague toward Boulder, Colorado. She also claims to be a prophet of God.

Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear is Glen Bateman, an arthritis-afflicted professor who joins Stu on his journey to meet Mother Abagail. Odessa Young is Frannie Goldsmith, a pregnant woman who leaves her devastated community with a man named Harold Lauder (Owen Teague), but ends up falling in love with Stu.

Henry Zaga is Nick Andros, a young, deaf-mute grifter. Jovan Adepo is Larry Underwood, a young musician with a taste for fame and illegal substances. Brad William Henke is Tom Cullen, Andros’ travelling companion and a sweet but developmentally challenged man. Daniel Sunjata is Cobb, a military man charged with supervising Stu.

The project hails from writers Josh Boone and Ben Cavell with Boone set to direct. Boone, Roy Lee, Jimmy Miller, Richard P. Rubinstein, and Cavell will executive produce.

King wrote the tenth and final episode of the series which will reportedly include a new ‘coda’ to the story that wasn’t part of the author’s novel.
Old 09-11-19, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk God

There is a thread for The Stand

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/58...osh-boone.html
Old 09-11-19, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Search sucks then
Old 12-21-19, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

There’s an offer currently for a month of this service free if you use the promo code FROSTY by December 26th. I’m not sure if it’s a mass offer or one I got to incentivize me to rejoin as I had it a few months ago and cancelled. Only really got it because Star Trek: Picard starts soon. I’ll keep it through the duration of that show being on and most likely will cancel afterwards.
Old 12-23-19, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts

I'm a current monthly subscriber and it worked for me. Thanks.
Old 01-16-20, 09:34 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

CBS All Access, CBS' digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced plans for three new original children's series from DreamWorks Animation's Classic Media. Beginning Friday, Jan. 17, subscribers will be able to stream all-new editions of LASSIE, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE and MR. MAGOO. The announcement was made by Marc DeBevoise, Chief Digital Officer, ViacomCBS, and President and CEO, CBS Interactive, during CBS All Access' biannual presentation to the Television Critics Association. "We've seen a tremendous response from our subscribers in just the few months since CBS All Access began offering children's programming," said Marc DeBevoise. "Bringing new editions of legendary classics like LASSIE, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE and MR. MAGOO to the service is a fantastic benchmark for CBS All Access, and we look forward to continuing to expand our offering for families."
Old 01-16-20, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I’d check out Lassie if it was a live action series or movie. An animated version I don’t care as much about. The other two lend themselves to be animated more if you ask me but I’m not interested in them really.
Old 01-16-20, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk God

I saw a promo on YouTube that CBS All Access is going to produce a nightly animated newscast that will be topical with the days current events.

That might suck or be moderately entertaining. I believe it’s going for a tongue and cheek tone.

Edit: Here's the promo. It's called "Tooning out the news"

Last edited by DJariya; 01-16-20 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-19-20, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Use code January for 1 month free if you resubscribe. Good until 01/27/20. Just got email.
Old 01-23-20, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

^ even works for the commercial free option
Old 01-23-20, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As we have a promo month right now I was unable to enter the code. I did however click the cancel subscription (very early). It popped up offering a free month. I took that for us. When I check our account though it doesn't show a free month. Rather it shows 50% off for 2 months. In essence the same $$ but spread out requiring payment.

Would be nice to be able to add promos while in a promo period.
Old 01-23-20, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
As we have a promo month right now I was unable to enter the code. I did however click the cancel subscription (very early). It popped up offering a free month. I took that for us. When I check our account though it doesn't show a free month. Rather it shows 50% off for 2 months. In essence the same $$ but spread out requiring payment.

Would be nice to be able to add promos while in a promo period.
Be careful to check your bill after the first month is over. Even though everything showed the second free month on my account, they still charged me for it. And when I complained, they eventually refunded the fee, but killed the remainder of the month.
Old 01-26-20, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I couldn't wait any longer and signed up for Picard with the free month
how bad are the commercials for the $5.99 rate? For now I signed up for the $9.99 a month rate
Old 01-26-20, 09:33 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

the commercials are commercials... like 3 breaks of 2 commercials each. sucks but isn't worth the extra $ to avoid
Old 01-26-20, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
the commercials are commercials... like 3 breaks of 2 commercials each. sucks but isn't worth the extra $ to avoid
thanks, maybe I will downgrade to finish up the series and finish up discovery...
Old 01-27-20, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
CBS All Access on an Amazon Fire Tablet??

Is there a way to watch CBS All access shows on an Amazon Fire Tablet? I just subscribed to CBS All Access directly from CBS and I can watch it fine through my Roku's on my tv's, but for some reason I can't watch them on my Fire Tablet. I can log into my CBS account on the Fire Tablet, but once I go to play a show, it just says "content not available". It seems like the Fire Tablet is blocking the site for some reason, maybe because I didn't subscribe to CBS All Access though amazon Prime Channels but I'm not sure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.