Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-22, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service

Originally Posted by Deftones
Is the show on your watch list?
Absolutely. I go to my watchlist and see icons of all my shows listed there. However I cannot tell if a new show has been added or not. For instance a new Equalizer was added this week. I had to go to my watchlist, scroll down to the Equalizer icon, open it up, go to episodes to see that a unwatched one was added.

With other services like Hulu or YouTubeTV, the icon for the show will either be marked with a NEW EPISODE indicator, moved to the top of the list, or actually have a caption stating how many new, unwatched shows are left. I am not seeing any type of new show indicator on Paramount.
Old 04-13-22, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Ha, how long have you had the service? We're lucky we even have watchlists, I think they only just added that like a year or so ago.
Old 04-13-22, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Ok so they way it works for me on Roku is the show is on my watch list queue. Once I finish with episode, it will show the next one if available. If there are no new episodes available, it drops off the list until a new episode is posted. Maybe this is a quirk of the Fire stick?
Old 04-13-22, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 388 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I just asked a similar question in the Disney+ thread, but if I grab this deal will it kick-in after my free year (which is up in Nov) of P+ through T-Mobile deal expires? This sounds like a solid price to pay for a full year in advance, but I have about 8 months left for free which saves me $40 during that time.

I guess I could just sign up for a similar deal much later in the year, maybe when they run a fall is in the air promo or something like that, lol.
Well, I had a one-month free deal with Paramount+ for the basic service and they charged me immediately for the year of service so I think you are likely better off waiting for a deal when the free intro is over. I get the impression they offer these deals somewhat frequently and I can't imagine Paramount getting a big enough base in the next few months to stop offering this sort of deal...
Old 04-18-22, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
Ok so they way it works for me on Roku is the show is on my watch list queue. Once I finish with episode, it will show the next one if available. If there are no new episodes available, it drops off the list until a new episode is posted. Maybe this is a quirk of the Fire stick?
What is the My Watch List queue? I have an area called "My List" which contains all the shows I have added to my list. I also have an area called "My List" when I am at the home screen that is basically a horizontal line of icons containing the same items as in the "My List" section. I am not seeing anything that can be quantified as a Queue.
Old 04-19-22, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Holydoc
What is the My Watch List queue? I have an area called "My List" which contains all the shows I have added to my list. I also have an area called "My List" when I am at the home screen that is basically a horizontal line of icons containing the same items as in the "My List" section. I am not seeing anything that can be quantified as a Queue.
They mean the "Keep Watching" list. For TV series, it will show the episode you are currently watching, or the next episode (if you finished the previous episode). When you reach the end of all the available episodes, the series should disappear from the "Keep Watching" list. When a new episode is released, it should reappear in the "Keep Watching" list for that new episode.
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (04-19-22)
Old 04-19-22, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheBang
They mean the "Keep Watching" list. For TV series, it will show the episode you are currently watching, or the next episode (if you finished the previous episode). When you reach the end of all the available episodes, the series should disappear from the "Keep Watching" list. When a new episode is released, it should reappear in the "Keep Watching" list for that new episode.
Oh ok. I will check to see if my "Keep Watching" list works that way. If so, this will be a good way to determine if a new episode has been released. If this does work, I will have to remember to fast forward to the end of a show once I hit the credits. Typically, I have been exiting the show when credits appear. This habit may be causing it to stay on the "Keep Watching" list.

Thanks for giving me an option to try!

UPDATE: This process worked and only episodes that have not been watched are located in the "Keep Watching" list.

Last edited by Holydoc; 04-20-22 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-20-22, 08:48 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I got sent an email from Sportsline to get another free year, so hopefully that roles into another free year of Paramount+.
Old 04-30-22, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Subscribed again for my dad. He wanted to watch Halo and Picard S2.

And once again, another one month free trial! This is my third time subscribing and I have NOT paid a single time

All the free trial codes work for a single account, I can’t believe it.
Old 05-03-22, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
And once again, another one month free trial! This is my third time subscribing and I have NOT paid a single time
Yeah, I've been trialing/canceling for 8 months straight, and haven't paid anything. My wife won't let me stop because she's watching all the Drag Race episodes.
MLBFan24 (05-03-22)
Old 05-04-22, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

So i cancelled my monthly plan two days ago. Instead of cancelling my account, they upgraded me to the annual plan and billed me $49.95. when I contact their online help. they tell me there is nothing they can do.
Old 05-04-22, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
So i cancelled my monthly plan two days ago. Instead of cancelling my account, they upgraded me to the annual plan and billed me $49.95. when I contact their online help. they tell me there is nothing they can do.
So you planned to be out after Picard wraps? Strange New Worlds starts Thursday.
Old 05-04-22, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
I'm sure there's something your cc company can do, though.
Old 05-04-22, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
So you planned to be out after Picard wraps? Strange New Worlds starts Thursday.
I planned on signing back up for the monthly plan when I got back from vacation or signing up for the annual plan with the discount code. I never would pay full price for the annual plan. I don't know why they would change it without my permission. They tried to give me a 10% off the next month if I stayed, which I declined.
Old 05-04-22, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
I'm sure there's something your cc company can do, though.
I used a reloadable debit/credit card when I signed up. There's not even enough balance on there to pay for it. It just shows up as a pending debit on my account right now.
Old 05-19-22, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Last few weeks when i click a show to watch there's no audio. complete silence as the ads run going into the show, then the show is silent. I end up having to come out of the app and starting over sometimes more than once. So annoying...
Old 05-25-22, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

FYI: If you got in on the Sportsline 18mos deal last year and cancelled recently be on the lookout for a “6mos free offer” in your email. All I needed to do was send Sportsline an email asking for 6 more mos and they added it to my account. Good for me because I had no plans of renewing Paramount+ anyways.
Old 05-25-22, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

For the Roku ultra users, there is finally an update to the channel bringing back Dolby Vision and Atmos.
Deftones (05-25-22)
Old 06-18-22, 08:08 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Star Trek: First Contact is now in 4K on P+.
Old 07-15-22, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

There is no thread in TV Talk, so I will post here. Watched Joe Pickett. A spectrum show but Paramount picked it up. Sort of a modern western based on the Pickett books. It was good. Dragged a bit. Probably could have easily been 6-8 episodes, but enjoyable overall.
Old 07-15-22, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I signed up for the Amazon Prime $0.99/mo. deal. I’d like to see The Lost City and the various Star Trek franchises, but I haven’t seen a whole lot else to keep me beyond the cheap two months. Also, this is through Amazon channels, and Prime Video is my least favorite service interface. But we’ll see.
Old 07-15-22, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by davidh777
I signed up for the Amazon Prime $0.99/mo. deal. I’d like to see The Lost City and the various Star Trek franchises, but I haven’t seen a whole lot else to keep me beyond the cheap two months. Also, this is through Amazon channels, and Prime Video is my least favorite service interface. But we’ll see.
1883. Highly recommended. I don’t know if you like Westerns or not, but it’s a great show. And if you don’t watch Yellowstone you can still follow it just fine.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
Boondock Saint (07-15-22), davidh777 (07-15-22)
Old 07-15-22, 08:44 AM
Banned by request

Yellowstone was peak for me. I encourage people to see that one. 1883 if you end up loving Yellowstone. I love that show, but I stopped a few episodes in on 1883. It's a bit too much of the same thing.
Old 07-15-22, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by E Unit
Yellowstone was peak for me. I encourage people to see that one. 1883 if you end up loving Yellowstone. I love that show, but I stopped a few episodes in on 1883. It's a bit too much of the same thing.
I don't agree. Yellowstone and 1883 are nothing at all alike. Yellowstone is a soap opera on a ranch. 1883 while a prequel is a really well done Western survival story. And the story is self contained. I'm just recommending that David give it a shot since he has Paramount plus short term at least. Yellowstone isnt even on this service.
Old 07-15-22, 09:59 AM
Banned by request

I think they're very much alike in terms of story and the families. Sure one is straight survival, but so is Yellowstone on a different level. Survival of their legacy and ranch. I think 1883 is better than most shows in general, but again, if you love one, then you'll like the other really. 1883 is survival in literally every episode, so it wore on me after a while. Still odd Peacock has Yellowstone, but yeah I know about the rights issues. For the casual viewer, both pretty much hit the mark.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.