Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service

Old 03-15-21, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Old 03-16-21, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Wow, Paramount plus did not kick me out today like they did the last few days. Hopefully it sticks.
Old 03-25-21, 12:17 AM

Received 360 Likes on 262 Posts

Paramount+ Just Added a Ton of Classic Nickelodeon Content

Paramount+ just gave children of the ‘80s and ‘90s a whole new reason to subscribe. Oh sure, the streamer has Beavis and Butt-Head, The Daily Show, all the Star Trek you can handle. But it also just added almost every single classic Nickelodeon show from when you were growing up.

We’re talking Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, You Can’t Do That on Television, Clarissa Explains It All, Nick Arcade, Rugrats, Doug, Ahhh Real Monsters, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, All That, Eureeka’s Castle, Rocko’s Modern Life, and more.
Old 03-25-21, 08:20 AM
Premium Member

Received 633 Likes on 483 Posts

Heading over to watch You Can’t Do That on Television with Moose and the gang.
Old 03-25-21, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,048 Likes on 814 Posts

It's funny because a lot of that list was already there and had been on CBS Access for a while (and nobody cared). Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, YCDToT and I think Nick Arcade are all new.

I watched You Can't Do That on Television and while the nostalgia is there, that show, at least the one season that's on there, doesn't hold up all that well. But I love seeing old content. Also really weird to see young Mike O'Malley hosting Guts when he's also on Snowpiercer.
Old 03-25-21, 01:57 PM

I wish they'd get more of the classic MTV shows. Stuff like Remote Control, Fear, and Singled Out.
Old 03-25-21, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 702 Likes on 575 Posts

Cancelled my trial today. Just wasnít using it really and donít want to get charged.
Old 03-25-21, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Dooooh, I heard that!
That's what I'm afraid of. It's possible many of those are very dated.
I would check out Clarissa, Remote Control, YCDTOTV, Doug, Rocko, Alex Mack, 120 Min, Headbanger's Ball, B&B (does it include videos?)
I found an episode of Remote Control on Youtube and while Colin Quinn and the host (forget his name) were entertaining, it's definitely not a show I would need to watch a lot of.
But it'd be fun to revisit some of them a couple times.

Old 03-25-21, 02:22 PM

Received 2,649 Likes on 1,814 Posts

They did have a lot of those previously, but not all the seasons. I know only the first three seasons of Clarissa were available, but now all five are there.
Old 03-25-21, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

My Paramount plus account has been stable for well over a week now. So I think I'm good with it and the $10 I paid via Sportsline until next summer (2022) I'll re-evaluate then if I want to keep it with their regular prices then based on any improvements and newer content.
Old 03-30-21, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 652 Likes on 507 Posts

So there's some bullshit going on with Paramount+ and being able to stream any episode that just aired within the last couple of days. I caught up on Clarice and wanted to start on episode 7, which aired 3/26. Now when I click on it there's a tab asking me to open it and to pick which app to download to my Apple TV 4K. there's a Paramount+ and CBS All Access app. It's weird because I'm already subscribed to Paramount+ via the Apple TV channels deal. I have Paramount+ and Showtime via Apple TV Channels for $9.99. A buddy was trying to watch the newest episode of something called "No Activity" and also got the same prompt.

Dafuq?
Old 03-30-21, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 243 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
So there's some bullshit going on with Paramount+ and being able to stream any episode that just aired within the last couple of days. I caught up on Clarice and wanted to start on episode 7, which aired 3/26. Now when I click on it there's a tab asking me to open it and to pick which app to download to my Apple TV 4K. there's a Paramount+ and CBS All Access app. It's weird because I'm already subscribed to Paramount+ via the Apple TV channels deal. I have Paramount+ and Showtime via Apple TV Channels for $9.99. A buddy was trying to watch the newest episode of something called "No Activity" and also got the same prompt.

Dafuq?
I only see 5 episodes of Clarice on the Paramount + website.
Old 03-30-21, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I only see 5 episodes of Clarice on the Paramount + website.

Weird, because I just watched episode 6 today on my Apple TV 4K today. Or at least I thought I did. I googled it and looks like Clarice has been a rerun for the last two weeks or so. I wonder if that tricked the system somehow?

I know I didn't hallucinate the whole thing either.

EDIT - I had taken a picture of the tv screen with the app prompt and the next episode I was supposed to watch was called "The Ugly Truth."

Old 03-30-21, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok, I see what the confusion is. In the Apple TV4K menu of Clarice. Episode 5 is Get Right With God. It has an airdate of 3/11. There is no thumbnail for Episdoe 6, which is called How Does It Feel To Be So Beautiful. I do see the thumbnail for episode 7, which is called Ugly Truth. It has the detective shaking another guy's hand. The airdate for that says 3/26.

I'm thinking something got screwed up in uploading the menus shots since the last two weeks have been reruns. Granted, this doesn't show up online or even in the Apple TV Channels portion on my laptop. It does show up on my Apple TV4K, though.
Old 04-02-21, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
I wish they'd get more of the classic MTV shows. Stuff like Remote Control, Fear, and Singled Out.
Would imagine they just don't think anything is popular/profitable enough to go through shows and recut/redub it with stock music scores and even they might not have the legal clearances to reedit some of their old content. If popular scripted content like Daria and The Wonder Years took forever to get on streamers and dvd,would imagine things of their time that haven't been seen forever would be viewed as aftethought.
Old 04-24-21, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service

i just got this the other day and how long does take for the newly or weekly shows to go up on Paramount+?
Old 04-24-21, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 103 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by lacubs View Post
i just got this the other day and how long does take for the newly or weekly shows to go up on Paramount+?
The CBS programs usually are available the day after they air.
Old 04-24-21, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
I have the $9.99 subscription and I can watch CBS shows about two hours after the Pacific Coast airing via the app and Apple TV channel.
Old 04-24-21, 08:01 PM

the reason I asked is because they don't have the newest FBI show from this week yet and I was looking for it earlier
Old 04-24-21, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lacubs View Post
the reason I asked is because they don't have the newest FBI show from this week yet and I was looking for it earlier
It didn't air this week. CBS aired a news special on the Derek Chauvin verdict that night and aired repeats at 8 and 9pm. The news special aired at 10pm.
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (04-24-21)
Old 04-24-21, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It didn't air this week. CBS aired a news special on the Derek Chauvin verdict that night and aired repeats at 8 and 9pm. The news special aired at 10pm.
thanks, DJ, just saw it in my DVR,, and just had thought it came on this
Old 04-26-21, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 103 Likes on 81 Posts

While I am inconvenienced by the lack of watchlists, and the clunky keep watching, I don't know if it leads me this much disdain.

https://www.tomsguide.com/amp/opinio...-hulu-with-ads
Old 04-26-21, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,048 Likes on 814 Posts

While I am inconvenienced by the lack of watchlists, and the clunky keep watching, I don't know if it leads me this much disdain.

https://www.tomsguide.com/amp/opinio...-hulu-with-ads
There's some confusion there. For instance, Kamp Koral is not the Spongebob movie, it's the exclusive series, so it make sense it's still in trending.

That said, it is certainly my least used service (well tied with... hulu with ads)
Old 05-06-21, 11:55 AM

Received 2,649 Likes on 1,814 Posts

ViacomCBS has big movie plans for its streaming service Paramount+.

Infinite, a sci-fi thriller starring Mark Wahlberg and Chiwetel Ejiofor and directed by Antoine Fuqua for the conglomerate’s Paramount Pictures, will bypass a theatrical release and debut directly on the streamer in the U.S. in late June, CEO Bob Bakish announced on Thursday’s ViacomCBS first-quarter earnings conference call.

ViacomCBS is following the suit of other major studios that are trying to promote their streaming services by sending new movie straight to streaming, although the company has previously stressed that it continues to support a robust theatrical release for many of its biggest titles, at least for six weeks. Infinite, like many other films, was initially supposed to open on the big screen in 2020 but was waylaid by the pandemic. Bakish said Infinite would “create a lot of noise – I have seen the film, it’s a fun film. People love Mark Wahlberg.”

The company did not immediately detail the international distribution plan for Infinite.

Bakish also touted a planned expansion of Paramount+’s film catalog this summer, along with a planned “Mountain of Movies” advertising campaign.

“Turning to movies where we are poised to dramatically enhance the scale of our offering,” Bakish said. “In fact, we will shortly kick off a ‘Mountain of Movies’ marketing campaign, where we will highlight the thousands of new movies we are adding to Paramount+, including blockbuster hits and exclusive originals.”

The CEO said 1,000 additional movies will go live on the streamer in early June, “with additional titles following through July, bringing the total to over 2,500.” He added: “Hits like The Avengers and Skyfall will be available on the service soon, as well as a bunch of great Paramount films like Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Rocketman, Sonic the Hedgehog and more.” Paramount in February unveiled a new deal with Epix that also gives the studio more flexibility in its post-theatrical windowing strategy, allowing for new and library titles to become available on Paramount+.

Bakish reaffirmed John Krasinki’s A Quiet Place Part II will be available on the streamer 45 days after it opens in theaters over Memorial Day. “And we will follow that with the Paw Patrol movie – a treat for families eagerly awaiting a feature-length version of the most popular pre-school characters in the world. In addition, new original movies like Paranormal Activity, and The In Between will premiere on Paramount+ by the end of ’21.”

In 2022, Paramount hopes to further strengthen its original film offerings, with Bakish saying “all of this is a preview to a substantial ramping up of original movies next year, when we expect to begin averaging an original movie a week in 2022.”

He didn’t immediately share full details, but responded to a question on the earnings call by saying that these movies would include around a dozen “short-window pay 1” films. “The original movie per week will be an exciting movie per week, the CEO continued. “It will be a range of different kinds of movies,” including blockbusters, made-for-Paramount+ films from Paramount Players banner and “other studio operations we have, including Nickelodeon” and Awesomeness. Management had in the past signaled it would tap into content and units across ViacomCBS to feed Paramount+.

Wrapping up his comments on the Paramount+ movie push, Bakish concluded: “We will have more on this in the months ahead.” And he emphasized: “People love movies.”
BackStJoe (05-06-21)
Old 05-06-21, 02:19 PM

I just want a Watchlist. It's difficult to use this service without one. It's going to be impossible when they add another 2000 movies.
Deftones (05-06-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.