Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-20, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Yep did the same to me.

Set up a calendar notice to cancel at the end of May but I’m now set to have a payment go through on May 2nd instead of June 2nd.
Old 04-10-20, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

I should have taken a screen shot, not that it would have mattered with the actual 2 free months on the account.

DC Universe did a similar thing when after it debuted.
I had to call them to get a $20 credit re-added to my account.
Old 04-13-20, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Is the current one month free running from now until April 23rd, or if I don't use the code until April 22nd will it run until May 22nd ? I want to watch the Star Trek stuff but I'm knee deep in other shows right now, so if I need to drop those to get Star Trek done by the 23rd I will do so. Thanks !
Old 04-13-20, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Phodg
Is the current one month free running from now until April 23rd, or if I don't use the code until April 22nd will it run until May 22nd ? I want to watch the Star Trek stuff but I'm knee deep in other shows right now, so if I need to drop those to get Star Trek done by the 23rd I will do so. Thanks !
CBS could pull the code at anytime. I signed up a few days after the code went live and got a full month after that.
Old 05-08-20, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

CBS All Access 30 day free trial code: "ALL" good to 5/10
Old 05-10-20, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/via...er-1234600528/

CBS All-Access is going to get an overhaul this summer. It looks like it's going to be rebranded and they will add more movies and other Viacom entities to it.

CBS All Access will see a user-interface overhaul this summer in preparation for a relaunch with a new name farther down the road. As of Thursday, 100 titles from Paramount Pictures vast film library, including “The Godfather” trilogy, will be made available to CBS All Access subscribers.

CBS Corp. was a pioneer among traditional entertainment giants in taking the network and its library over the top in October 2014. The makeover plan under way calls for the service to add more current and library shows from ViacomCBS cable brands such as Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET, Smithsonian, MTV and Paramount Network. Those brands will also produce original content for the expanded All Access down the road, Bakish said.
Old 06-17-20, 06:31 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

ViacomCBS CEO Talks CBS All Access Reboot to Create "Super Service"

ViacomCBS CEO Bob Bakish detailed changes to CBS All Access, including 15,000 hours of new Viacom and CBS programming and sports content, as he discussed a planned relaunch in 2021 of the streaming service on Tuesday.

"The second part of our strategy is to transform All Access into a super service," Bakish told the Credit Suisse Annual Virtual Communications Conference during a session that was webcast. As ViacomCBS drives deeper into the streaming space, including with other offerings like Pluto TV and Showtime OTT, planned changes to CBS All Access include new programming from Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, the Smithsonian Networks and Paramount Network.

Bakish added his Hollywood studio will add another 15,000 hours of on-demand TV and film content to All Access on top of the 15,000 hours of content already on the streaming service. "We have a good position in the older segment with the current All Access product, but this really brings a lot of young audience to the table," he insisted.

All Access will also gain a "critical mass of live sports" content, including PGA golf and NFL games, to be added to the existing array of sci-fi, comedy, reality TV, kids and procedural programming. In February, Bakish first talked about a "House of Brands" streaming service to grow the CBS All Access service by adding content from both Viacom and CBS.
Old 06-17-20, 06:58 PM

One Month Free

Use Promo Code: JUNEBINGE

Expires 6/25
Old 06-17-20, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I'll subscribe if they all the seasons of the Real World, Road Rules, and The Challenge so I can rewatch them without commercials.
Old 08-05-20, 08:04 PM

Here's a new One-Month Free Trial. It works on both the Limited Commercials and Commercial Free plans.

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/?cbscidmt=lowerdecks
Old 08-05-20, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Here's a new One-Month Free Trial. It works on both the Limited Commercials and Commercial Free plans.

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/?cbscidmt=lowerdecks
Just finished the last code for a free Free Month. When canceling I accepted the 2 months at 50% off. So unfortunately I cannot add the promo to our account.

We did notice last time we opened the app on our Roku, they've added more content.
Old 08-14-20, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Sounds like this may be rebranded to Paramount+ from a rumor i read. Basically the CBS name trends old.
Old 08-15-20, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Sounds like this may be rebranded to Paramount+ from a rumor i read. Basically the CBS name trends old.
Interesting they'd pick Paramount+ while Warner Brothers went with HBOMAX and Universal went with Peacock. So this would be similar to Disney+ which is more successful. Following suite it might have been better to brand HBOMAX as WB+ and Peacock as Universal+.
Old 08-15-20, 11:21 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I wonder if it trends old as you say, or that so many people bitch and complain that CBS "should be free!"

I'm fine with rebranding it Paramount+ as long as they keep the new Star Trek stuff rolling, I'm in.
Old 08-16-20, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
or that so many people bitch and complain that CBS "should be free!".
Man do I get tired of seeing that complaint
The following users liked this post:
BackStJoe (08-17-20)
Old 08-16-20, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by stingermck
I don't get why people shit on CBS so much. So they make mostly action procedurals? Why is that bad and why does that scream old?

and why should they make their back catalog of shows free? Just because its on network TV? I don't see people bitching and complaining about paying for NBC, ABC and FOX shows on Hulu, which is a service that you have to pay for.
The following users liked this post:
BackStJoe (08-17-20)
Old 08-16-20, 08:00 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I think it’s sheer volume at this point. Most of those services you mention like Hulu where you get way more in addition to the typical stuff you see on CBS and the other nertworks. I don’t shit on them or anything like that, but I want to spend the least to get the most. Also, I have only so many hours during the day, and maybe 2-4 hours in the evening to sit and watch TV.

My wife and I have recently made it a point to just make a list on an app of the shows we want to eventually see. When we subscribe to that service if we need to and spend money for a month or two and watch those.
Old 08-17-20, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

I subscribed for a one month free plan for the first time to watch the Big Brother All Star feeds (since they conveniently got rid of After Dark).

Is there a way to "favorite" or bookmark shows? I know initially it asked me to pick three shows so apparently there's some algorithm on what it shows but I looked at individual shows and don't see any kind of star or anything.

Also what happens if I connect my tv provider, if I'm already paying?
Old 08-17-20, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I signed up for the commercial free plan to watch the older seasons of The Challenge that were added. The user interface is pretty bad. There are also lots of editing/uploading errors on the early seasons of The Challenge. Some episodes are missing. Segments are edited on twice. I even saw production slates pop up. I called customer support to let them know about it a couple weeks ago and nothing has been fixed.
Old 08-17-20, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
I only paid for it for a month. Nearly every time I tried to cancel, they offer me another free month. If not I just cancel and get a free month offer within a week. So basically it is free.
Old 08-17-20, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Does anyone else continue to get glitches trying to watch shows? Sometimes I'll get the same commercial play 5-7 times before it goes to the next commercial or back to the show. Sometimes when I try to watch a show, a commercial will play before the show starts, but after the commercial it jumps to load the next episode and plays a commercial before that episode will start. Then it won't even play that episode and it jumps to the next one, etc. Sometimes I have to reset the app a number of times before the episode I want to watch will play.
Old 08-17-20, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

I don't get why they'd license out stuff like Avatar, Legend of Korra, and a bunch of Nick shows to Netflix instead of trying to get more people on their own app. I found this article which kind of explains it:
Similar to NBCUniversal (Peacock) and WarnerMedia (HBO Max), ViacomCBS owns an impressive amount of IP. If ViacomCBS can license a show like The Legend of Korra to Netflix for an attractive price, it makes sense for ViacomCBS to give up the show for a certain window of time. In this particular deal, ViacomCBS doesn’t have to give up the show at all.

Licensing is an aspect of ViacomCBS’s streaming business that CEO Bob Bakish has addressed multiple times in the past. Bakish told people gathered at the Credit Suisse Virtual Communications Conference in June that ViacomCBS “will not license critical mass of any of our key programming areas — areas like sci-fi, kids or procedurals — to any single player,according to Deadline. Bakish added that the company “will prioritize franchise IP to our owned and operated platforms.”

That’s kind of true, but ViacomCBS has ongoing relationships with Netflix — the streamer is making a new Spongebob Squarepants spinoff — and ViacomCBS is also licensing some of its titles to competitors like Peacock. Earlier in the year, Bakish told analysts on an earnings call that the company’s “strategy is to maximize the value of content by reaching the largest addressable audience,” as reported by CNBC. That means looking at IP on a case-by-case basis. Star Trek is unlikely to end up on Netflix (although shows are added to other streamers like Amazon Prime Video), for example. But licensing out The Legend of Korra might make more strategic sense for ViacomCBS — and Netflix.
This doesn't make sense to me, it's like they have no faith in their own streaming offering. This doesn't seem to be a deal that predates All Access either. I guess it's a way better deal for the consumer though.
Old 08-17-20, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

All of that stuff was done well before Viacom and CBS merged, iirc.
Old 08-17-20, 12:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The one complaint I have about CBS is that some seasons of shows they only have a few episodes, in particular sometimes they only have one part of a two-parter, which makes no sense at all.
Old 08-17-20, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Defiant
The one complaint I have about CBS is that some seasons of shows they only have a few episodes, in particular sometimes they only have one part of a two-parter, which makes no sense at all.
It depends on the series and how it's licensed. Some series CBS All-Access cannot get the entire rights for, so they only post what they can get. Some episodes have music rights clearance issues, so that may not allow them to be posted for online streaming as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.