DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Streaming Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/)
-   -   Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/622999-paramount-showtime-viacomcbs-streaming-service.html)

Giantrobo 08-28-19 04:24 PM

re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Worked for me. Thanks! :up:

Eric F 08-28-19 06:07 PM

re: Paramount+ (formerly CBS All-Access) - ViacomCBS streaming service - rebrand 3/4/21

Does the app support surround sound yet on any platform?

stingermck 08-28-19 06:22 PM

Thanks, I was a couple of days away from billing. So far only paid for 1 month this summer for Big Brother.

IDrinkMolson 08-28-19 06:51 PM

Huh. I tried it before I posted and didn't work.
I get: This code is not valid. Please try again.

I assume you enter under Coupon Code
I'm on annual commercial free.

I think I asked this with the last code, but did anyone get it to work on Annual/Commercial free?

b2net 08-28-19 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 13599819)
Does the app support surround sound yet on any platform?

Depends on your streaming device. We are using Roku and get Dolby Digital sometimes and not other times.

b2net 08-28-19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson (Post 13599841)
Huh. I tried it before I posted and didn't work.
I get: This code is not valid. Please try again.

I assume you enter under Coupon Code
I'm on annual commercial free.

I think I asked this with the last code, but did anyone get it to work on Annual/Commercial free?

I don't have a selection for a Coupon Code right now. Must be since we are in month one of the 50% off for 2 months promo.

IDrinkMolson 09-09-19 06:17 AM

1 Month Free with code CBSNFL

good through 09/15

b2net 09-09-19 02:28 PM

Ugh. I still do not have a place in may account settings to enter a code as I am in month 2 of 50% off for 2 months. Hopefully there will be codes for after we've moved back to full price. Otherwise, we'll likely cancel and wait till another time to re subscribe.

DJariya 09-09-19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13599664)
That code does work for current subscriptions. So I won't billed until October.

Those little freebie codes are nice to have every now and then.

Son of a bitch! I think they killed the coupon code area and nixed my last code. Shows I will be billed on the 14th.

Bastards! :lol: I guess they are nixing coupon codes for current members.

Deftones 09-11-19 04:00 PM

I didn't see a thread about this on TV talk so I'll put this here:

Alexander Skarsgard Is Flagg In "The Stand" - Dark Horizons

Emmy and Golden Globe winner Alexander Skarsgard is set to play the villain Randall Flagg in CBS All Access’ upcoming series adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Stand”. In addition, Whoopi Goldberg has completed negotiations and officially joined the cast as Mother Abagail.

James Marsden will play Stu Redman, a Texan who is the first man discovered to be immune to the Captain Trips virus that has ravaged the planet. He eventually becomes a leader in a community known as the Free Zone and is tasked with confronting the evil Randall Flagg (Skarsgard).

Amber Heard is Nadine Cross, a private school teacher and a virgin who believes she has a unique destiny to be by Flagg’s side. Goldberg is Mother Abagail, who is immune to the superflu and leads the ‘good’ survivors of the plague toward Boulder, Colorado. She also claims to be a prophet of God.

Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear is Glen Bateman, an arthritis-afflicted professor who joins Stu on his journey to meet Mother Abagail. Odessa Young is Frannie Goldsmith, a pregnant woman who leaves her devastated community with a man named Harold Lauder (Owen Teague), but ends up falling in love with Stu.

Henry Zaga is Nick Andros, a young, deaf-mute grifter. Jovan Adepo is Larry Underwood, a young musician with a taste for fame and illegal substances. Brad William Henke is Tom Cullen, Andros’ travelling companion and a sweet but developmentally challenged man. Daniel Sunjata is Cobb, a military man charged with supervising Stu.

The project hails from writers Josh Boone and Ben Cavell with Boone set to direct. Boone, Roy Lee, Jimmy Miller, Richard P. Rubinstein, and Cavell will executive produce.

King wrote the tenth and final episode of the series which will reportedly include a new ‘coda’ to the story that wasn’t part of the author’s novel.

DJariya 09-11-19 04:19 PM

There is a thread for The Stand

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/58...osh-boone.html

Deftones 09-11-19 07:08 PM

Search sucks then

Mike86 12-21-19 01:52 PM

There’s an offer currently for a month of this service free if you use the promo code FROSTY by December 26th. I’m not sure if it’s a mass offer or one I got to incentivize me to rejoin as I had it a few months ago and cancelled. Only really got it because Star Trek: Picard starts soon. I’ll keep it through the duration of that show being on and most likely will cancel afterwards.

Giantrobo 12-23-19 04:02 PM

I'm a current monthly subscriber and it worked for me. Thanks. :up:

dex14 01-16-20 09:34 AM

CBS All Access, CBS' digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced plans for three new original children's series from DreamWorks Animation's Classic Media. Beginning Friday, Jan. 17, subscribers will be able to stream all-new editions of LASSIE, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE and MR. MAGOO. The announcement was made by Marc DeBevoise, Chief Digital Officer, ViacomCBS, and President and CEO, CBS Interactive, during CBS All Access' biannual presentation to the Television Critics Association. "We've seen a tremendous response from our subscribers in just the few months since CBS All Access began offering children's programming," said Marc DeBevoise. "Bringing new editions of legendary classics like LASSIE, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE and MR. MAGOO to the service is a fantastic benchmark for CBS All Access, and we look forward to continuing to expand our offering for families."

Mike86 01-16-20 10:52 AM

I’d check out Lassie if it was a live action series or movie. An animated version I don’t care as much about. The other two lend themselves to be animated more if you ask me but I’m not interested in them really.

DJariya 01-16-20 10:58 AM

I saw a promo on YouTube that CBS All Access is going to produce a nightly animated newscast that will be topical with the days current events.

That might suck or be moderately entertaining. I believe it’s going for a tongue and cheek tone.

Edit: Here's the promo. It's called "Tooning out the news"

Deftones 01-19-20 12:42 PM

Use code January for 1 month free if you resubscribe. Good until 01/27/20. Just got email.

SunMonkey 01-23-20 10:33 AM

^ even works for the commercial free option :up:

b2net 01-23-20 02:28 PM

As we have a promo month right now I was unable to enter the code. I did however click the cancel subscription (very early). It popped up offering a free month. I took that for us. When I check our account though it doesn't show a free month. Rather it shows 50% off for 2 months. In essence the same $$ but spread out requiring payment.

Would be nice to be able to add promos while in a promo period.

SunMonkey 01-23-20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13675959)
As we have a promo month right now I was unable to enter the code. I did however click the cancel subscription (very early). It popped up offering a free month. I took that for us. When I check our account though it doesn't show a free month. Rather it shows 50% off for 2 months. In essence the same $$ but spread out requiring payment.

Would be nice to be able to add promos while in a promo period.

Be careful to check your bill after the first month is over. Even though everything showed the second free month on my account, they still charged me for it. And when I complained, they eventually refunded the fee, but killed the remainder of the month.

mphtrilogy 01-26-20 09:32 AM

I couldn't wait any longer and signed up for Picard with the free month
how bad are the commercials for the $5.99 rate? For now I signed up for the $9.99 a month rate

TGM 01-26-20 09:33 AM

the commercials are commercials... like 3 breaks of 2 commercials each. sucks but isn't worth the extra $ to avoid

mphtrilogy 01-26-20 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13677121)
the commercials are commercials... like 3 breaks of 2 commercials each. sucks but isn't worth the extra $ to avoid

thanks, maybe I will downgrade to finish up the series and finish up discovery...

movieguru 01-27-20 11:29 PM

CBS All Access on an Amazon Fire Tablet??

Is there a way to watch CBS All access shows on an Amazon Fire Tablet? I just subscribed to CBS All Access directly from CBS and I can watch it fine through my Roku's on my tv's, but for some reason I can't watch them on my Fire Tablet. I can log into my CBS account on the Fire Tablet, but once I go to play a show, it just says "content not available". It seems like the Fire Tablet is blocking the site for some reason, maybe because I didn't subscribe to CBS All Access though amazon Prime Channels but I'm not sure.