DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Streaming Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/)
-   -   How much do you spend on streaming services? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/622160-how-much-do-you-spend-streaming-services.html)

TheBigDave 09-06-14 03:15 AM

How much do you spend on streaming services?

So, how much do you spend each month for streaming services?

I currently spend $36.72.

Netflix - $7.99
WWE Network - $9.99
Crunchyroll - $8.33 ($99.95/year)
Funimation - $4.58 ($54.95/year)
Full Moon Streaming - $5.83 ($35/6-mos)

That's not counting Amazon Prime which runs $8.25/month, because my primary reason for subscribing is the free shipping. But that would bring my monthly total up to $44.97.

I also buy a couple movies at Vudu/iTunes each month. If you count that it would easily be over $100.

Quack 09-06-14 03:23 AM

Re: How much do you spend on streaming services?

Netflix - $7.99
WWE Network - $9.99
Amazon Prime - $8.25

$26.23, not too bad.

GatorDeb 09-06-14 04:00 AM

Netflix $7.99/mo + Amazon Prime $99 a year but I don't use Amazon for streaming, I use it just for the shipping. Pea protein, protein bars, gels, supplements, I buy A LOT from them just in consumables. And I buy A LOT of orders that are $20 or less.

RichC2 09-06-14 11:44 AM

I have Prime but don't really count it because I rarely use it (seriously Amazon, update your lousy non-Fire interfaces)

Netflix: ~ $8.64
Hulu: ~$7.99
Spotify: $4.99 (Student Discount)
Amazon Student Prime: $49.99/annual ($4.17/mo)

So about $25.17 a month.

LorenzoL 09-06-14 08:04 PM

I have the following:
Netflix - $7.99
Hulu Plus - $7.99
VPN Service - $4.99 per month

I used to have the WWE network but I just don't watch it enough to justify the subscription.

The VPN is absolutely necessary for me in order to stream Hulu Plus here in Canada. Also with the VPN, I'm able to stream Netflix for the following countries besides Canada: US, UK, Mexico, Ireland, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia. That gives me enough movies and TV shows to keep me occupied. I find Netflix Sweden to be really good. It might be better than the US in regards to streaming newer movies.

DJariya 09-06-14 08:41 PM

Per month

Netflix= $7.99
Hulu Plus= $7.99
Amazon Prime= $85.32 (2013 to 2014) = Will probably renew for the $99 + tax fee for 2014 to 2015

I had Full Moon streaming for roughly 4 months, but decided not to continue since I wasn't watching it enough to make it worth it.

Occasionally I'll purchase some a la carte titles from Amazon, Target Ticket or XBox video.

This is all supplemental. I mainly watch stuff with my Directv subscription.

DJariya 09-06-14 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12224537)
I have the following:
Netflix - $7.99
Hulu Plus - $7.99

I used to have the WWE network but I just don't watch it enough to justify the subscription.

The VPN is absolutely necessary for me in order to stream Hulu Plus here in Canada. Also with the VPN, I'm able to stream Netflix for the following countries besides Canada: US, UK, Mexico, Ireland, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia. That gives me enough movies and TV shows to keep me occupied. I find Netflix Sweden to be really good. It might be better than the US in regards to streaming newer movies.

I'm confused. Are you paying the monthly costs for all those Netflix foreign services in addition to Canada? That's a lot of money if you do. Wouldn't you have to sign up for separate accounts for each one? How does the VPN enable you to have access to all those if you're only paying 1 subscription fee? Isn't each one their own separate entity?

LorenzoL 09-06-14 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12224563)
I'm confused. Are you paying the monthly costs for all those Netflix foreign services in addition to Canada? That's a lot of money if you do. Wouldn't you have to sign up for separate accounts for each one? How does the VPN enable you to have access to all those if you're only paying 1 subscription fee? Isn't each one their own separate entity?

No. One subscription fee. As long as you have one Netflix account (like the Canadian that I have), using a VPN service, I can browse through all of the other countries content.

RichC2 09-08-14 07:43 AM

Yeah, one Netflix account works anywhere in the world, it's why Hola is/was popular.

darkside 09-08-14 09:28 PM

WWE $9.99
Netflix $7.99
Warner Archive $6.37 (bought a year with 10% off comicon coupon)

I had two months of Hulu Plus free with my Roku and will probably continue it for a bit with the new TV season starting. I ended up watching the entire Ellery Queen TV show the past couple of weeks so that saved me about $35 buying the DVD set.

If I add Hulu Plus I will be around $32.34.

Warner Archive continues to be a huge disappointment. Its hard to find enough content a month worth watching to justify the cost. I will definitely drop that one again once the year is up.

Netflix and WWE are the big winners for me. Worth way more than their monthly cost.

shadokitty 09-09-14 12:21 PM

I enjoy racing, so I have MotorSportWorld.TV for 4.99/month
Netflix: 7.99
NHL Gamecenter 19.99
Normally WWE Network, but had to let it lapse this month due to unexpected bills.
Hulu Plus this month due to the Criterion Challenge, but getting a free month when the gift card is processed.

Shannon Nutt 09-09-14 01:51 PM

$7.99 for Netflix
$7.99 for Hulu

That's it. I do have Amazon Prime ($99), but I never use their streaming, so I guess add another $8.25 per month if you want.

davidh777 09-09-14 01:54 PM

Amazon Prime. Don't have Netflix streaming. I'm on a Hulu Plus trial but don't intend to continue.

gordon2 09-12-14 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12224537)
I have the following:
Netflix - $7.99
Hulu Plus - $7.99

You are using the VPN to hide (shift) your location, right? I'm looking to stream hockey games but they are blacked out locally, so I was thinking about doing this. Do you have a service you would recommend?

Quack 09-12-14 11:51 AM

Also forgot that I have MLB.tv account as well, so that was I think $129 for a season.

EddieMoney 09-12-14 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by gordon2 (Post 12231702)
You are using the VPN to hide (shift) your location, right? I'm looking to stream hockey games but they are blacked out locally, so I was thinking about doing this. Do you have a service you would recommend?

unblock-us.com is what I use. Easy as pie.

LorenzoL 09-12-14 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by gordon2 (Post 12231702)

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12231815)

:up: I use the same service.

Heat 09-15-14 12:23 AM

Right now just Netflix ($7.99 / month), though I have considered Spanish programming, TV Mia, at $20 / month.

http://www.tvmia.com/programacion

hanshotfirst1138 09-16-14 11:20 PM

Just Netflix at the moment, though I'm seriously consdiering just taking the plunge and getting all three with it, Hulu, and Prime.

mndtrp 09-17-14 10:21 AM

Netflix @ $8/month.

I don't even have time for that, so I don't see it changing any time soon.

jjcool 09-17-14 11:35 AM

Just the WWE network. Not sure how much it is a month, though. Anyone know?

printerati 09-17-14 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 12237755)
Just the WWE network. Not sure how much it is a month, though. Anyone know?

I would feel ripped off even if it was free. ;)

With Netflix, Hulu+, and Amazon Prime (student), we're a little over $20/month. However, we didn't get Prime for the streaming, and only use it for a couple of shows our toddler likes (maybe 2-3 hours a month).

cultshock 09-18-14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12231815)

Yep, I've been using it for over a year now, it's great.

writer106 09-22-14 08:46 PM

$8 for Netflix.

I have access to Amazon Prime because my fiance has been a subscriber for a few years now.

Heat 11-30-14 02:12 PM

I also use Amazon Instant Video - when I buy TV shows I but it through Amazon.

Walking Dead, Homeland, Orphan Black, etc. I only buy two or three TV seasons per year, and in SD (looks fine on my 46" TV).