Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Hulu -- News and Notable New additions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-18, 07:04 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts
Re: Hulu -- News and Notable New additions

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just noticed that The Killing (old AMC series that was saved by Netflix) is now on Hulu.

and I checked Netflix and it appears to no longer be on there.
that's weird. i bought them on Vudu bc i loved the show, but even the Netflix seasons are on Hulu?
Old 12-28-18, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Letterkenny Seasons 3 - 6 (+ specials) were added.

For all your Canadian hillbilly needs.

Last edited by RichC2; 12-28-18 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-28-18, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
that's weird. i bought them on Vudu bc i loved the show, but even the Netflix seasons are on Hulu?
Yes, the 4th and final season, which Netflix paid for is now on Hulu as well.

FOX produced the show and I guess the license with Netflix expired.
Old 01-20-19, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just made it through 2 seasons of Future Man, I seriously hope we get a season 3.
Old 01-22-19, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Some fucker tried to hack my Hulu account tonight. Got an email notice that someone logged in on an Android device from Nabulus. Anyways, I logged into my account, removed the fuckers device and a bunch of others I haven’t used in ages and then changed my password. Also changed my bank log in password as well.

very concerning that their security may be compromised.
Old 01-22-19, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Some fucker tried to hack my Hulu account tonight. Got an email notice that someone logged in on an Android device from Nabulus. Anyways, I logged into my account, removed the fuckers device and a bunch of others I haven’t used in ages and then changed my password. Also changed my bank log in password as well.

Could just be someone using a password generating program that guesses tens of thousands of password combo's to steal peoples hulu,netflix etc. Basically any password that uses a name or something simple like Pizzza123 can be hacked if your email address is known.
Old 01-22-19, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

Do you use the same email and password for multiple sites? If so another one of your accounts may have been compromised and they are just logging in to multiple websites to see what accounts they can get access to. You should search your email on haveibeenpwned.com to see if you have other accounts compromised.
Old 01-23-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks like beating Netflix to the punch on Fyre Festival documentaries was just the first strike. Hey, if aggressively going after Netflix means I pay less for Hulu, I'm all for it.

Hulu to drop the price of its basic plan
By Jill Disis, CNN Business
Updated 1:09 PM ET, Wed January 23, 2019
New York (CNN Business) Hulu has dropped the price of its cheapest package by $2 — just a week after competitor Netflix raised prices for its services.

Hulu's basic plan, which includes ads, will cost $6 per month starting February 26, the company announced Wednesday.
The streamer also said that it will raise the price of its Live TV plan to $45 per month, a $5 increase. The price of its on-demand plan without ads will remain the same at $12.

Wednesday's news comes in the wake of Netflix's(NFLX) decision to raise prices in the United States. All three of that company's plans will increase in price by $1-$2, which means the most basic version of Netflix will cost $9. Unlike Hulu, Netflix does not have ads on any of its plans, nor does it offer a service with live TV.Hulu has spent the last year focusing on domestic subscription growth. The company announced earlier this year that it added eight million new subscribers in 2018, bringing its total to 25 million. It also grew advertising revenue to nearly $1.5 billion last year, the most in the service's history.
The company's gains in the United States last year were actually larger than Netflix's — the latter streamer added about 5.7 million paid domestic subscribers, according to it most recent earnings report.

Still, Hulu is nowhere close to passing Netflix, which says it has roughly 58 million paid subscribers stateside. Unlike Hulu, Netflix has global reach — and with that, about 139 million paid subscribers overall.Netflix stock, though, has struggled since the company last reported quarterly results. Shares were down another 1% mid-Wednesday.

Hulu is owned in part by Disney (DIS), which will increase its stake to 60% after its deal for most of 21st Century Fox closes. Comcast (CMCSA) owns 30%, and AT&T's (T) WarnerMedia owns the remaining 10%. WarnerMedia is also the parent company of CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/media...ase/index.html
Old 01-24-19, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Shame the only service I get from them (Commercial-free) isn't budging.
Old 01-24-19, 09:12 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I was thinking of switching to Live TV, actually, but not with that price hike. Ugh.

I find I use Hulu more than any other offering (Netflix, Amazon, etc.) but I'm OK with the commercials for the most part. Sometimes, on my LG TV, the commercials don't even load when they're supposed to, so it's like I'm getting the commercial-free option for no extra charge
Old 01-24-19, 09:39 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

They offered me the commercial plan for 2 years at $5.99 last year, so I've been doing that. The commercials are minimal so I don't mind too much. I use it the least so $6/mo isn't bad to have as a supplement.
Old 02-13-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

The 2018 documentary "Whitney" about the life and death of Whitney Houston is now on Hulu. It came out in theatres last summer in limited release. I saw it back then and it's a damn good film. If you enjoyed her work, it's a really good watch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hmoDWLnT4gU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whitney Houston broke more music industry records than any other female singer in history. With over 200 million album sales worldwide, she was the only artist to chart seven consecutive U.S. No. 1 singles. She also starred in several blockbuster movies before her brilliant career gave way to erratic behavior, scandals and death at age 48. The documentary feature Whitney is an intimate, unflinching portrait of Houston and her family that probes beyond familiar tabloid headlines and sheds new light on the spellbinding trajectory of Houston’s life. Using never-before-seen archival footage, exclusive demo recordings, rare performances, audio archives and original interviews with the people who knew her best, Oscar®-winning filmmaker Kevin Macdonald unravels the mystery behind “The Voice,” who thrilled millions even as she struggled to make peace with her own troubled past.
Old 02-13-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I watched “Whitney” on Netflix in Canada. Highly recommended for anyone who was a fan of her and her music. I’m just disappointed that they could not get the participation of her “friend” Robyn Crawford but then maybe her family will not have participated. Bobby Brown denial for the cause of her death is pathetic.
Old 02-14-19, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
They offered me the commercial plan for 2 years at $5.99 last year, so I've been doing that. The commercials are minimal so I don't mind too much. I use it the least so $6/mo isn't bad to have as a supplement.
Yep, me too...I'm guessing a lot of us have been paying $6 per month for a while now.
Old 02-14-19, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Yep, me too...I'm guessing a lot of us have been paying $6 per month for a while now.
And starting Feb28 the regular price will be $5.99. I wonder if those of us who have the promotional $5.99 which was $2 off $7.99 will keep our discount and be paying $3.99. Although I doubt it.
Old 02-14-19, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Reminder that if you have a Sprint Unlimited plan, it comes with a free subscription to Hulu Limited Commercials. They sure keep that quiet though.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ulu/863818001/
Old 02-14-19, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Letterkenny Valentine's Day special is up.
Old 02-18-19, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Is it my imagination or do the commercial breaks lesson the longer you watch?
I often see the little dot where there’s supposed to be a commercial and after watching a show for a couple hours it blows right through those breaks.
Old 02-18-19, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
I often see the little dot where there’s supposed to be a commercial and after watching a show for a couple hours it blows right through those breaks.
I noticed that too. I was watching the Gifted and around the third or so episode in a row there were no commercials in the second half of the show. But then the next show had commercials galore again so I'm not sure if it's a feature or a glitch. Also, the little countdown circle changed from showing how many ads were left to how long was left for the ads.

It's not like they were deduping the ads either, I still saw the same ads over and over and over.
Old 02-19-19, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
I watched a TV show last week (hour long) and there were NO ads at all...so, yes, this does seem to be a thing.
Old 02-19-19, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk God

I don't know. I guess some of you think it's too expensive, but I just pay the extra $4-5 to get the Hulu content commercial free.
Old 02-19-19, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

I'm on the 99c plan so that's like what, 1000% more if I wanted to upgrade?
Old 02-20-19, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I cant access Hulu from work, but i had a problem last night and was curious if anyone knew the answer. I currently have the no commercial plan for $11.99 a month.. I have 3 screen names under my account. One for me and one for each of my kids. I did not know you could only have 2 streams at one time which presented a problem because we were all attempting to watch our own thing last night. I never have this problem with Netflix so do they have another plan that will allow 3 or more streams? I think Netflix allows 4.
Old 02-20-19, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, there's an add-on called "Unlimited Screens": https://help.hulu.com/en-us/manage-y...scription-plan

But 1. It appears to only be for Hulu Live TV, and 2. it's an absurdly priced $14.99 -- it'd be cheaper to just add another subscription.

Make one of the kids take a subscriptions with Ads. Or if you're on Sprint, you can use your free subscription.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-20-19 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-20-19, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I cant access Hulu from work, but i had a problem last night and was curious if anyone knew the answer. I currently have the no commercial plan for $11.99 a month.. I have 3 screen names under my account. One for me and one for each of my kids. I did not know you could only have 2 streams at one time which presented a problem because we were all attempting to watch our own thing last night. I never have this problem with Netflix so do they have another plan that will allow 3 or more streams? I think Netflix allows 4.
Do you have Hulu w/ Live TV? Sounds like you can add the Unlimited Screens add-on (if you have Live)
https://help.hulu.com/en-us/unlimited-screens
ONE MONTH FREE, THEN
$14.99/month

I always thought it was 2 streams, but sounds like only 1 if you don't have Live TV.
https://help.hulu.com/en-us/streams

(You probably can't get to these at work either.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.