DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Streaming Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/)
-   -   MLBTV.com Issues (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk/619602-mlbtv-com-issues.html)

EddieMoney 04-21-14 08:23 AM

MLBTV.com Issues

Does anyone else subscribe to this? If so, has anyone else had issues this season? The whole app for the 360 is different this year: features removed, and it seems busted as hell. It is constantly buffering, freezing, pixelating, just a complete mess. Frustrating to pay $130 for something like this and for it to not even function.

shadokitty 04-21-14 08:32 AM

Re: MLBTV.com Issues

The Roku forums has an almost 40 page thread dedicated to MLB.TV issues this season. I subscribe on a monthly basis, and some days are good, some days are unwatchable.

EddieMoney 04-21-14 08:36 AM

That's too bad. Hopefully they fix this. It's nearly unwatchable right now.

DaveNinja 04-21-14 11:57 AM

Its been okay on my PS3. I get some "skipping back/buffering" when someone else in the house is heavily using the internet

scorpion 04-21-14 12:05 PM

This is the first season I've subscribed to MLB.Tv. It works pretty flawless without buffering when I use my iPad or PS3.....but I do have some connection issues when watching through my Apple TV; though, my Apple TV seems to have connection issues with other apps as well.

Mikael79 04-21-14 02:20 PM

I'm blaming the WWE Network! :)

PhantomStranger 04-21-14 03:00 PM

Going off past years, the service is always like this early in the season. It's just like a gym membership in January, people have paid for a year in advance and heavily use it for about a month. I know that Verizon included it as a freebie this year with their MLB Extra Innings package.

Shannon Nutt 04-21-14 04:28 PM

I've been watching the Roku app this year, because the XBox and XBox One apps are horrible. In addition to freezing, knocking you out of a game, etc., there's no option to turn off the scores, so if you are the type who wants to catch a game after it's happen, good luck trying to avoid seeing who won.

EddieMoney 04-22-14 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 12084169)
I've been watching the Roku app this year, because the XBox and XBox One apps are horrible. In addition to freezing, knocking you out of a game, etc., there's no option to turn off the scores, so if you are the type who wants to catch a game after it's happen, good luck trying to avoid seeing who won.

Yeah, I use a Roku too, and the app runs really smoothly on that. The Xbox 360 app is just horrid though.

dvd-4-life 04-26-14 05:59 AM

I got MLB.TV through DirecTV and it's free if you have MLB Extra Innings,so I have few complaints. I can always watch the game(s) with Extra Innings if there is a problem with MLB.TV.

Thinking about getting Roku because watching it on a laptop is a major pain.

EddieMoney 03-06-15 12:28 PM

Anyone (or group) interested in splitting a subscription this year?