Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Disney's Digital Copy Plus

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-13, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Disney's Digital Copy Plus

Originally Posted by keit2208
On Sword and the Stone and Robin Hood, it is only giving me the option for VUDU or Amazon. I'm interested in an iTunes digital copy. Am I doing something wrong?
I had the same thing happen to me.
Old 08-13-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by keit2208
On Sword and the Stone and Robin Hood, it is only giving me the option for VUDU or Amazon. I'm interested in an iTunes digital copy. Am I doing something wrong?
Disney did not include an iTunes option for their latest wave of releases. It's very likely going forward that second-tier catalog titles from Disney will not offer iTunes as an option. This batch of releases does redeem in HDX on VUDU.
Old 09-04-13, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, Disney no longer offers iTunes option consistently and the only way to find out is call Disney Home Video. Here is my experience and I spoke with Disney. It is not a mistake.

This is Wayne from Houston. I just thought your listeners and you would be interested in my experience with the new Digital Copy Plus from Disney. I recently purchased The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and The Muppet Movie (Original) on Blu-Ray with what was described as Digital Copy. Upon opening the box, I noticed a flier for Disney's newest service to provide greater choice. The service is called Digital Copy Plus. The special code is entered at the Digital Copy Plus webpage and then gives you "greater choice" in how you want your video delivered. There is just one problem. iTunes is not one of the options. That's right, greater choice under this program provides no alternative for iTunes. I just thought that Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac users should know to not buy these movies on disc if they wanted the movie in iTunes as the "digital copy" is not available under iTunes. The two options available are Amazon, which is internet based and built primarily for the Kindle Fire, and VuDu, which also requires an internet connection to view. Both of these require internet access to view the movies. Great if you are at home where you could play the Blu-Ray, bad if you are in an airplane. Unless you are happy paying for airline wireless, both of these are useless alternatives to any travelers. It is sad to see that again Disney puts money ahead of customers.

I encourage all users of Apple products to buy their Disney movies in digital form on iTunes rather than on disc. Only by voting with our money can we get change.
Old 09-13-13, 05:25 AM

I just entered my code for the Muppet Movie and it just gave me an Amazon credit for $14.99. Does this HAVE to be used on the Muppet Movie? It just looks like a generic store credit. Anyone use it on something else?
Old 09-13-13, 05:39 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatCraig
I just entered my code for the Muppet Movie and it just gave me an Amazon credit for $14.99. Does this HAVE to be used on the Muppet Movie? It just looks like a generic store credit. Anyone use it on something else?
I don't know about the Amazon credits from Disney. But the Amazon credits from Universal can only be used on that particular title. You can't even use it on the HD version.

The thing that bugs me about Amazon's Instant Video Store is that there's no confirmation page. You click that button and the order's placed. So you can't tell if the credit is being applied or how much you're going to be charged.
Old 09-13-13, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
The thing that bugs me about Amazon's Instant Video Store is that there's no confirmation page. You click that button and the order's placed. So you can't tell if the credit is being applied or how much you're going to be charged.
That's why I'm afraid to try it...thought I might use it on Iron Man but won't know if I'm charged until it's too late
Old 09-14-13, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CombatCraig
try it and let me know; c/s would probably refund you if it doesn't since it shows up in your promotional balance page
Old 09-24-13, 01:43 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

http://www.digitalcopyplus.com/providers
Old 09-25-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Google Play is a new option. It would be interesting if Google Play ever joined the UV consortium.
Old 10-04-13, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
I prefer VUDU because of superior streaming on my TV, and I can access most of them on my Kindle Fire via Flixster app. Wish Amazon would join UV also, then my choice would be easy.....
Really? Can someone who redeemed the VUDU version of Oz or Little Mermaid confirm or deny that the titles show up in your UV library if redeemed on VUDU? Both my kids have android tablets that aren't Kindle Fire and I would like it if they could watch Disney movies on them.
Old 10-05-13, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Really? Can someone who redeemed the VUDU version of Oz or Little Mermaid confirm or deny that the titles show up in your UV library if redeemed on VUDU? Both my kids have android tablets that aren't Kindle Fire and I would like it if they could watch Disney movies on them.
Sword and stone and muppets did not show up in uv when redeemed in vudu
Old 10-05-13, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Thanks. Guess I'll use Amazon then as that seems to be the only way I can download to the iPad and steam to my TV without buying another device.