Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-17, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I got a digital copy of Titanic with movie ticket purchase yesterday. I redeemed it at paramount as instructed. It shows up in my UV library, but not on VUDU. Why would that be? Should I contact VUDU? Should I give it one more day?
Old 12-04-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I got a digital copy of Titanic with movie ticket purchase yesterday. I redeemed it at paramount as instructed. It shows up in my UV library, but not on VUDU. Why would that be? Should I contact VUDU? Should I give it one more day?
Because it is not tagged UV in Vudu.
Old 12-04-17, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Titanic is not labelled as UV on Vudu so while Titanic may be in your UV library Vudu does not acknowledge it (also not enabled on FandangoNow).

At a glance it looks like you should be able to redeem the digital code directly into Vudu, which you won't get UV rights but it will show on Vudu, if you end up with another code.
Old 12-04-17, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Because it is not tagged UV in Vudu.
I don't understand that. I see what you're saying, but if it's UV, it's UV, right? Are there other titles like that?
I notice that I don't show as owning it on Fandango either (they also don't have it tagged UV). That's so weird.
Old 12-04-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
At a glance it looks like you should be able to redeem the digital code directly into Vudu, which you won't get UV rights but it will show on Vudu, if you end up with another code.
He could also try redeeming the same code directly into VUDU.
Old 12-04-17, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
He could also try redeeming the same code directly into VUDU.
That didn't work.

I'm thinking about getting another code from AMC. What's the point of getting a UV copy if I can't play it on anything?
Wish I had redeemed it on VUDU instead of following the instructions.
Old 12-04-17, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That didn't work.

I'm thinking about getting another code from AMC. What's the point of getting a UV copy if I can't play it on anything?
Wish I had redeemed it on VUDU instead of following the instructions.
Looking at the fine print of the promotion:
Digital download code will be delivered via email confirmation receipt for TITANIC tickets purchased from 11/15 through 12/3. One per transaction. Offer only valid on amctheatres.com. While supplies last at participating theatres only. Valid in the US only with a ParamountMovies.com account linked to an UltraViolet account. Must be 18 or older. Not compatible with all devices. For more information go to uvvu.com or ParamountMovies.com/support. Must be redeemed with a US UltraViolet account by 2/3/2018 at 11:59:59 PM PT. One code, per transaction. Limited quantities.
Spoiler:

So it doesn't look like it'd ever work on VUDU, even if you had tried there first.

While it's technically a UV title, it looks like the only place it works/syncs is on Paramount's own Paramount Movies service. You can watch it via the website, or use their Android or iOS apps. However, based on reviews, it looks like their apps suck:
https://www.paramountmovies.com/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orefront&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/para...515537531?mt=8
Old 12-04-17, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

Things are added/removed to UV almost daily (See Zu's House of Data on Google+).
And many films/tv shows are UV at Vudu but not at FandangoNow and some vice versa.
I redeemed American Gods tv show on Vudu, slip said UV, but it wasn't uv on Vudu.
A few weeks later, episode 1 (ONLY) went UV. Then after a few more weeks, got 4 more episodes go UV, then another week or 2 the rest of them finally went UV.
From what I've seen other people post about things not porting around, most of the time the vendors all point the finger at someone else. myuv says it's Vudu's fault, vudu says it's myuv's fault, or paramount's fault, etc.
Old 12-04-17, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Things are added/removed to UV almost daily..
True, but Titanic hasn't been UV linked on VUDU since at least April of this year:
https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...cussion/61373-

Earlier disc releases of Titanic had digital codes that redeemed in iTunes, but only in SD:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=241975
Old 12-04-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Not every UV movie is UV on VUDU itself. VUDU has to pay UV rights for each movie it carries and it looks like Titanic lost that status.
Old 12-04-17, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Not every UV movie is UV on VUDU itself. VUDU has to pay UV rights for each movie it carries and it looks like Titanic lost that status.
Honestly, from what I can find, it never had UV status on VUDU. From this thread, Feb, 2016, Titanic wasn't UV on VUDU:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-...l#post12734039
Old 12-04-17, 03:25 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I don't remember Titanic ever having UV status. Just like the Indiana Jones movies.
Old 12-04-17, 04:13 PM

^ But the thing is, Titanic DOES have UV status, just not on VUDU. It's so weird. It's in my UV library -- I just can't play it on a streaming service.

I'm trying to decide if I should try to get another code from AMC or just pay $2 for the D2D program (if it's part of that).
edit : Of course it isn't.
Old 12-04-17, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ But the thing is, Titanic DOES have UV status, just not on VUDU...
Well, also not on FandangoNOW, or FiOS, or Kaleidescape....
https://www.myuv.com/where-to-watch

You also can't buy it on Paramount Movies site, so nobody saw any UV status of the title there, and all previous digital codes redeemed in iTunes.

So it's a "UV" title, but one that only works on Paramount's own site.

I guess there's a possibility it's a recent addition to UV, possibly just to accommodate this promotion, and that other services will soon by able to sync it via UV. But that remains to be seen.
Old 12-04-17, 04:50 PM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

No wonder Paramount is giving away free UV codes for Titanic (since it no one accepts the UV for it); that's lame. What a bummer. I previously purchased Titanic off Vudu and checked my UV locker, it doesn't look like Titanic ever ported into myuv.

Paramount is one of the last major UV studios (aside from Lionsgate) not to sign onto Movies Anywhere, maybe in the future they will and Paramount purchases (like this copy of Titanic) will be relevant.
Old 12-04-17, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

It looks to me like Paramount wants to copy Sony and compete with iTunes and Vudu. That’s why both are making some titles and/or UHD versions exclusive to their proprietary sites. I would pay zero attention to Paramount’s and Sony’s sites otherwise. I hope both fail, movie studios are not a brand no matter what the studios think.
Old 12-04-17, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave

https://www.watchvudu.com/five/

Promotion begins on 11/1/17 and ends 11/30/17 at 11:59pm PDT. Must spend $25 in qualifying purchases within promotion period to qualify for $5 credit in December. Eligible only on the first $25 spent during promotion period. Disc + Digital, Disc to Digital, and Mix & Match are eligible to count toward $25 minimum spend. Any service and/or movie credits used do NOT count toward $25 minimum spend. Pre-orders do not count toward $25 minimum unless the pre-order is charged within the promotion period. Tax does not count toward $25 minimum spend.

Credit will be delivered by E-mail by 12/15/17. Limit one credit/offer per account/household.
Received my credit this evening!
Old 12-04-17, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Well, also not on FandangoNOW, or FiOS, or Kaleidescape....
https://www.myuv.com/where-to-watch

You also can't buy it on Paramount Movies site, so nobody saw any UV status of the title there, and all previous digital codes redeemed in iTunes.

So it's a "UV" title, but one that only works on Paramount's own site.

I guess there's a possibility it's a recent addition to UV, possibly just to accommodate this promotion, and that other services will soon by able to sync it via UV. But that remains to be seen.
That's super-interesting. I didn't know that you could never buy it from Paramount's site before. So maybe it's just been added to UV and the streaming services haven't caught up yet.
Old 12-04-17, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Received my credit this evening!
Me too.
Old 12-04-17, 09:27 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Here's the December $6.99 HDX sale page. Prices will drop at Midnight PST.

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/76/0
Old 12-04-17, 09:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Me too.
me 3...
Old 12-05-17, 09:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/70/2 <---Monthly TV Sale

Got my credit too...promptly was spent on an episode of Nikita and an episode of My Name is Earl. Nikita I'm up to the first 8 episodes of Season 1 (still need six on the Vudu side @ current prices before I get the rest of it for free), and Earl I have the first 3 episodes (but only need two more before I get the rest of the season for free). Slowly but surely.

Anyway, part of me want to buy the first three seasons of Parts Unknown but $8.99 a season is a bit much for 8 episodes...the $6.99 I spent on Season 9 was much more palatable. Funny what a difference $2 makes.

Also tempted by American Pickers (Volume 14, $6.99 / 13 episodes)...but that show is clearly the type of watching once and not again.
Old 12-11-17, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

So I just got $10 in movie credits, when I go to use the $10 will it be deducted automatically before being charged anything on my credit card?
Old 12-11-17, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So I just got $10 in movie credits, when I go to use the $10 will it be deducted automatically before being charged anything on my credit card?
Yes, if you've applied the credit to your account. Check here to see what credit you have on your account:
https://my.vudu.com/AccountManage.html#balanceHistory/
Old 12-12-17, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

So, what ARE the chances that they will have a sale on Star Wars movies in the next week or so?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.